Sign in to follow this  
swordfish

Window Tints

Tint Magic quoted me $400 including gst for my ST220, Getting it done at the start of next month.

All 4 side windows and the back window, 35%

i used pro tint, he did a good job and cheaper than tint magic for me, however tint magic tinted our work windows.

i used pro tint, he did a good job and cheaper than tint magic for me, however tint magic tinted our work windows.

How much for the E30 Blair?

Can do a pre cut kit of any shade you want for $100 + freight.

+1 for Craig at ProTint, he is a really good guy, fast and very good at doing tints.

He used to work at TintMagic until Paul sold it, then some issues arose and Craig went out and started ProTint.

Can do a pre cut kit of any shade you want for $100 + freight.

A person on trademe is about $80+ Freight but they dont do E30 4door precuts...can you do 4dr E30's? I might be keen.

My 2c.

Have had several tint jobs done by Tinta-Car in Manukau and the standard was fantastic, was closer to $500 but well worth it. A mate had his Commodore done there ten years ago and the tints still look as good as new.

Missus said she would have my wagon tinted for Christmas a few years back and took it to Tintz in Manukau instead of Tinta-Car as she couldn’t find the place, what a mistake, the job was akin of a home job, bubbles and dirt mark between the tint and the glass, we went back and they re did it but it was still crap so we gave up.. so then a few months later we went for a WOF and failed because they were to dark, the G’s that run the show (if it’s still running) couldn’t have cared less. -10 wouldn’t trade again.

About jan this year got my primera done at tint a car - midnight express 35% did a good job and was about 295$ but think that was on special. Thinking about getting my bmw coupe done now just wondering whether 35% midnight express tints or reflective mirror tints would suit it

midnight express definatly.

Also incase no one knew, elite tints film is the same material as tint a cars midnight express, theyre just not allowed to sell it as being "midnight express" due to tint a car having the rights of the name or something. And Elite tint are cheaper and don't complain if you want to go slightly illegal (for the good of coarse)

OMG. Midnight Express is JUST a 35 tint. There is NOTHING special about it. It is purely marketing, that works very well too! But nothing but marketing none the less. Don't spend the extra money on it, just get regular 35's.

Or get 20's

Edited by Pjay

How much for the E30 Blair?

il dig the receipt out tonight and let you know. Edited by _BRS_

My e30 cost $290 profesionally done, They did a good job , but not perfect but i gues i only notice it as i always pick the bad points on my car, not the good ones.

Mine cost $370

Craig done a pretty much perfect job, No faults at all.

220$ at TINTS in manukau. (without the guarantee they offer) Still on the car now almost 6 years later no peeling or bubbles at all.

My wagon was $274 at Tint-Tech on lake road. They did a 9/10 job that left me pretty damn satisfied! Nice and dark too. only bummer is that I have put a nice scratch on the back window in the tint from having my bike in the boot!

I just DIY. Buy cheap crap off trademe, take door trims off, wind window down a tad, get tint the top, then put back up, get tint right down into the door, then trim the edges - next window. Takes about 1hr max doing all 4...never done the rear, cant be f'ed. Have done it 3times cos each time a few weeks later it start peeling..I dont care, gave me something to do. No tints atm as I am going to try remove the windows completely & use some good expensive tint (last few times the tints were $8 p/roll hahah yeap cheap). Always fun doing it yourself. Even if it does look crap who cares...

But this time I will be taking my time so it comes out mint...

Edited by Shady

^^ Don't do that. I think everyone has said this before, spend the time you would spend doing it at work and get paid some overtime. Then pay someone to do it for you and never worry about it again.

Its only tints man. Not going effect the way my car handles. No big deal. Whos to say, if I take my time going it, its going to be any worst than a "pro"?

I drove a car with really crap tints, It's very distracting.

Its only tints man. Not going effect the way my car handles. No big deal. Whos to say, if I take my time going it, its going to be any worst than a "pro"?

They look terrible. I don't care what you say, they WILL look sh*t. Especially that cheap stuff.

And if you can do a whole car in less than an hour minus the back window I will eat my Turban.

my gf and I always have a good laugh at bad tint jobs

it's usually Toyota Hiaces lol

if you don't care what your car looks like, then yea just quickly chuck on cheap tints

if you care what your car looks like, but have a tight budget, then buy tints and take your time carefully putting them on (maybe even take the time to remove the glass and do it that way)

if you care what your car looks like, and have a bit of spare cash, then pay someone to do it

Nothing looks worse than bubbling tints. I took the glass out to do mine, and it took me hours to do just two doors, but they are close to perfect.

They look terrible. I don't care what you say, they WILL look sh*t. Especially that cheap stuff.

And if you can do a whole car in less than an hour minus the back window I will eat my Turban.

That was me rushing it taking an hour. And no it didnt look mint...

I wont be buying cheap tint this time I will be going for more expensive stuff. And also stated, I will be removing the windows when the time comes. So wont take me an hour, probably look at a whole weekend to do it:- remove windows; thoroughly clean; tint; let dry; reinstall....

Tint Magic in porirua did my legacy for $300. 35% all round. Had to take the car back as the tint on the left rear passenger window lifted, but apart from that, mint job.

Have never had an issue with WOF's, even at VTNZ as it has the 35% certified stickers.

Will be using them again for the 540i

Indecorous....so can you make precuts for E30 4dr?