Sign in to follow this  
jjs

BATHURST 1000

Looks like Murphy's long standing lap record is going to get smashed, watch a times this year and compare them to last, these all new Supercars are bloody quick!

not quite bit wet today

hell of a kick in the side for murphy though getting his time disqualified

I hope people are watching!

I'm not playing the drinking game, my usual Bathurst watching buddy is out of town. and I have a staff party at the bar tonight. Drinking to excess.

Good race so far!

I'm watching! The wet is making it interesting :P

Last 5 laps were pretty sweet.

I really liked how the number 9 car got vteched in qualifying.

sh*t this starts up every year. You watch the V8's for how close the racing is. The action, the banter between drivers and teams and especially the crowd. Who gives a sh*t if the GTR's, M3's, Sierras were faster. I have no interest in watching a one horse race! There is plenty of other races out there that still have these sort of cars. And they are dead boring.

I will never own a Holden or a Ford. But I still enjoy the race series. If this was Big BMW's and Mercs nobody could afford to race and the crowd will be fill of dull businessmen.

look up a series called superstars...based on 5l v8 4 door sedans lots of e 39 m5s e60 545s and audis and jags.I think its an italian series

What an awesome finish to the race yesterday! Murphey missed out on a podium finish by 0.0042 seconds.. He deserved to win it, he was amazing all day. But a wee bit of racing bad luck hit him hard during one of the safety cars - missed the pit entrance by a few seconds as the yellow flags out, negating precious refueling which ultimately lost him the win.

Loved the weather too. Rain, Sun, rain, sun, rain, sun < exactly.

TV3 CAN (EXPLETIVE VERB) MY (EXPLETIVE NOUN) WITH ALL ITS FACKING ADS ABSOLUTE BS EVEN PUTTING ADS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INTERRUPTING NEWS WAS JUST TAKING THE PISS

might have to go next year so i dont have to put up with hundreds of ad breaks

/end rant

Edited by jason H

yea it was shocking eh

more ads than actual racing

That was a real piss off, safety car FTL.

Was watching some old video’s of my favourite two years 1991 and 1992 and they just lft all the cars on the side of the road if they were in a not so bad place, was way cooler when they were relaxed.

Also noted the GTR’s fastest laps were 2.14’s, the new cars are in the 2.07’s in the damp.

Edited by Apex

I still remember the Lusty Brothers parking their Commodore in the bank on the same corner every single year (the esses if I remember correctly) - and they used to leave it there until end of raceday.