Sign in to follow this  
charles28

My recently Acquired 325i E30

Here's the new beast, just took these pictures, as you can see it has a stupid looking dumpy muffler, but other than that it seems to be a good tidy car, am happy with my purchase, but next week I will arrange for the Muffler to be changed for a normal Euro Style Twin pipe one.

The interiors good on this car, but is missing the Tray that goes under the steering wheel, also there's no head unit, however I have a good sound set-up in my other E30 which is my daily driver.

I had a good drive back in the car, only fault I found was bad wheel balance/alignment, will get that sorted out asap also. other than that, it goes hard, a lot of torque with the 2.7 ETA block + 731 Head Combo. the power flattens off just before 6000rpm though due to the longer stroke I assume and perhaps the 731 head, however up to 5800 it pulls very well..

I paid $3000 for this car, as the owner told me that it would blow smoke under hard acceleration, only had 190-195psi compression and could do with new rings, however I couldn't get it to blow any smoke myself and I gave it a good hammering, upon checking the oil this morning the levels still on full after the drive yesterday, so I think I can leave having to do any engine repairs for a while yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And heres some pics of my 320i that i've had for a few months now, its pretty standard and an automatic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not a bad buy for 3k there! A few cosmetic enhancements and it'll look great. I see the ugly taillights have gone already!

If it's losing power at the top end the cam is probably worn and the head might need a rebuild... do the tappets tick quite loudly especially at high revs?

Not a bad buy for 3k there! A few cosmetic enhancements and it'll look great. I see the ugly taillights have gone already!

If it's losing power at the top end the cam is probably worn and the head might need a rebuild... do the tappets tick quite loudly especially at high revs?

Didn't seem all that Loud (no worse than my 320i that had a head rebuild in 2006), although with the noisy exhaust its hard to tell in some ways.

I think i'd look at changing the head to a 885, eventually I'll rebuild it, but haven't decided what I want to achieve. Ie NA or Turbo.

I'm going to take it to the Ruapuna Drags this Sunday all going well and put it down the 1/4 Mile, mainly to see what it does compared to a stock 325i.

Both very nice E30s. Love the white one more though. Good score.

Looks like you did well mate - 3k for a manual 6 banger with recaros, headers, weaves, black door cards, colour coding etc. If it was mine i'd blacken the strips around the bumpers to break up the white a bit.

Just made a dodgy 0-100km approx video,

it was on a mates driveway that goes into his farm, so private, but only long enough for that much.

The car was warmed up of course, just that the Temp gauge only seems to go up to that point and stay there.

Edited by Charles28

nice car, well done, looks like it goes as hard as a 325i, there isnt much in it.

If it was mine i'd blacken the strips around the bumpers to break up the white a bit.

+ The plate filler, door strips etc. Sounds like a good buy for 3k tho, Jealous.

Yeah, I reckon keep it all white. Looks good like that.

The Grill & Window Seals is good enough for Blackness...lol

Edited by Shady

Yeah, I reckon keep it all white. Looks good like that.

The Grill & Window Seals is good enough for Blackness...lol

heres a video of it starting from cold and idling, has a pretty mean sounding idle i reckon

Seems like a good buy to me man!

Can't wait to see it :)

Seems like a good buy to me man!

Can't wait to see it :)

yes i'll be sure to come along to a BMW meet sometime soon in Christchurch.

heres a video of it starting from cold and idling, has a pretty mean sounding idle i reckon

cant realy hear it? Is that good or bad? Not a fan on that fartcan though a, need a euro sports exhaust. maybe give it a rev in another video? Does it sound tinny? When I had a fartcan on mine it sounded like a Honda :lol: and yes I replaced it... with a twintip xforce euro style muffler, way better & not noisy.

Hows that different? Just another a mod to make it look & sound like a boyracer, which I am not...

Hows that different? Just another a mod to make it look & sound like a boyracer, which I am not...

I'm with you on that one man, I am going to the exhaust shop tomorrow to get that damn fart canon removed, in place i'll get a Dual Outlet exhaust, Euro style!.

I'll put an updated Pic on as soon as its done!.

As for the car being all white, I like that about it, its one of those things that everyones not going to agree on.

This is my 1st Manual trans BMW and my 1st BMW with more than a 2 Litre engine.

All I can say now is that I wish i'd had one before, I didn't know what I was missing i guess.

manuals are so much more fun huh?

good on ya for wanting to remove the cannon style muffler i nice rain catcher twin pipe will fit much better.. well thats my 2c ^_^

post-4588-1251609975.jpg

post-4588-1251609989.jpg

Thats what mine looks like. Its an "Xforce" Stainless Steel Twintip. Pretty big, but sounds nice.

Cost $80 off Trademe. Euro Style Replica.

Edited by Shady

Thats a good buy mate! sharp looking car. I like the all white look, but in addition to whats already been done I would paint the sills and bottom of the rear bumper white as well, brings the whole car down and makes it look lower to the tarmac. Heres a picture of my car when I first got it to show you what I mean. Its a pretty similar looking car really except for the mtech1 side skirts on mine.

post-1699-1251612783.jpg

Edited by SIR E30

Thats a good buy mate! sharp looking car. I like the all white look, but in addition to whats already been done I would paint the sills and bottom of the rear bumper white as well, brings the whole car down and makes it look lower to the tarmac. Heres a picture of my car when I first got it to show you what I mean. Its a pretty similar looking car really except for the mtech1 side skirts on mine.

Nice car you got there, mmm maybe I might look at some sideskirts, + painting black bit under back bumper.

Finally got the Rice Canon removed, in place a slightly less Rice Muffler :)

The main thing is its a heck of alot quieter now, which is GOOD.

I have some BMW badges coming too.. I don't like having ricey alpina badges on a stock 325i

Posted Image

Car already owes me 7k now lol.. mmm purchase price is meaningless

Edited by Charles28