Sign in to follow this  
jjs

BATHURST 1000

The “V8 Supercar†is a different formula to “Group A†The demise of the Group A formula worldwide killed the way it was not the Australians. There is always someone bitching on about the Group-A error, it’s been 15 odd years, get over it peoples, the modern V8 Supercars are just that supercars, they are a lot faster than the Group A cars and have a fair formula plus they generate a lot more money for teams and sponsors which is what it is about.

If you want to see near production cars go around look for coverage of the Bathurst 24hour Production race.

If you want to see Euro’s and Japers watch the WTCC, the BTCC, JTCC and DTM.

The problem is the average Aussie male likes tractors, sh*t beer, Holdens, Fords, Pies & fat chicks. Try and teach technoligy to a person like this ??

Yes I will wait for the flames

Did you watch that youtube link I posted? Jim mentions them!!

Just watched it, that's funny as f**k. Mate printed 'bout 50 of them so i guess some of them made there way back the next year LMFAO

Guest Simon*

Speaking of Bathurst - out my office I can see the loading bay at Noel Leemings, they've been pumping out big screen tellies all day :D Everyone's planning a sunday in front of the race by the looks

The “V8 Supercar†is a different formula to “Group A†The demise of the Group A formula worldwide killed the way it was not the Australians. There is always someone bitching on about the Group-A error, it’s been 15 odd years, get over it peoples, the modern V8 Supercars are just that supercars, they are a lot faster than the Group A cars and have a fair formula plus they generate a lot more money for teams and sponsors which is what it is about.

If you want to see near production cars go around look for coverage of the Bathurst 24hour Production race.

If you want to see Euro’s and Japers watch the WTCC, the BTCC, JTCC and DTM.

I hardly think they are Supercars... What does that make a DTM car?

I remember reading an interview that Scott Dixon had after driving a "Supercar" when he won the Formula Holden series

It went something like...

"Its a piece of sh*t! It dosnt stop go or go around corners!

sh*t this starts up every year. You watch the V8's for how close the racing is. The action, the banter between drivers and teams and especially the crowd. Who gives a sh*t if the GTR's, M3's, Sierras were faster. I have no interest in watching a one horse race! There is plenty of other races out there that still have these sort of cars. And they are dead boring.

I will never own a Holden or a Ford. But I still enjoy the race series. If this was Big BMW's and Mercs nobody could afford to race and the crowd will be fill of dull businessmen.

nobody could afford to race and the crowd will be fill of dull businessmen.

Sounds like the E30 series Dan

Having been fortunate enough to meet the Stone brothers and have a look at their cars and equipment I learnt these cars are far from prehistoric, they showed us their computer systems and how the car is actually constructed.

Have a look at the length of them next time you are at a race, also have a look at where the seat is mounted and what the interior actually consists of, the cars don’t even have floors for example they are about 5% of what a road going model is.

Oh and Glenn, I would lol at you trying to work on their cars, they are engineered from scratch, the stupidly complex computer systems alone costs a cool half a mill, and they are constantly upgrading

Oh and Glenn, I would lol at you trying to work on their cars, they are engineered from scratch, the stupidly complex computer systems alone costs a cool half a mill, and they are constantly upgrading

Lol away Graham.. I was involved with B&H and Kent Baijents Schnitzer 635 a few years ago. The technoligy doesn't really change that much. You do need a brain though. An E90 is more complicated than a Holden or Falcon irrespective of how much they spend.. How much does BMW AG spend on one production model ??

Not at the TAB your not.

Bets closed before the first practice time which was yesterday afternoon.

My 3 bets ($10 on each) are:

$6.50 C51-Murphy/Skaife-H

$50.00 C8-J.Richards/McConvil-H

$80.00 C9-S.VanGisber/A.Davis-F

OH faark!!

Richo and McConville for the win then. I always manage to pick the winner if I don't put a bet on.

Having been fortunate enough to meet the Stone brothers and have a look at their cars and equipment I learnt these cars are far from prehistoric, they showed us their computer systems and how the car is actually constructed.

Those 16 valve push rod v8s are pretty prehistoric.

Things have changed immensely Glenn, these cars are developed from scratch and are worked on by a massive team of some of the top engineers from around the world, im sure they don’t know as much as you and most likely can’t fix some system on a road car though. I encourage anyone to go and have a look at how the current cars are, before having a look at the way these teams operate and how much development go into these cars I was ignorant and made the old prehistoric comments too.

Maybe it’s the Australian accent that has us all followed into thinking they are stupid.

Those 16 valve push rod v8s are pretty prehistoric.

600hp is 600hp.

I was hoping that one of the 5 trillion cable channels I have would have Bathurst on it, but it seems I am out of luck this year.

Cheers

Grant

I was hoping that one of the 5 trillion cable channels I have would have Bathurst on it, but it seems I am out of luck this year.

Cheers

Grant

Doesn't Speedvision still run it over there Grant?

Doesn't Speedvision still run it over there Grant?

No - it is too busy showing reruns of Pimp My Ride, and Pinks 24 hours a day.

Cheers

Grant

I'm with ya Graham.

Who gives a sh*t, the racing is close and the action is on. At the end of the day they are the only important things in any race catagory.

It’s always the same people who poo poo them, they never actually go to a race and see, hear, feel and smell the awesomeness, I have been going to see them locally and abroad for 20 years and have seen how it has changed, I remember the Turbo error and can assure you they have nothing on the current cars.

A good example of this was seeing the Sierra Cosworth and other old cars at this year’s Melbourne GP, the contrast between the old timers and the modern V8’s was staggering, they looks so slow, but then the F1 cars made the V8’s look like they were going backwards.

Racings Racing

No - it is too busy showing reruns of Pimp My Ride, and Pinks 24 hours a day.

Cheers

Grant

Grant, try Bigpond tv, go to V8 tv on the site and you should be able to watch the whole thing live.

I'm with ya Graham.

Who gives a sh*t, the racing is close and the action is on. At the end of the day they are the only important things in any race catagory.

exactly

it's car racing ... who cares if it's just Holden and Ford ... it's car racing!!!

Hm. Im just going to gt drunk and waite for big smash ups, fire and burnouts.

good plan for tonight then you can recover tommorow and watch bathrust on sunday

Big screen,surround sound,pool table,bbq,all my mates,shitloads of beer,bourbon & d---.

All in a workshop with some nice drift machinery.

And this year we're going to try & watch the race.

Grant, try Bigpond tv, go to V8 tv on the site and you should be able to watch the whole thing live.

FreeviewHD FTW !

Assuming its on TV3 as usual :unsure:

I'm just concerned that they have limited spectators to 1 slab of beer per day. :o

For gods sake man, how are they supposed to put the burning HQ Holdens out with that puny amount of piss??

Looks like Murphy's long standing lap record is going to get smashed, watch a times this year and compare them to last, these all new Supercars are bloody quick!