Sign in to follow this  
laadeelaa

Weird Driving Habits?

Was driving along today, and realised when I concentrate really hard on driving, my mouth interfers, like i'll make circular movements occasionally when i go around corners. Or when I see a pothole and it's too late to avoid it i clench my teeth together.

Anyone have anything similar, to discourage a feeling of loneliness and feeling like a tool?

P.s I'm not taking the piss.

I lean into the corner quite excessively while going around sharp corners.

Edited by AJ-E30

Whenever I crack the sump on a speedbump (Unitec - Mt Albert arrghh <_< ) I always say "F*ck me" out loud. Its quite interesting when passengers are in the car, also when the windows down. Its a different, you could say, conversation starter.

I talk to my Radar Detector. it only tells me about K and Ka band though, it's a bit boring. It said Caution once.

Other than that, I drive pretty slowly, Most people get frustrated that I just do the speed limit constantly :P

I like to time my runs up to traffic lights so I'm rolling when I know they will go green, then laugh and feel like an absolute legend as ditsy in her accord euro stopped when she didn't have to.

Once I f**ked it up...

Posted Image

Whenever I crack the sump on a speedbump (Unitec - Mt Albert arrghh <_< ) I always say "F*ck me" out loud. Its quite interesting when passengers are in the car, also when the windows down. Its a different, you could say, conversation starter.

+1...

Are you talking about the one when you go in entrance 1 or the 1st bump at entrance 4? They both piss me off! haha

Edit: to stay on topic... I bite my right hand thumb nail when I get stuck behind a slow driver and can't pass...

Edited by ///MICHAEL

I like to time my runs up to traffic lights so I'm rolling when I know they will go green, then laugh and feel like an absolute legend as ditsy in her accord euro stopped when she didn't have to.

Once I f**ked it up...

Don't worry bro, that'll buff right out.

I always have to have my flat brimmed cap sideways, and 15 inches of forearm on the 'sil!

Guest FrantiC

I do the clenching of the teeth haha!

probably a more common thing with people driving low cars, cos the car thumps and bangs..

I also curse frequently when I stall. Gotta love lightweight flywheels and a HD 6puk clutch <_<

Oh, I allways put one finger over a horn button at any given time... just in case some moron decides to tempt fate.

Whenever I crack the sump on a speedbump (Unitec - Mt Albert arrghh <_< )

the first one coming into entry 4??? i HATE that with a passion lol

i drive around with a worried face most of the time... i dont like the noises my car makes (you would think i would be used to them by now lol)

Edited by wolliver

Left hand always rests on the Handbrake. Is just habit from my earlier years of driving 180sx's.

Always lean slightly to the center of the car due to driving a car with broken seat on that angle for many years.

Talk to myself constantly when driving the race car to and from the racetrack. To keep myself sane from the constant noise.

Guest FrantiC

I lol @ guys who drive around with the "big arm". When they have their right arm in the 12 o'clock position, which makes them lean in their chairs and their arm sticks up. Tough guy as. Especially when they drive past you, look at you and 'engage the 12 o'clock "i have big arms" ' position.

I make up songs and sing them to myself - but only when in the car by myself.

Yesterday I was driving to San Francisco and couldn't find a decent radio station, and to fight the boredom of the freeway I was singing "San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair) by the Mamas and the Papas" but I changed all the lyrics (what few I actually knew).

I think my version started:

"If your driving to San Francicso, be sure to wear some nice clean underwear" or something equally pathetic

I also turn down the stereo when trying to find an address I have never been too, I don't know why, the stereo is volume is completely unrelated to spotting the address/building I am trying to find!

Cheers

Grant

Driving into old women in Toyota Corolla's. My mate did the same thing a couple weeks later.

Posted Image

Edited by Forrest

I also turn down the stereo when trying to find an address I have never been too, I don't know why, the stereo is volume is completely unrelated to spotting the address/building I am trying to find!

I agree with that. I do that ALL the time. And have never known why, and dont know why I started doing that. :mellow:

I also sit in the drivers seat with a little lean to the passenger side...cos the seats are old & farged, its not me. Its annoying.

I always drive with one hand (my right hand) on the wheel.

Driving into old woman in Toyota Corolla's. My mate did the same thing a couple weeks later.

Posted Image

How fast Forrest!?

I rearended an E36 about 1 week after I got my E30. Hit it square on at 50ks, didnt even hit the brakes (day dreaming while out rolling at night). Slammed them right up it. They hoped out (middle of the damn road) and NO damage to either car...I was freaking out. They said all good & took off so I took off, stopped down the road & well there was no damage to me either. Bloody BMWs.

Sunstrike, 50kph straight into the back barely had time to brake.

I also do the turn the radio down thing.

WTF? Same as I did this E36 and I had no damage...was the Corolla boot higher than your bumper I assume. Gutted :(

Edited by Shady

I turn the radio down for every speed bump, and every traffic light or if im looking for somewhere i havn't been before,

It really pisses everyone else in the car off

I also clench my teeth for potholes that i can't avoid and usualy lift myself off the seat a bit at the same time

yeah do the radio thing aswell. and just yell profanities when i hit a pot hole that i couldent have missed!!

With my standard 14s on I dont care about potholes I just hit 'em unless they are massive ones I will then avoid them.

I also have a habit of, as soon as I hop in my car, I gotta roll me a Ciggy for when I'm driving. Thats more a smokers habit, but everytime I hop in I gotta roll one & smoke it...

was the Corolla boot higher than your bumper I assume.

I just noticed this makes no sense :lol:

of course the boot is higher than your bumper.

I dont know how to reword that. Just ignore it... :unsure: