Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Maddie - Road/Track E30

Whats the tyre size at the moment Nathan ?

I agree with the others, Borbets need a little stretch and a lower rear for sure. Weaves for me would look better with the Alpina kit too.

Cheers for the comments, all that have seen my car in person will know/have mentioned the rake/height of the car looks alot better than in my shitty photos. Would maybe like to get a lower rear spring if I were to do anything. The tyres are 205/55, I am slightly glad I got a higher profile tyre for the face it saved my ass when my mate spun my car into the gutter and didn't destroy the wheel :) but yes a lower profile would look a little better.

Blair (BRS) is coming for a ride in this tmoro night, he is the ultimate e30 styling connoisseur :ph34r: so he can vote on how good/bad it looks.

I am just glad they fit with the new front and I don't have to sell them.

And yes weaves do look better but since these wheels and tyres were free, I won't complain or bother spending anymore on them for the time being :)

Still gets sideways enough for me :ph34r: I love rain.

Edited by Forrest

Nath, Maddie is exceptionally badass. Has a great stance on the road.

Though I notice it has no towbar - how are you going to cart your bike(s) around?

Edit - not bikes. Saw that you did track in a thread somewhere, just remembered it was running not XC biking!

Edited by Em.

^ At the moment I ride everywhere I need to go :P

I need a E30 touring :rolleyes:

Yeah your right I run competitively, and do a little cycling as cross training (both road and mtb)

Thanks for the comment Em :)

Edited by Forrest

looks badass. Depending on how much the spoiler flexes on the track it may be a concern. Do you still have the sportmax's?

Nah Dan kept the sportmaxxes, just havn't been returned yet :P they are going on his brothers car IIRC.

The spoiler is mounted pretty solidly, and the r888's are a lower profile tyre and I didn't have any clearance issues at the last track day I went to.

Cheers mate.

I have about that clearance or less to my TechI front on my E30 due to the silly amounts of castor I run. Haven't had any issues.

Blair (BRS) is coming for a ride in this tmoro night, he is the ultimate e30 styling connoisseur :ph34r: so he can vote on how good/bad it looks.

Haha i wouldn't go saying that about myself! But cheers!

I know what i do and don't like... its your car.

Edited by _BRS_

Labour Weekend/E30 TLC/Study Procrastination:

- Brought a E32 7 Series Booster + Master Cylinder and Reservoir to improve my brakes - $30. Deal of the century? Will be installed after exams, then the reservoir moved when the m50 goes in :ph34r: I love pick a part.

- Fitted a E36 Washer Bottle as I took out the headlight washers and didn't need an extra bottle.

- Dyed Parcel Tray black + Dyed Front Carpeted Speaker Covers also.

- Started measuring up an improved air box.

- Started massaging my front guards again after an unfortunate driveway entry :(

- Tried to work out how to fit foglights also. PITA

Edited by Forrest

Watch that bigger master cylinder. From what I've read on the overseas forums you will get rear wheel lockup from the mismatched bias. Will confirm if I find it.

Would just have to get a metric one, to suit :D Then slam the brakes on in the wet and see the changes

sounds like a good upgrade, you will have to let me know how much it helps.

Take it up to the grass and gravel tracks next to harcourt weiry drive (next to the river in lower hutt) and do some skids on the gravel and grass you will soon get an idea of where your bias valve needs to be set.

^ Yup will let you know Oli. I really love your advice :D Hells yeah I am going to do skids. In the gravel :D

you should get some springs like mine for your borbets, i calculated it the other day, with my bottle caps on if i put the springs in the rails will be 70mm off the ground .....<_< but owell. it will look good with the wheels, you just need some streched tyres on your rims and lower it like that and it will look v.nice

how did you get on with dying the parcel tray? i am thinking of doing this myself. any streaks or anything?

I am semi tempted to compress the rear springs...the front is perfect height, any lower and the tyre will cut into the top of the guard. Just need to drop the rear a little, is about 15mm higher than the front.

I just used the Duplicolor Fabric/Vinyl stuff, about 4 light mist coats and it looks mint, was only $16 a can, like anything if you be patient it will look mint.

BTW Oli, I don't really want to go any lower, you remember my driveway...it bites. Also, the car is about 105mm at the chassis rails, any lower and I won't be able to get my jack under it!

Edited by Forrest

place in naenae will compress your springs, about $90 a pair, the place is called NZ springs,

They do it properly to so there are no heat spots or brittle parts in the spring, they also re temper them so they dont break

I need a E30 touring :rolleyes:

This is why tourings are great.. 2 bikes, all my gear, and my stuff for a weekend plus all the gear required to do a survey at my parents bach!

They are also great grocery carrying machines.

post-1699-1256541540.jpg

post-1699-1256541562.jpg

Edited by SIR E30

^ Oh Jase you really no how to tease me! :P

*no homo

Edited by Forrest

Watch that bigger master cylinder. From what I've read on the overseas forums you will get rear wheel lockup from the mismatched bias. Will confirm if I find it.

Mine locks up the front first.. just thought I'd put that out there.. and so does RyanG's and we both run the same setup

^ I guess I will just 'guinea pig it' off the road when I get it all installed. Thanks Mark

^ I guess I will just 'guinea pig it' off the road when I get it all installed. Thanks Mark

You are going to have to take the boost off again, if you install it with the m20 still, when you install the M50 because you will need to slot the holes in the firewall for it to fit..

^ True that. Didn't think about that. It is a pretty easy job I have had a bit of practice at it now :)

Hey Mark, is there any reason why I couldn't slot the holes now while I have it out? If I mounted it the correct way for when the m50 goes in? Or is it the kind of trial and error test fit job you need to do only when the motor is mounted in?

Edited by Forrest

Massive fail day today. About a month or so ago, Henry (Incary) came with me for a spin in my car and we managed to get a nail in one of the rear tyres in the outer edge of the tread, it didn't flatten, but it has a small leak and, after finally getting round to seeing if it can be fixed, was told that it's too close to the edge of the tyre so need to replace it :angry:

Might just sell the wheels + tyres and buy some of those weaves...hehe.

How close? I had a screw removed and repaired from mine yesterday and it was pretty much on the corner of the sidewall/thread, for a sharp price too(Thanks Henry)

^ I will get a pic up. I'm pretty annoyed, I went to Tony's, does anyone nationwide else do puncture repair?