Sign in to follow this  
charles28

A worthy companion for the E30?

I think they're cool.

But apparently they are VERY expensive to keep well maintained.

haha-just watch the guys come out with their opinions on these.

Got deep pockets?

Do a search-there is a recent thread on this very subject ( & possibly even this car)

Edited by 1rotty

needs bigger wheels and lowered a bit

would there be many manual versions around?

could be worth a bit in a few years

haha-just watch the guys come out with their opinions on these.

Got deep pockets?

Do a search-there is a recent thread on this very subject ( & possibly even this car)

Define deep pockets? I have spent 5k on my 325i in the last 3 months.. nothing to show for it either, as its mostly repairs.. not mods..

Well there's a moral to that story dont you think-be very particular about the vehicles you buy which is my point exactly.

Define deep pockets? I have spent 5k on my 325i in the last 3 months.. nothing to show for it either, as its mostly repairs.. not mods..

You will have something to show for it.

Pre 5k, Not running, 5k later running. <_<

This car is for sale again. Sooo soon.Do a search, I viewed this car when it was for sale last time.

Yeh, I too was very close at buying one of these but ended up going with the car I have now.

Pretty cool cars no doubt with true history.

No doubt they will be fairly expensive to maintain but what "special model" German car isn't I guess.

Go for it don't worry about the maintenance cost, give you something to do and spend your money on instead of power and phone bills.

Why oh why do people insist on calling these things 'Cosworths'?

They are NOT Cosworths, they have a Cosworth designed head and that is all.

There is no where on this car that has the word Cosworth on it, and you know why? Because Mike Costin and Keith Duckworth would not allow it.

The reason the Sierra's have Cosworth on them is because the engine was wholly designed and built by Cosworth/UEI.

Do some research people.

Guest Simon*

There is no where on this car that has the word Cosworth on it, and you know why? Because Mike Costin and Keith Duckworth would not allow it.

The reason the Sierra's have Cosworth on them is because the engine was wholly designed and built by Cosworth/UEI.

Do some research people.

and that should be the very end of all this Merc-licking bullshit :D

Thanks John

/discussion

I rebuilt the engines on 2 of these about 15 years ago. One cost $12,000 for a customer and the other was done on insurance for a panel beater which cost $15,000... go do the maths. That was 15 years ago... a liabilty if you ask me. They drive sort of OK... but I'd rather drive a nice little M325

Do some research people.

bla. they dont insist, just dont really care...

easy way to define in general terms whats good about the car.

rear SLS usually needs replacing at some point and i hear is big bikkies, some seem to replace with non- SLS.

i'd love one! but then i love all mercs of that era :D

There was an episode of Wheeler Dealers about these, and the self levelling suspension were seriously expensive... about 1000 GBP? Decent aftermarket suspension that was non-levelling was about 300 GBP- unless you are a purist, there's no comparison really! lol

There was an episode of Wheeler Dealers about these, and the self levelling suspension were seriously expensive... about 1000 GBP? Decent aftermarket suspension that was non-levelling was about 300 GBP- unless you are a purist, there's no comparison really! lol

You could've saved all that typing if only you had clicked on Apex's link above :P