Sign in to follow this  
Shady

Sandblasting Wheels - Prices

Just got a quote to Sandblast my 17s. $30 + GST per wheel.

Does that sound about right? Or does anybody know anyone who could do cheap (Waikato Only Please) or do you or your work do this? Keen a under the table deal? Just looking for options.

Sanding and Paint Stripping it myself is just too much of a mish. Would prefer to sandblast them.

Just offer him $100 cash :ph34r:

That fair I would say.

Sand blasting aluminium?!?

Well its faster than paint stripper & sanding. And I want it to be bare metal so I can then softly sandout the scratches & then repaint them Black. Would rather spend my time prepping them rather than removing the old paint. I've heard of heaps of people sandblasting alloys.

Just offer him $100 cash :ph34r:

That fair I would say.

Hmmm yeah why not. Will email him again, see what he says. May be ask if he'd do an a/h job behind closed doors - even cheaper maybe :)

just be careful that they don't use sand thats neen used over and over again on mind steel, as the carbon it takes off the steel can contaminate you aluminium!! thats why i refuse to use our blaster at work on my stainless jobs

See if you can get them acid dipped?

I was thinking that...but who in Hamilton does it? And surely it would cost alot more?

Acid dipping at Machine Part Welding in Penrose, Auckland is $25 per wheel. It is a much better way to go. Go to some engineering places around the tron. If they don't do it they will direct you to someone that can.

Sweet, will have a look in the phone book, see what there is. But if someone knows of a place in Waikato that does acid dipping for a good price let me know.

Diodnt have any luck. Can find much in the way of acid dipping? Found a few sandblasters, but I think I'd prefer acid dip as I know they will be completely stripped clean.

Does ANYBODY know of any where in Hamilton that would be keen to do a deal for 4 wheels?

I was thinking that...but who in Hamilton does it? And surely it would cost alot more?

Wouldn't know, Haven't actually been to hamilton in a loooong time...

However, I can tell you nowhere in Dunedin does it.

So thats Dunedin crossed off my list :D

Bump.

Anybody know of any places in Hamilton that would acid dip a set of wheels - maybe for a cashy or a box of (insert brand here) etc? Phone book was no help at all...

Really wanting to get my 14s stripped clean (paint stripper sux on these rims) so I can then paint them black with a polished lip. Have got my 17s on at the moment, so am hoping to get the 14s done ready for next year.

Really Malcolm... who in business these days, running a business, would do a professional job for a box of beers ?

No offence intended... One day Reality will be the new Google

I did say "maybe" - considering its nearing Xmas, someone might keen to go in on a Sat/Sun day and do a cashy or whatnot. Always worth a try (i know of a lot of people in different forms of trade who do cashy jobs or box of this/that for a quick job etc - in THEIR own time etc). So never know.

chris00 - I tried the phonebook (white & yellow), nothing.

Edited by Shady