Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Maddie - Road/Track E30

Update:

Made massive progress last night, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

- Front Clear Indicators fitted

Posted Image

- Suede Shifter Boot fitted

Posted Image

- Redded Needles (or should that be niddels ?? :wacko:) , I took the clear plastic cover off because I did order some chrome rings but they didn't turn up :( seller doesn't want to know about it, so have just reglued it, Irwin QuickGrips FTW

Posted Image

- Essentially new Control Arms and Nolathane Control Arm Offset Bushes fitted off the race car

Posted Image

- Tech1 Wing colorcoded and fitted

Posted Image

- Pic of completed rear end with bumper refitted with modified bumper mounts with tow bar removal

Posted Image

- Have ordered a new intake boot off Gavin, now am sorting a new fog light, high beam headlights, fit the E36 clear side indicators, and some clips for the light piece of the rear tails as I broke a couple <_< then it's on to refitting brakes, suspension and LSD along with some rust killing in the sunroof, rear arches and some misc tidying and then it will be done :)

Edited by Forrest

^ It has been 'persuaded' by the previous owner(s) to get the race exhaust to fit.

It has been cut shorter, so it is slightly higher than standard. Once the exhaust is fitted, obviously on the left hand side in the photo, it hides the curvature :rolleyes:

Man i like tech1 spoilers!! When you painted the needles do you actually take them out ? or did you just mask them in the cluster? also what are they like at night ?- if you have tried cheers

Andrew

^ Tech 1 wing = Best wing for E30's evar.

Um I took them off the gauges, they just slide off, to save cutting the clear plastic off, you can undo the gauges at the back of the cluster.

They still work good at night, easy enough to see, I had them on the race car.

Okay sweet did you just use red paint out of a can ? or did you use that illuminated stuff ?

^ I used Tamiya 'Italian Red' out of a spray can (I build remote control cars + models) when I am not playing with the real thing. Any hobby shop has it, otherwise any red paint would do.

^^ Cheers Chris, once I get the handbrake suede boot on as well it should look even better :)

Edited by Forrest

Coming along nicely dude.

What is the story with the holes in the front lip?

Rangi spec speed holes to help with aerodynamics?

I hear its all the rage on Hondas.

The holes are there because: I have broken 2 325i Oil cooler cut out PFL lips before this one, so I got sick of them being broken so I got a non cutout one and made my own style one for $7 from pick a part and a holesaw. Made some holes for brake cooling too :) Is just temporary till I have enough money for a Tech 1 Kit, and anyway like the rest of the car I like being original, why look the same as everyone elses car :P

- Tech1 Wing colorcoded and fitted

Man, thats the same colour of the tech1 wing I bought a couple of weeks ago. If Id been paying more attention we couldve done a swap !

Man, thats the same colour of the tech1 wing I bought a couple of weeks ago. If Id been paying more attention we couldve done a swap !

Dammit! Oh well I needed paint for my mirrors and eyebrows anyway :wacko:

Did you get that paint mixed for you ?

^ Yeap at a decent auto paint shop. Union Hardware here in Welly.

Edited by Forrest

Anyone know anywhere in auckland that mixes cans up?

Anyone know anywhere in auckland that mixes cans up?

Car Colours. Arrenway Dr in Albany iirc. They provided the Offensive Green that I smothered my cage in.

Really helpful and good advice.

As always looking good Nath - will be good to see this in the flesh properly this time!

The cars coming along nicely mate!....I see all these nicely done E30's and I get over my frustration with my E30, the suede gear boot and white knob look the bizzo!, I saw in a previous post somewhere the knob is a autotechnia? or something?, also where'd you get the gear boot?

As always looking good Nath - will be good to see this in the flesh properly this time!

Cheers Kerry, this time next week it should be on the road :)

The cars coming along nicely mate!....I see all these nicely done E30's and I get over my frustration with my E30, the suede gear boot and white knob look the bizzo!, I saw in a previous post somewhere the knob is a autotechnia? or something?, also where'd you get the gear boot?

Gearknob = Autotechnica, off trademe, user name littleredshack or jonvyautos had them.

Suede Boots, seller off ebay, based in the UK.