Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Maddie - Road/Track E30

Pics of grinding on safety critical item?

Pics of grinding on safety critical item?

+1

Is the rubbing on the flangey outer caliper bit?

Or the bit close to the hub?

^ It is on the outer piece of the top floating piece of the caliper, is still heaps of meat left on them, caliper will be painted so nobody with more than half a brain (i.e wof inspectors won't know).

Pics to come when I get home from Uni.

Thats Rangi as, read- something I would do.

Pics though are a must.

Right time for a update, have been ultra busy at uni consuming my life, but have slowly been making progress and picking bits up I need as I go along, just need a couple solid weekends at it and a little more funds and the car will be finished to my liking (for the moment :D).

Deadline is the end of this month to have it done, my lovely GF is sick of being a garage wife :lol:

Prepare for a sh*t load of pics, haven't bumped this in a while, purists close your eyes :lol:

56K OH NO!!!!1111!!!

- Dash Mat, thanks to Luke (Boost Junky)

Posted Image

- Recovered Drivers Seat in original black vinyl, amazing job, recommend these guys to anyone: Allcar Car Upholstery. Can't even tell which panels are the new ones.

Posted Image

- Schedule A rated Fire Extinguisher, bolted to the floor in front of the drivers seat.

Posted Image

- New center console and handbrake console thanks to Ian (Hartage) along with a new rear ashtray and battery holder for the boot.

Posted Image

- Suede Shifter Boot and Handbrake Boot with 'M' color stitching.

Posted Image

- Noltec Blue Urethane Spring Pads for the rear.

Posted Image

- Red Tinted Tailights, not bad for my first attempt, sides are now more blood orange than full red.

Posted Image

- Completed center console with headunit stolen out of our Subaru Legacy :D

Posted Image

- Painted Valve Cover with Sanded back BMW and lines, in my favourite color.

Posted Image

- Completed Airbox

Posted Image

- Rust repair still going, and the rear arches still to start.

Posted Image

- Fusion 5.25's for the rear, soon to be mated with Fusion 4's for the front in OEM covers.

Posted Image

- Stole some carpet off some 6 x 9 speaker boxes and put two panels by the rear seat to cover a small rip on one side in the vinyl, looks so OEM :)

Posted Image

- One side of the car with no more rubbing calipers :D on the new wheels.

Posted Image

- Now the Piste De Resistance, my new ignition coil, mainly made to take the piss, Red Bull is my #1 vice and I copied it out of a magazine I saw :P

Posted Image

- Colorcoded Mirrors, Eyelids, thanks to Nick (Nick021) and Tech1 Wing piece all nearly ready for fitting to the car.

Posted Image

- Broken foglight to fix :(

Posted Image

- Silver tinted orange bulbs awaiting my clear front indicators.

Posted Image

- Painted headlight rings, awaiting a new pair of high beams though :(

Posted Image

Edited by Forrest

- Race Series Spec (ish) Koni Adjustiable Rear Shocks to match my Fronts, thanks to Paul from Interpart (#14).

Posted Image

- E36 Clear Side Indicators, awaiting a custom mount to hide the holes in the body, thanks to Jason (SIRE30).

Posted Image

- Brass Sleeve for the knuckle on the gearbox for my Z3 Short Shift, thanks to Jason again.

Posted Image

- Long awaited caliper photos that have been attacked with a angle grinder to get the Borbet Rep's to fit, will be painted the same blue as my valve cover :)

Posted Image

- Small selection of other things to put on the car this weekend as well as the urethane mounted rear subframe.

Posted Image

And one more photo just for kicks :D

Posted Image

(with some little Hubcentric rings, thanks to Jono (Zenetti) for sorting me out with those)

Think that's enough updating for the moment, time to get cracking :D

Comments are welcome :)

Haha! Love the Red Bull can. A mate of mine has had a V can skin over his distributor in his Starion for a few years now, lol each time I see it.

Those wheels really are sweet. Pure 80's.

*edit - oh wow didn't see the last page. Love the valve cover!

Edited by Incary

Guest Simon*

Doooooooooooo like the suede ///M stitched goodies :)

It's gonna be badass Nath. Nice work

Shaping up to be a tidy road weapon :D

Loving everything (except maybe the eyelids)

Definatly looking good Nath - hopefully we'll see you at intermarques soon, wanna see how well this thing goes!

Tough son B) I want your wing damn it haha! Please make mould :P

Haha my dad was like "oh your selling my 40th birthday present I got" lol!

He got that dashmat for his 40th birthday back in 1999 and it still looks like new haha!

Gonna be awesome when you have completed this bro! Tail lights are looking good and I think the eyelids will look tought JiB :D

Nice update fella.

Thanks everyone for the comments, for the first time in weeks I actually like my E30 :ph34r:

Fridays off uni today, so will be spent;

- Pulling my 4th rear subframe in about 4 months :(

- Painting my calipers

- Taking apart the front subframe and rebuilding it, and the struts.

Update:

- Rear sub frame, trailing arms, diff out.

- Drive shaft out to make sub frame removal easier and remove harmonic balancer off the front of the drive shaft to stop my Z3 shifter rubbing.

- LSD cover plate taken off to install urethane diff mount.

- Holes drilled in boot floor for easy in/out of top bolts that mount diff to sub frame :)

- Front struts removed to be taken apart and reinstalled with Race Series Koni's.

- Reurethaning under the car begins; diff mount, spring pads, trailing arm bushes, front and rear sway bar mounts, control arm bushes, sub frame mounts.

- Calipers are painted the same blue as my valve cover, installing begins on them mated with braided lines and Trusting High Performance pads.

- Fusion 5.25's and 6.5's installed in the front and rear respectively.

- Boot lid rust killed and ready to be primed and painted with installation of Tech 1 wing.

Pics to come when it is all fitted back to the car :)

Edited by Forrest

Update:

- Rear subframe roughly mounted in.

- Koni's installed in my front struts that are now completed. Thanks to Paul (#14).

- Rear shocks have to be modified as they currently only have 15mm of droop when fitted :o

- Boot rust is finished, all painted. Boot interior, tail lights etc has been all re fitted, going to take the side boot carpet out for good so I can adjust the rear shocks and save a little weight :D

- Trying to reduce as much under body weight, exhaust heat shields were removed by a previous owner and misc trim etc has been taken off by me.

- Paid for a new intake boot from Gavin at Euro Italian, am awaiting my clear front indicators and some chrome gauge rings in my instrument cluster along with redded gauge needles.

- Tow bar has been taken of (read: angle grinded :D) the rear bumper mounts instead of buying a new bumper/non tow bar mounts, saved 8kg according to my scales, and bumper mounts have been painted with Hammerite (amazing stuff!)

Pictures to come.

Photos of what has been keeping me busy, still trucking :) My girlfriend leaves for Vegas for two weeks today, car has to be back on the road by the time she gets back otherwise I am in the dog box :wacko:

- Rust repair

Posted Image

Posted Image

- Painted Calipers

Posted Image

- Colorcoded Mirrors fitted

Posted Image

- Boot/tailgate rust repaired and painted, with redded tails fitted

Posted Image

- A small selection of what is going to keep me busy for the next week

Posted Image

- Fusion 6.5 rears and 5.25 fronts

Posted Image

Posted Image

- Battery killswitch incorporated into the boot

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yellow handbrake mid mounted in your sport seats? Phat mod boe.

Narrr. Looking good, Mad colour on the brakes.

How much was that gear knob?

Uh like $30 off trade me, autotechnica branded, me and Blair (BRS) have the same one and can vouch for how awesome they are.

Ha James, it is just my steering wheel lock. Yeah luuuuuurve the color ay. Have to be ma fave.

Hows the fit of those gearknobs ive gota greddy one and its pretty crap, do they come with those universal plugs to fit onto the shaft properly?

^ I never use the plugs. I use insulating tape wrapped around the shifter then the small threaded piece with allen key screws to bite into the shaft then it has the knob part which screws onto the lower thread piece. I can take pics if anyone wants.

It fits real well. I love my Nismo-esque, Buttplugesque Shifter :wub:

Edited by Forrest

Pics would be great i like that Gearknob :D

Yeeaaah those gearknobs are mint as!

Easy as to fit and wont come off in a hurry, only suit white cars tho sorry guys haha.

Nice work Nath, good things take time.

31 days till i see this in the flesh?