Sign in to follow this  
sweetm3

Hampton Downs Tomorrow

Hi Guys, anyone else going out to Hampton Downs tomorrow with Playday?

I have had my BBS 17 X 8 rims, shod with 235 R888's, these have been sitting in my garage

for a couple of months so I have been hanging out for a chance to use them.

I had the rims power coated black and they look great on the car.

[e] Ive removed the photo but please feel free to resize it and repost it.

Sorry :unsure:

post-2197-1258060798.jpg

Edited by sweetm3

Hi Guys, anyone else going out to Hampton Downs tomorrow with Playday?

I have had my BBS 17 X 8 rims, shod with 235 R888's, these have been sitting in my garage

for a couple of months so I have been hanging out for a chance to use them.

I had the rims power coated black and they look great on the car.

is that this monday

whats the cost ??

cheers brent

Make sure your running a bottom end full of oil. Some of the hampton sweepers are fast murder on dropped oil pressure.

I was all booked in for tomorrow, but have canceled.

Brent, that Playday on track sold out over 2 months ago. (it was $150 for the day)

im going yay paid up months ago

you will notice me mine is the shitty looking honda that cruises past you under brakes and through the corners lol

maybe not if your on r888's

ive got my new dunlop djo1 tyres been sitting waiting

go to playdayontrack.co.nz 16 november is still open

i might go to that too

also you will notice my number plate is AFRICA 10 points to anyone who can figure out what that stands for

A

F

R

I

C

A

each a separate word

i really should go to bed now

im going yay paid up months ago

you will notice me mine is the shitty looking honda that cruises past you under brakes and through the corners lol

maybe not if your on r888's

ive got my new dunlop djo1 tyres been sitting waiting

go to playdayontrack.co.nz 16 november is still open

i might go to that too

also you will notice my number plate is AFRICA 10 points to anyone who can figure out what that stands for

A

F

R

I

C

A

each a separate word

i really should go to bed now

LMAO that's old mate, it means.

Another

f**king

Race

I

Can't

Afford.

Firstly, Blue M3 looks f**king awesome, ten points and a pat on the back. Do want. Firefly look to have some cool lampshades, also, parking: your doing it wrong.

Secondly, Brent, if you can get a spot on the 166th that would be awesome, im gpoing and a few of the ES boys will be there in our poxy hatchbacks.

Thirdly, my guess is Another f**king Ricer.

Few spots spare on the 16th if anyone is keen. Call Clive on 021-97-50-35 and he will give you the details, should be quite a good day out on the wicked new track, couple of nice Ferrari’s are going along to.

or you can go this Saturday and pay $500.........you get an official certificate and numbers will be low

What does the Certificate say, congratulations you are a muppet, don’t pass go :D

Hi Guys just got back as you would expected I had a lot of fun, some damp laps but mostly dry.

Really pushed the 888's through the sweeper at the end of the front straight................

and every where else for that matter what a difference compared to my road rubber (on the track of course)

Had the drivers side in the dirt once off the hair pin and was told that my front left was air borne

over corner 3.

For those interested they had 3 Orange E36 race cars out there that you could hired for $40.00

for 4 laps plus a warm down lap. Great value.

Hi Guys just got back as you would expected I had a lot of fun, some damp laps but mostly dry.

Really pushed the 888's through the sweeper at the end of the front straight................

and every where else for that matter what a difference compared to my road rubber (on the track of course)

Had the drivers side in the dirt once off the hair pin and was told that my front left was air borne

over corner 3.

For those interested they had 3 Orange E36 race cars out there that you could hired for $40.00

good work , sounds like fun

one of those orange e36 325i's used to be mine

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

over corner 3.

just got home too

absolutly amazing day

was interesting having a few showers throughout the day it allowed me to really get a feel for how the track changes

my favorite part was around lunch time when all within ten mins a tvr arrived went into the gravel backwards at speed then left

was awesomely different from any other track in nz with the rises falls and lots of blind apexs

i managed to boil my brake fluid within 4 laps and its never done that at taupo even in 10 laps races

my best time of the day (surprisingly in the damp) was a 1:24.46

sweet m3 from the three races where i timed you the best was 1.26.29 so you werent far behind the honda lol

will deff go again how soon is the only question (would go on 16th but my sister would kill me if i blew off her 21st

how bad g-force wise are the sweepers?

just thinking about the known oil surge problems with my engine and the track...

how bad g-force wise are the sweepers?

just thinking about the known oil surge problems with my engine and the track...

it wasnt to bad i definantly noticed around the big rght hand sweeper that i was leaning alot against the seat

i did also get really bad fuel surge in that sweeper an the first corner under brakes (fuel pick up is at the right of the tank) i dint see anyone at the track with oil surge issues but most did put extra in the car and it was damp so can be faster

it wasnt to bad i definantly noticed around the big rght hand sweeper that i was leaning alot against the seat

i did also get really bad fuel surge in that sweeper an the first corner under brakes (fuel pick up is at the right of the tank) i dint see anyone at the track with oil surge issues but most did put extra in the car and it was damp so can be faster

Jason thanks for the heads up on my time, trouble with my driving no 2 laps are the same ha ha ha

I had the most trouble staying in my seat on the hair pin (always have trouble with the hair pins

"slow in fast out "maybe I'm to old to learn)

And I kept bangng my head on the roof coming over the crest of the hill on the front straight.

As for catch your breath moments:

When signalling the lady with the chequered flag, just raise your hand DONT LOOK theres a corner coming up quick.

Watch out for MR5's racing each specially when one of them losses it and spin in front of you, half way down corner 1

Edited by sweetm3

Jason thanks for the heads up on my time, trouble with my driving no 2 laps are the same ha ha ha

I had the most trouble staying in my seat on the hair pin (always have trouble with the hair pins

"slow in fast out "maybe I'm to old to learn)

And I kept bangng my head on the roof coming over the crest of the hill on the front straight.

As for catch your breath moments:

When signalling the lady with the chequered flag, just raise your hand DONT LOOK theres a corner coming up quick.

Watch out for MR5's racing each specially when one of them losses it and spin in front of you, half way down corner 1

yea was interesting

i learnt a few important things like

dont try to change direction while going over the crest

dont touch the line seperating pit entrance if its just rained

finish your braking before you turn in on the first corner

and most importantly get a fuel surge tank lol

and most importantly get a fuel surge tank lol

Definitely need a good fuel feed, the E30S50 was leaning out on most corners :unsure: