Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Maddie - Road/Track E30

nice man coming along slowly.

In regards to exterior mods, think your spot on, def go for the borbets!

Guest Simon*

Looks good Nath and nice work

Someone needs to hook up a set of those Borbets soonest - sell your oonst oonst sounds sh*t and invest in some hawtwheels! You shouldn't be able to hear the stereo over the sound of six-cylinder screaming slippy diff badassness anyhow ;)

^ Haha the rear speakers have been migrated to my gf's car, so the flaming can stop they were cheap ok :P...i'd pretty much do anything to get a set of these wheels. And dw the car is loud enough the stereo does not get used a lot anyway :D

^ This is in regards to road wheels. Still have the other set of 15 x 7's with Toyo R888's on em..never seen a track yet <_<

I can scrub those r888's in for you this weekend if you like nathan?! lol.

im thinking my wheels would look super slick on this ride

- Fitted Z3 Shifter tonight, how important are those little yellow/white plastic washers that go on either side of the shifter when circliped to the shifter rod? I had to take them out to get the circlip on properly :S

- Found a DIY for backlight bulbs for my OBC here: http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread.php?t=16507 so once that is sorted the center piece of my dash can go back in the car.

- Starting rust repair Friday :S my 6 years younger e30 had worse rust than this one so I am very happy.

- Seat is going to the upholsterers to get a quote to be recovered in vinyl tomorrow.

- Got permission to buy Borbet Type A's, so am awaiting on a set to arrive in Wellington and they will be my new road wheels :D

Have a tentative date of mid August to have this finished and ready for the Intermarques, looking pretty likely if am able to source parts relatively quickly.

Edited by Forrest

Going Good mate, ooo i want a set if borbet A's :P only if i had that much spare $$#

- Got permission to buy Borbet Type A's, so am awaiting on a set to arrive in Wellington and they will be my new road wheels :D

So jealous! I will get some of these in the future..... Will be good to see what they look like on yours first though!

Also keen. Someone hurry up and get a set.

You left out..

- Fill her up with fuel to drive to New Plymouth to visit Luke and participate in "minor" thrashings of multiple E30s :rolleyes:

ps. Nath. those Borbets are gonna look so badass yooooo

When those Borbets are on the car it better be sacked on GC's :P

^ Once the m52 goes in, in the summer, thats the next plan :D uhoh, the addiction continues...

- Sorry to disappoint everyone awaiting photos of the Borbet's on a E30, have a set aside for me, waiting on some tyres to be sent down so will be on my car on Monday :wub:

- Seat has been quoted so will be fixed next week.

- Spent the day taking the seats out, replacing the parcel tray, vacuuming the carpet (full of dog hair and 5c pieces <_< ), picking various interior pieces up over the weekend so interior should be complete bar some small speakers and the motorsport seat by Sunday :)

- Rust is going to be started tomorrow :)

- Then it's onto subtle exterior mods, suspension and brake swap from the red car and it will be done done done :)

- Can anyone recommend a good place to get fire extinguishers? My supercheap Schedule A one hasn't been used and the gauge says it's low, so not going to risk it and will buy a decent one but from where?

Edited by Forrest

I use the SuperCheap one. All (4) of mine still say full pressure?

i've got a super cheapy in the 306 you could have as i'm wreaking the 306.. but i think shipping would cost the same as you buying a supersheapy

I think someone (not me may have dropped it <_< ) cos it still sprayed foam all good. I will just buy another one :).

- In other news my engine bay is now shiny and tidy (ish) with a awesome black wrinkle effect valve cover with silver raised bmw and lines :D

I dig it. Just for what its worth I own half a plantengrun e30 (two doors and two panels haha) it used to belong to Ryan (rjs) Its the only other one I've seen.

Planaten Grun is obviously my new favourite color :D

I saw another e30 here in Wellington this week in the same color, also there is a e28 in essentially the same color 5 houses away from me.

Like my old Calypso Red car, I like it because it is a rare e30 color.

Edited by Forrest

If you've sprayed the supercheap extenguisher it will now be useless, cos when u spray them they clog the nozzle, and start leaking pressure.. so possibly someone may have thought it clever to test spray it? and that caused the guage to read low..

^ Yeah I think that may have happened, obviously when I sprayed it I knew it was already f**ked.

No harm done, just another thing to add to the growing list of things to do.

Thought I would put up a bit of an update, it has been a while, too cold outside to take pictures, so use your imagination.

- Been attacking the rust in the rear tailgate and the guards, then it is on to a small piece in the sunroof and it will be all gone :)

- Have been trying to fit these new road wheels to my car: http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=24032 ended up attacking the front calipers with a grinder and they just need a little more taken off and they won't rub.

- Sold my old race wheels also, so a set of 15 x 7 Basket weaves are being organized as we speak.

- Got quite a lot of painting to do this week, Nick 021's eyebrows should arrive, along with my tech 1 wing and spare set of mirrors, all prepped and ready to go, have sourced some clear indicators and red my tails since they are off the car for the rust repair.

- Still got quite a large list of stuff that is broken that needs to be replaced, but isn't too big for a 24 year old car.

- Engine Bay has received a massive tidy with a painted valve cover and various other rusted pieces and a alloy air box has been made thanks to Anthony (Flake)

- Picking up my recovered seat hopefully today, then just need some speakers for the stereo and a new center console this week and the interior is complete.

- Then it is onto suspension and brakes. Car will run my old set up (Nolathane bushes all round with Koni Adjustable Race Series shocks with Eibach springs) with the addition of some urethane engine mounts from IE and a front strut brace, and for the brakes my old set up of (Trusting High Performance pads and braided lines front and rear) with the addition of getting my OEM rotors slotted.

So that's it for now, plenty to do, three weeks till I want the car finished :rolleyes:

Have started a fund and part sourcing exercise for my motor rebuild in the summer, more to come on that once the car is sort of done.

Edited by Forrest