Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Maddie - Road/Track E30

Try painting a car with 2k paint in a closed garage with no mask. :unsure:

Cars looking good btw, how soon til shes back on the road?

Um I want it essentially road legal/done bar harness and seat by the end of Feb.

Lol I did that... was coughing clear coat for days!

Looking good nath, can you take more pics of the hold you cut in the boot... wanna see if it would be of any help.

I originally two holes cut with a holesaw for the two bolts, found that a bit of a pita to get it all square so I cut a rectangle about the same shape as the top piece of the subframe (surely that could be said a easier way)

Nice work mate, so you have decided to carry on rather than put in storage?

Cheers, I am going to keep trucking and as long as it doesn't stop me running heaps, studying heaps and spending all my money then I will keep working on it till atleast Uni goes back in a month and I will see where I am at.

Great work. So the engine is all fine now?

Too be honest, it isn't the same since I overheated it at the track day, a lot noisyer on idle and seems to be a bit down on power. After helping Anthony on his M50 it is a lot more fiddling than I anticipated, if a low k's Motronic 1.3 motor comes up I might replace it with that instead with some wayney headers and a chip, but for now it goes and sounds good :D just going to do some maintence on it and hopefully extend its life a few more k's, it has done 310,000 after all, just run in lol.

top stuff mate. How much was all that paint?

So will i see you for rd1 in april?

That's the plan ;) Um it was a 500ml can for all that and I've basically used it all, and it was free from Dad, I think it is about $30 - $40 per can.

Cheers everyone for the comments, really just want to drive it now.

Mwhahahahahahahahahaha

Posted Image

Now powered by M20 Monster

Thought it was time to upgrade from the Red Bull Can to something more sinister.. :lol:

Love waiting for paint to dry and get occasional gems of inspiration falling from the sky.

Edited by Forrest

Guest Simon*

Just like Ken Block :lol:

Do a skid, jump or barrel roll to celebrate newfound powaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!11!

Posted Image

Just call me Ken now LOL.

In other news, carpet is dyed satin black will be going in tomorrow along with 95% of the rest of the interior. Woot.

Glad to see your keeping it now Nath! I want to see this thing on the track again!!

All in good time my friend. Might ask Studylink to buy me some wayney headers before the first round in April :D

Dyed carpet and boot liner in, need to to touch up a few spots but it looks pretty decent. Can start plugging and screwing things back in :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also made a custom mount for the AFM off the relay mount on the LHS off the engine bay, to which a air box is being made this weekend out of aluminium once I have got a hose extension for the air filter.

Posted Image

Those L brackets you seem to get are dominating that car in terms of supporting things lol.

Nice work :D

Looks very nice, always like your updates.

What carpet dye did you use?

Cheers man, um VHT Vinyl/Carpet Dye in Satin Black. Needed 3 cans......

Liking the tool box idea!!

What can I say, I am a genius :unsure:

Those L brackets you seem to get are dominating that car in terms of supporting things lol.

Nice work :D

Was a bulk buy lol. They work though :D

Edited by Forrest

Might ask Studylink to buy me some wayney headers before the first round in April :D

heh, funny you say that, I was considering studylink to fund a number of exhaust items for my vehicular as well.

Good to see you are soldiering on. It does crack me up though, you have given up / garaged this car at least 3 or 4 times now.. and its lasted a total of a few hours in storage haha. Top effort.

Common sence kicks in then the urge to fiddle with stuff over powers ya.

^ You do something in the garage on it and it works first time, and you think f**k me this car doesn't really want me to give up after all haha.

About that indecision lol....your not the first person to complain haha. At least I am passionate. Plan on fixing it and driving it this time, heard it here first. No more fixing till the motor breaks ^_^

.... maybe :P

Pretty decent update, making serious progress now, a few more hurdles to go and it will be back on the road/track where it deserves to be not broken in the garage. Doing a massive order of maintenance parts on Pelican Parts to revitalize the M20 in the next week or two then I can do a full fluid flush and it will be running sweet as a nut.

Interior pretty much done until the race seat and harness appear of course, a few things missing and some wiring to tidy on the rear seat back. Got the MSNZ fire extinguisher back mounted in. Also made a heavily modified underdash panel, way less awkward and doesn't catch on the clutch :wacko:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Plastic Battery Cover thanks to Stephen (skids) for sorting me out with this.

Posted Image

The re-appearance of a few things I originally had on the car then took off, including the ultra sweet baby blue rocker cover and the Red Bull ignition coil B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

A few misc. shots to see how the car stands at the moment (Got Rake?) Not long to go now ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Forrest

Love this photo.

Posted Image

All it needs is a boot lid and a color coded Tech 2 wing, which will come in a few weeks :D

^^ You heard correct. Certain aspects of these: http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....st&p=212808 have inspired me.

Oh and cheers for the comment RE: Wheels, on sunny day's like this they look outrageous sitting in the driveway with the large amount of rear camber my car runs.

Edited by Forrest

^ i agree tech 2 wing is puss in comparison to tech 1

What is everyones thoughts on flat center caps for the wheels? Have a guy who can get some made for me, but want to know if I can pull it off. Thoughts?

Edited by Forrest