Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

Telemarketers

I've spent the last few weeks getting up quite late. And every 2nd day a bloody telemarketer rings with a signal strenght that definitely sounds like it is coming from India/Asian, with the non-fluent English to boot.

Without fail, everytime they ring, I listen to the first sentence of speel they read out monotonously, then, at the top of my voice, say:

I'VE GOTTA GO, MY BABY IS ON FIRE!

I do not want savings on my next stay at the Crown Plaza, or care about what dial-up deals Slingshit has.

Discuss.

Just ask for their name and home phone number so you can call back when it's more convieniant(sp?) for you to talk, they won't ring back lol.

Fill out this form at marketing.org.nz to remove yourself from phone lists.

Free service.

Hell yes bravo! Thanks for that. :)

Telephone land lines are so 2001.

I've always said my mrs is having a baby. Trend?

we don't get the calls on our VOIP line - it seems telemarketing companies don't have access to these number databases

I can’t hear them as my machinery is quite noisy, I usually say what, what., what, what, what, what what untill they hang up. I once pretended my arm was caught in the machine and the f**kers hung up instead of asking if I was ok..

I gave up being nice years ago.

"Now F**K OFF" works quite well :P

Thanks for the link Bravo :cheers:

Just ask for their name and home phone number so you can call back when it's more convieniant(sp?) for you to talk, they won't ring back lol.

I was having issues with constant calls on my cellphone from a telemarketing firm trying to sell used car warranties. To get rid of them I let the guy go through his speil, I sounded all interested went right though the process and when he asked for my car details I said I had a 1982 Ford Pinto with 400,000 miles on it and some bad oil leaks. The guy stuttered away and said that they couldn't offer a warranty on a car of that vintage.

I have not had a call since!

Cheers

Grant

I had some twit from slingshot ring me, try and offer me services I already had with them. If they call again, I'm gonna say, "if you ring me again, I will be changing ISP"

I normally just put the phone down and leave them talking [ I ain't paying for the call from India ]

Iv had my gym call me at home 3 times now offering 2 weeks free membership, every time iv said yip add it onto my current membership. The reply has always been "oh sorry this is for new members only. Do you have any friends or family that would like to join?", i proceed to tell they that i wouldn't recommend their gym due to not looking after current due to not looking after current members.

The girl that rings up is quite a amateur cold caller also, the call starts off with "oh hi, my boss has asked me to call people up and offer..."

Gyms now full with people on 2 week trials and its quite annoying when its busy in there all day long and you cant even get a bench half the time.

/rant off