Sign in to follow this  
Italiano_87

Help with my E30

Getrag 240 is perfectly fine. I had one behind my 2.7 m20 stroker and it was fine, more power / torque than a standard m20b25. And even when it was turbo it held up fine.

Don't think I have seen anyone have issues with a getrag 240, guys in the U.S are using them (from 318is) for m50 swaps etc, No issues..

guess i shouldnt worry bout the which gearbox i get then ae... just gona need a driveshaft that is from a facelift

guess i shouldnt worry bout the which gearbox i get then ae... just gona need a driveshaft that is from a facelift

Driveshafts are the same, pre FL and FL. Only difference is the hanger bearings, which can be swapped around... So if you have one from a pre F/L you would need to put a facelift type hanger bearing on it.

Driveshafts are the same, pre FL and FL. Only difference is the hanger bearings, which can be swapped around... So if you have one from a pre F/L you would need to put a facelift type hanger bearing on it.

i dont have one as my car is auto at the mo lol but thanks

All the driveshafts are 2 piece and have a hanger bearing / center support bearing in the middle. The auto / manual driveshafts are different yeah, but pre facelift and facelift are the same.

You could even use the bearing on your auto driveshaft on the manual driveshaft if you happen to get yourself a a driveshaft from a pre facelift car. Just need to get it off carefully without ripping the rubber surround.

All the driveshafts are 2 piece and have a hanger bearing / center support bearing in the middle. The auto / manual driveshafts are different yeah, but pre facelift and facelift are the same.

You could even use the bearing on your auto driveshaft on the manual driveshaft if you happen to get yourself a a driveshaft from a pre facelift car. Just need to get it off carefully without ripping the rubber surround.

ohk cool but apart i tend to break things when im working on any of my cars haha... but driveshafts usually come with kits tho o hopefully i get the right one anyways

does kerry or mike from mosens not have one dude, if you go in and see them im sure they will sort you out with what you need. or send you in the right direction

Edited by Matty104

does kerry or mike from mosens not have one dude, if you go in and see them im sure they will sort you out with what you need. or send you in the right direction

Yea jason found me one from mosens for $850 its the g240 kit... i just gota buy a new bearing a new gear knob and new master and slave cylinders...

sweet, bearing should be a 12x32x10 on a m20 from memory

and you can get it from saeco on King street in frankton, cost around $10

Edited by Matty104

Just make sure you get the right one haha :P

yea, just measure the spline to make sure, as brooks was a bit bigger, (first time hes ever been able to say that)

Hey all i have found a complete conversion kit from Auckland $900 that is also including freight... im not phased if it is a 240 or a 260 as long as it gets converted... can always get a 260 another day. but thank you all for your help and much appreciated. ^_^

ebay. Or they come up on TM now and again and usually get snapped up pretty fast.

ebay. Or they come up on TM now and again and usually get snapped up pretty fast.

Yea i bet they go pretty quick... they look real nice in cars... been looking round for over a month now but nothing

Don't think I have seen anyone have issues with a getrag 240, guys in the U.S are using them (from 318is) for m50 swaps etc, No issues..

The 318Is M42/M44 gearbox is a Getrag 250g the same stud pattern as M50/52

Thats what I'm using.

The 240 can be used but mounting cross member and linkages need a mod because the gearbox ends up on an angle.

Edited by *Glenn*

Supercheap auto can order then online from their australia shops, Don't know if they have E30's but they would be able to tell you quick enough. Don't think they are cheap though

Edit: RE the Dash matts

Edited by HT.

Supercheap auto can order then online from their australia shops, Don't know if they have E30's but they would be able to tell you quick enough. Don't think they are cheap though

Edit: RE the Dash matts

oh ok sweet as il ring them about it... thanks

There was also a place in Olive Road Penrose who sold them I bought one of them about 15 years ago for the wifes old E30. Zenetti (johno) might know who it is if they are still in business. I think it was Pioneer Distributors but I may be wrong.

Re: Dash Mats

Edited by *Glenn*

Pioneer are still there, think they are in Chrch Street.