Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Maddie - Road/Track E30

Nice one Nath - looks like she'll turn out nice!! Tech1 FTW!!

Why 6x9's??? It's well known that you get better sound from more expensive amped front components and a sub. Plus that way for track days its super easy to pull out the sub box and amp to lighten the car.

will be keeping an eye one this mate! should be awesome!

Yeah ditch the 6x9's and spend the money on something else man.

I got 400w JBL 6x9's for $50 on trade me, barely used, tell me that isnt a good deal....

The front components and the 6 x 9's will both be amped. The front speakers are these: http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....st&p=252492 Had a good write up on them so I thought I would see how they ran, and kept the rears JBL to match.

Don't wana bother with a sub again, been there done that.

I am no audiophile, just want something that sounds okay when road tripping etc. Not worried about weight too much, just gonna have to add more power to compensate.

Edited by Forrest

I got 400w JBL 6x9's for $50 on trade me, barely used, tell me they aren't teh ghey

Fixed.

;)

Guess next time I won't bother posting anything to do with audio cause apparently I get paid out for not buying the right stuff. In other news parcel tray is dyed and the gauge panel is painted. 24 hours till I can start properly getting into it.

No need for sounds when you got a nice sounding 6cyl perched in front of ya Nath! ;) but nah ur right it is nice to have a descent set of sounds when your travelling. I really hope you go down the DOHC track for your own good and because my car needs an older brother haha! :P

Guess next time I won't bother posting anything to do with audio cause apparently I get paid out for not buying the right stuff.

We all know if you're going to bother with 6x9s,

You might aswell be a real man and fit them properly by cutting through your metal parcel tray.

Chur :lol:

- Dyed Parcel Tray

Posted Image

- Painted gauge panel, actually used black stone chip protection paint for this as it gives a nice textured finish to blend in nice with the dash.

Posted Image

- Air Filter system is in the post, just have to fab up a alloy air box now. Oil temp gauge is in the post also to slot in my panel.

- Picking the car up tomorrow after 2pm :D Then am hopefully going to drive it up to Taupo on Thursday till Tuesday for a boozed as weekend. Will take plenty of photos when I am up there, write up a list of things to tidy up on the car and hopefully do some skids in the middle of nowhere :P So excited :D

Edited by Forrest

Lmao I love the similarites in our projects. Good luck and have fun with that LSD when you get it!

(Turn in then punch gas in 2nd :D )

^ Won't lie Henry I want to build something that goes and looks like yours does :)

Cheers man, very knowledgeable advice :)

I'd like to take the credit for the adjective 'monster' then :D

And there are so many reasons for making a tidy stock looking car with epic performance. Driving past cops innocently is a big motivator, and only a select few friends know what it is really like.

Just got home from flying to Auckland then driving back home in 12 hours...what can I say...

WHAT A CAR.

More to come in a week :D getting my color pens out to start brainstorming how to tweak this beast. Wahoo

Edited by Forrest

good to hear nath.. nothing better than the long drive home after buying a new car :)

Nice, props for buying a car with photos of it drifting in it's for sale ad

Let you guys in on a secret. That photos a fake. Kinda. I had actually spun there. And am coming back onto the track sideways. lol.

That car has never infact been drifting while I owned it. Some may remember that I had a 180SX for doing that.

Looking forward to seeing it come along. Wish I had the space to get stuck into it. The car looked great driving away.

Well I have just got home from driving about 2000km in the last 6 days.

Car is amazing, on a complete other level from my old 316i.

- Managed to sort a few things out before I left for Taupo last Friday, mainly put my OMP Replica Suede Wheel on, new badges, removed the broken cruise control arm, fitted a new Simota Pod Filter and Induction Pipe behind the passenger headlight (just needs a airbox now).

- In my huge amount of time in the car I have noticed a few things wrong that need to be fixed; a lot of misc interior stuff needs replacing e.g front and rear ashtrays, front door cards (have a spare set to put in), headunit is sh*t (pillaging a decent one out of our Legacy wagon), the car has wayyyyy to much camber with the current wheels (I don't own the wheels they will be swapped asap along with < 3 deg camber on the adjustiable top mounts), the shifter bush is pwned so a Z3 short shift will be in it's place very soon along with my butt-plugesque gear knob, broke a hi beam headlight driving the car home from Auckland and lastly, the front windscreen will eventually be replaced by a better condition one out of my old car.

All in all, am mighty happy with the car, goes like a house on fire, sounds like an orgasm for the ears, just needs a few tweaks and some TLC and we will be laughing.

Also managed to do a few donuts on the Desert Rd on the way up to Taupo when it was snowing at a rest stop and try out the LSD :D

Also, for those who care, the color is something on the lines of Plantengrun, havn't seen it on any other E30's in NZ before.

Pics to come.

Edited by Forrest

Awesome Nathan! Cant wait to check this badboy out in person when you heading up these ways? Remember DOHC ftw ;)

yeooow, loving it cant wait for pics!

PS: Nothings wrong with the white gear knob haha

Nice Car Nathan !!

Funnily enough

that's the car your mates lowering springs came from.

yo nate-digity, do you turrriddup shredder?

that is one mint looking car, stoaked as for you. definatly notice the difference between your 2.5 and my 2.0, might have to 2.7 mine. hahaha man i can't believe the way aaron was when he drove it, yelling and screaming, honking and breaking late n jit. plus stalling.lol fail, what a meat flap.

we should muck around with the airbox aswell this weekend, i've still got that sheet of ally we can fab up for your box and make another one for my crusier. haha box

oh yeah and do a skid. i've already done 3 today. check it. top of st johns into larsen.

you know!

Edited by flake

Flake, get a 4.1 diff and it will go nuts :P

the 3.25 diff kills it and it sure is a weird diff ratio