Sign in to follow this  
Shady

Whats this thing?

What is this small thing you can see in the photo? Looks like some kind of vent?

Just need to get it off my head :lol: have always wondered and its driving me nuts.

post-4588-1257553321.jpg

intake for inside cabin air temp sensor to control the cabin temperture .

there is a small vacuum hose coming off the engine that sucks air in through that sensor

I like James' explanation better:

"Hello, CIA? Yes, I am following the suspect in my E30. Enable sunroof mounted missiles in 3,2, ...."

Cheers Brent, kinda explains it now. Technical crap :lol:

Guest FrantiC

I like James' explanation better:

"Hello, CIA? Yes, I am following the suspect in my E30. Enable sunroof mounted missiles in 3,2, ...."

Hahaha

i always hoped that one day my car would talk to me through it. like if you got too fast through the lyttleton tunnel and that loud voice comes over the speakers and tells you too slow down.

Hell yeah B)

anyone know what the botton on the left of the fog hazzard lights and rear window demister buttons?

sorry to hijack

Guest FrantiC

What's it look like ?

They can be moved etc so kinda hard to tell if we can't see what button ?

Guest FrantiC

Button on the left is for your power windows, disables the windows.

Far right toggles left right speaker variance?

makes sense for the speaker one... i spose i would have figured that out if i had of used the original wires

Not thread jacking bro, my Q got answered.

Button on the left is for your power windows, disables the windows.

Far right toggles left right speaker variance?

My window lock buttons are on the surround of my gear selector...what model E30 has them on the dash? And same with the speaker leveler, what model has those? I have 2x blanks next to the demister & hazards...boring assed 318i nothing flash whatsoever :(

Edited by Shady

Guest FrantiC

My window lock buttons are on the surround of my gear selector...what model E30 has them on the dash? And same with the speaker leveler, what model has those? I have 2x blanks next to the demister & hazards...boring assed 318i nothing flash whatsoever :(

It's like that on coupes. They just have 2 cut outs for a window switch either side on the center console, nothing else. 4 doors have 6 cut outs, all 4 windows, a 'rear window lock' button and 'lock all windows' button.

My e30 also has 2 blanks there too.. Not really much you can put in there anyways, volume fader, hazard lights, rear demister, who knows what else.. I used to have a switch fitted to a blanking cover for my headunit up where those buttons are once upon a time though..

I'd like to put one of them speaker levelers or whatever it is...of course wired up..are they common to find or pretty rare? And the other blank could be custom.. put a hole in it, put one of them small switches thru it and use it for the amp cut off or something.

I might do that now.

Edited by Shady

Guest FrantiC

Meh it's a waste of time IMO.. You can set left/right with your headunit anyways. And amps are headunit controlled too.

My window lock buttons are on the surround of my gear selector...what model E30 has them on the dash?

My E30 has both.

I'd like to put one of them speaker levelers or whatever it is...of course wired up..are they common to find or pretty rare?

Your E30 doesn't have one? Both of mine have had them. As FrantiC said, waste of time adding one.

i always hoped that one day my car would talk to me through it. like if you got too fast through the lyttleton tunnel and that loud voice comes over the speakers and tells you too slow down.

Does this actually happen?

^ Hahah...wtf? For real? ^

And what happened to FrantiC?

And amps are headunit controlled too.

Cant turn my amp off with the heady. Have to turn the sub right down -0 (ATT) before it stops which is a pain while driving..rather just a flick of a switch.

Edited by Shady

Cant turn my amp off with the heady. Have to turn the sub right down -0 (ATT) before it stops which is a pain while driving..rather just a flick of a switch.

Could just put a switch in there then..

In what? I am now planning on putting a switch in one of those blanks. Cant put a switch in the heady.

Edited by Shady

And what happened to FrantiC?

He self destructed. All that's left is a pile of ashes and a burn mark on the carpet. Edited by Grant