Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Maddie - Road/Track E30

^ Cheers guys, really appreciate all the nice comments. I am uber stoked how it has turned out.

Bravo, I will get some pics in the next few days with the HID lights on, they look awesome :D

Also got some sick 'green crocodile lurking in the grass esque' photos to post up also.

Edited by Forrest

Nice work Nath, those tyres really look a lot bigger than they are huh? Maybe it is just the Nexens? Anyway looks vert tuff!! Any chance I can steal one of your pics for our website?

Nice man, looking tough as. bring on the e30 photoshot in 3 weeks!

Nice work Nath, those tyres really look a lot bigger than they are huh? Maybe it is just the Nexens? Anyway looks vert tuff!! Any chance I can steal one of your pics for our website?

Yeap feel free to steal a pic Johno, the tyres look far better and more proportioned in person, I think it is just my poor photography :wacko:

Edited by Forrest

Looks amazing Nathan. Has come a long way since you've had it, and must move a bit faster than that old maroon missile ;)

Great job.

^ double the power, double the torque, half the doors etc etc

Need I say more :P

I can't wait to bring it up to Auckland for a big BS meet in the future.Cheers Nick, I think I was reasonably restrained this time, a lot of things I could of done, but managed to talk myself out of :D

What are your new plans for it Nath? Noticed you're getting rid of some of your goodies (knob & steering wheel etc)

and looking for new ones.

Dean

^ Hey Dean, I am taking off some of the less 'OEM' modifications and replacing them with factory/factory looking parts, I am a big fan of stealth with subtle tweaks, I have wasted a bit of money on things I shouldn't have done but that is what spending money on cars is all about.

Plan on doing a little more to the suspension and at least trying it on the track before the motor rebuild in the summer. Is really loose and floaty in the rear end atm (might be that LSD :wacko: ) also have a clutch problem, fuel injector problem and electric window problem to fix along with the aforementioned tweaks. Will take some photos when all these things are done.

Certainly went well around Paekak Hill on Saturday when I saw you though :ph34r:

Had loose and floaty rear when I had rooted Bilsteins with Jamex's in it. Addition of LSD made it less loose. Are your shocks kosher?

^ They are brand new Koni Race Series Adjustiables, set on a comfortable soft setting for road driving. It might just be a placebo effect :unsure:

Edited by Forrest

Guest Simon*

I find the rear end really loose and floaty in the 540 too when the wheels are constantly spinning a lot faster than the relative forward velocity of the car :D perhaps you are experiencing the same "issue"?

^ Haha no, its not that kind of loose, just feels a bit wander'y??

Only other thing I could thing of was that the rear is a little higher than the front, maybe some lower springs is in order.

Only other thing I could thing of was that the rear is a little higher than the front, maybe some lower springs is in order.

yeah would look heaps better imo.

^ Stupid question to anyone reading this, cbf'd making a thread, I have no idea how low the current Eibach's are in the rear, how am I able to find a lower spring, is it more of a comparision of the length top to bottom? Or the actual spring rate. Noob as.

^ Stupid question to anyone reading this, cbf'd making a thread, I have no idea how low the current Eibach's are in the rear, how am I able to find a lower spring, is it more of a comparision of the length top to bottom? Or the actual spring rate. Noob as.

are they the eibachs you got from Dan when you bought the car?

^ Yeah I am pretty sure they are the same Eibachs, I just don't know what length they are, I want to say superlow, but they aren't that 'low'

They are 60mm front and 40mm rear, they sat exactly like that when I had the car too and the rear also felt a bit flimsy. I drove it when Dan had those custom bilsteins in with the same eibachs and the whole car felt quite rigid.

Edited by Togate

They could be superlows, I had new superlow kings put in mine, I swear they were almost the same height as standard, I spent another $300+ getting them compressed!

That's bad ass. Good to see it's been personalised without going overboard.

Brake callipers look awesome! haha

Okay so I thought I better add some progress.

Car is being prepped and tweaked for a track day on Saturday so I have decided to change a few things, who can blame me I get bored easily :P

Wanted to go back to a slightly more stealth OEM look, I think I took it a little too close to ricer :wacko: but thats what modifying cars does to you.

Don't have any photos as the car is in bits, but will put some up later in the week.

Additions:

22mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar

Clear indicators and Redded tails are removed for OEM orange :D

Alpina Replica Fibreglass Front Splitter

Improved Cold Air Intake

Sold HID headlights and originals to go back in

Sold Suede Wheel and Tech 1 Wheel back in its place

Sold Nismoesque Shifter and a OEM e30 one is in its place

Removed Cruise Control Module out of engine bay

Removed Headlight washer/adjusters out of engine bay

Interior south of the front seats is stripped :o

Fusion speakers are gone and just have OEM fronts now

15' Basketweaves will be wrapped in my Toyo R888's and used as my main wheels apart from a set of bottlecaps which will be for extended distance driving :P Borbets are to be sold

Front and Rear Upper Strut Braces are on order from AAP Imports

Pics will be up soon :)

That is basically it, starting to get a little more serious, but decided to still leave it subtle, a lot like a E46 M3 CSL (stripped, semi slicked and set up for track days, but still comfortable enough for daily driving). E30 325i CSL anyone ? :lol:

Edited by Forrest

Pretty sure it came out of a 325i convertible....so 14mm with nolathane mounts