Sign in to follow this  
Apex

330CD Clubsport Manual.

And now for something completely different.

Here’s an oddball model that you don’t see every day, these are one hell of a car, you would trade off the nice sounding and revving 3.0 petrol for a torque monster diesel that when tuned would eat a 330i and be a lot more drivable, superchips can boost these upto 187kw and 505nm!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-241626145.htm

Im not a big fan of diesel cars but after driving a few can see the merits of its lazy noisy power.

Very nice, 6 speed manual too. It wouldn't be slow and lazy either. :rolleyes:

I meant lazy power, as in a big tidal wave dollop of torque instead of a high rev delivery.

Watch how this thing just lazed its way up in speed, no drama.

They would tow quite well.

Edited by Apex

Nice car, no doubt about it.

But for that money wouldn't you rather have an M3? There is one for that money, seems fairly average condition though.

If you could buy a 2003 NZ new M3 for that with a FSH id rather the M3 but the only M3 near that money will be a Asian immigrant with an unknown history, the M in M3 stands for Money, if you can’t afford a good NZ new model you can’t afford an M3. This thing would cost about one quarter to maintain and run.

Definately on the same page as you Simon. same price and so much more car.

X3.

The 330cd is cool though and would suit someone looking at a sporty economical rare vehicle.

Only thing I'm not down with is the spoiler - looks a little gay to me. Oh, and the price....

Wasn't there someone on here looking for a 330 diesel manual??

Only thing I'm not down with is the spoiler - looks a little gay to me. Oh, and the price....

Wasn't there someone on here looking for a 330 diesel manual??

Yep, but I have a feeling they were wanting a touring, because they wanted to import one from the UK.

Simon wins. Cool diesel but... yeahnah.

Didn’t think this was a competition, was just showing a car that is quite rare and IMO cool, in sixth gear from 2,000rpm it would kill N/A M-Cars.

The truth is most us couldn’t afford either.. most of us couldnt afford a service on the M5! Isn’t it funny how we all question the price though :rolleyes:

Didn’t think this was a competition, was just showing a car that is quite rare and IMO cool, in sixth gear from 2,000rpm it would kill N/A M-Cars.

The truth is most us couldn’t afford either.. most of us couldnt afford a service on the M5! Isn’t it funny how we all question the price though :rolleyes:

all true..however powerful the s 62 is they are still torque monsters....they are called BEASTS for a reason