Sign in to follow this  
Docile

hmm no wonder

isnt this supposed to be clearish? LOL no wonder my car was running like a slug with asthma, shaking like it saw a horror movie, and drinking gas like it ran a marathon...

lol looks like oil after an oil change

<_<

Posted Image

Is that just the build up in the filter, or is the fuel in the tank that colour as well??

Be a big job to drop the tank and clean it all out if its all like that

That looks like BP 91 0ctane out of a pump in Ekatahuna

I never buy 91 in Eketahuna, I only buy our 95 [it's thicker and tastes like treacle mmmm]

Alot of that black sh*t is not dirt, it's carbon thats in the air we breath. Its absorbed into the fuel and gets filtered out by the fuel filter over time. You wouldn't believe the number of 1990-2000 vehicles that come into the workshop with original fuel filters still in them.

I never buy 91 in Eketahuna, I only buy our 95 [it's thicker and tastes like treacle mmmm]

I laughed.

This thread inspires antil33t to go find his fuel filter and change it.

LOl i was like.. wtf ... someone put oil in my fuel tank !!!

i tipped the filter and black crap was coming out... i wasn't expecting it to be THAT dirty...

oh yeah the black sh*t you can see is moving around in the liquid / fuel.. some are solid some are like a haze... when you leave it you can see the black crap piling up down the bottom... but the fuel is still dirty on top.

oh yeah that is 2 or 3 years worth... i keep forgeting about it :/ supposed to change every 2 oil change isnt it??

Edited by Docile

Alot of that black sh*t is not dirt, it's carbon thats in the air we breath. Its absorbed into the fuel and gets filtered out by the fuel filter over time. You wouldn't believe the number of 1990-2000 vehicles that come into the workshop with original fuel filters still in them.

So thats what our lungs look like over a few years. No wonder non-smokers get cancer...!

Must think about doing mine now...she may run alot smoother. Was always going to get a new filter but just kept forgetting - on the definitely to do list now for sure. Im sure everything on my 318 is from factory & never been fully serviced :(

oh yeah

engine shaking kinda went away.. but i suspect injectors are foul coz of it. need to clean it... so prob if i clean that would be much smoother run.

a much smoother run and still testing economy gain.. but have noticed not stepping on gas as much as i used to.. especially gassing into motorway

Edited by Docile

This thread inspires antil33t to go find his fuel filter and change it.

bloody hell... [makes mental note to change filters ASAFP]