Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Once again ---- a new car

After weeks of debate with the dealer who is taking my failed Range Rover back - which co-incidentally now fails to start... we've settled on a car. I've been trying to get them to sell me a Mercedes Benz ML320 CDI but it was unavailble as it was on another yard of theirs. They've then tried to sell me an 02 BMW X5 with 150k's which I wasn't interested in, then most recently a LR3 Discovery but as you could probably tell, I've had a fair gutsfull of Land Rover!!!

One VERY COOL thing that this car has is a BI-MODAL exhaust which is stolen from the Corvette, which means you can pretty much have the exhaust quiet and flick a switch and it will then sound like a animal!

We've settled on this... It will mean that I will have to get something else for the wife for towing, maybe a Surf or Prado to replace the Mazda 6 we already have - which by the way is an epic car in terms of reliability & performance e.t.c.

I've always liked these, but never thought I'd own one, it wasn't what I was after but it atleast gets me out of the Land Rover time bomb! Checkout this on Top Gear : Holden

This is it: a 2007 Holden HSV GTS 6 Speed Manual with 19,000km & still under factory warranty until April 2010. This is going to be a toy for me, I'm now planning on getting a Nissan S-Cargo for work and sign-writing it. It will probably be more practical than driving the Range Rover about anyway!

post-2864-1259796515.jpg

post-2864-1259796520.jpg

post-2864-1259796524.jpg

post-2864-1259796530.jpg

post-2864-1259796536.jpg

post-2864-1259796542.jpg

post-2864-1259796548.jpg

post-2864-1259796553.jpg

Edited by Clinton

Guest Simon*

Not the worst car you've owned ;) So why can't this be your tow beast?

Never fail to be disappointed with Holden's interiors though, and all that blingin' big LCD just to control your radio. Where's the telly and some real toys? :P

Should be fun to drive for a while!

Not the worst car you've owned ;) So why can't this be your tow beast?

Never fail to be disappointed with Holden's interiors though, and all that blingin' big LCD just to control your radio. Where's the telly and some real toys? :P

Should be fun to drive for a while!

Nah, we're gonna get a Prado/Surf next year to replace the Mazda 6 - This car doesn't have a tow bar and I'd prefer not to have it down gravel roads which is where I tow my bike to, 20k's of it and bloody dusty. This is going to be a weekend car, it's about time I had a toy car again!

Remove out sink dated HRT sticker from center stack and then we will talk.

Nice car, take it out to the track and drift the sh*t out of it!

Remove out sink dated HRT sticker from center stack and then we will talk.

Nice car, take it out to the track and drift the sh*t out of it!

BAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mate, it's the first thing to go on this car. It's been owned by an enthusiast obviously, one owner and with 19km in 2.5 years it's probably been a weekender. The guys up there did say it was in impeccable condition & as new. First thing I will get done to it is when I get a chance to get it to Christchurch I'll get them to tune it to improve fuel economy & at the same time it also improves the HP. I've been told they are very easy & very cheap to squeeze HP out of. That said, 307kw & 550nm shouldn't be too bad...

I think behind every good man is 307kw anyway. Not a good woman.

I aspire to own one of these in the near future.

Awesome car but I give it 6months or so with you!!!!

Shhh the BMW fanboys will get jealous.. They can be compared to the E39 M5 in performance.

Lucky you got a manual! You could get another 25-30kw for around 5k, they are reasonably unrestricted out of the box compared to older models, the 6.2 will unleash 45-50kw for the same coin.

Edited by Apex

I aspire to own one of these in the near future.

Awesome car but I give it 6months or so with you!!!!

Yeah about that, until something new catches my eye.

Might be a bit longer though, with me not driving it all day every day it might be a bit different, but yeah, that sentence was probably a waste of keystrokes...

Thanks for the over-reactive response mrad01 What I was tought was...

If you don't have anything nice to say.. Say nothing at all...

yum yum. Looks just like the falcodores I eat off the lights. 307KW behind a VERY slow revving lazy V8...

yep, GREAT drift car - have fun with that...

That's pretty rude bro, Don't be a d*ck.

Pretty tough lookin', although not my cup of tea.

I wish I could change my cars like you :D

Very nice mate, im a bit of a fan i have to confess. LOVE the tq they make down low.

I once had a good race with a GTS at Ruapuna it was a fair wack quicker than mine on the straights thats for sure.....of coarse that was pre my v8 conversion :)

That's pretty rude bro, Don't be a d*ck.

If this kid is running 225kw on a 335i I'd be the first to say he's not going to win vs a HSV GTS off the lights.

Better edit that incase LOL, but instead of what I had there, howabout this... If someone can afford a 335i as nice as they are, I'd expect them to be mature...

Edited by Clinton

If this kid is running 225kw on a 335i I'd be the first to say he's not going to win vs a HSV GTS off the lights.

Better edit that incase LOL, but instead of what I had there, howabout this... If someone can afford a 335i as nice as they are, I'd expect them to be mature...

225kw? Naaa, that would be the standard 335i...

does it weight 2.75 tonnes? Naaa

An I mature. Nope. Not even close. Growing old is inescapable. Growing up is optional.

Sorry mate! I get revved up a whole lot by falcodore owners at my workplace every day, they talk about their "man's car" and all sort of talk. Funny, none of them will get their falcodores out to Meremere and beat my 13.6...

I guess when I saw one in a bimmer forum I couldn't resist.

This isn't something I'd normally debate about but since you are an exceptional character I might aswell chuck this out there...

Standard 335i - 0-100 in 5.5seconds right?

Standard HSV GTS 0-100 in 4.9seconds...

A mate of mine in Sydney has a 335i - they go well but I wouldn't compare one to a HSV GTS, both cars are in a different league & market.

There has to of been a huge amount of engineering to shave 0.6 seconds off that time! They aren't going to make a 335i faster than an M3 due to simplistic marketing.

Huge value for money the HSVs'.

Difficult to go faster for less. Except maybe a F6 ha.

Huge value for money the HSVs'.

Difficult to go faster for less. Except maybe a F6 ha.

Those are nice I will admit. But in a Falcon/Commodore... It has to have 8 pots IMO

I know what ya mean but I have a thing for the underdog.

Just dont get caught up in that whole Ford vs Holden crap. Has anyone ever seen an argument as stupid as that sh*t.

I know what ya mean but I have a thing for the underdog.

Just dont get caught up in that whole Ford vs Holden crap. Has anyone ever seen an argument as stupid as that sh*t.

They're both 6 - half dozen IMO - I've owned a XR6 BA a few years back, however if I pull upside my local pub in the HSV I think I'd get shouted more beers than if I turned up in a GT-P LOL

Sorry mate! I get revved up a whole lot by falcodore owners at my workplace every day, they talk about their "man's car" and all sort of talk. Funny, none of them will get their falcodores out to Meremere and beat my 13.6...

Fair call, my Commonwhore mates are the same, they will all turn up to a dyno day though..

As great as the 335i it lacks two things that are any cars proverbial testies, a manual gearbox and a limited slip differential, without those it’s as good as castrated…the GTS has both.

Oh, and with some M/T drag tyres the GTS will run low 13's, with a chip it will be in the hight 12's ^_^

Edited by Apex

I reckon! If you look and drive a commodore and then a falcon of a similar spec there are really not that many differences.

My main car is a ford but I don't hold any loyalty to the brand, Just liked the particular model I brought.When I buy my next car, I doubt it will be a ford.

335 and GTS both cool cars. I would happily own both.One thing I will say however is that BMW build quality in general owns both Holden and Ford.

Vectra’s are way better yea, proper sporty like, Fords are Chav mate, where’s your trackies?? :lol: Having had a couple of Vauxhalls and looking at the UK sites for information, they to have a rivalry going.

The F6 is the best on the block at the moment, tuna-bility is amazing, the last good straight six before Ford go to the FWD V6 of fail in a couple of years!

This isn't something I'd normally debate about but since you are an exceptional character I might aswell chuck this out there...

Standard 335i - 0-100 in 5.5seconds right?

Standard HSV GTS 0-100 in 4.9seconds...

A mate of mine in Sydney has a 335i - they go well but I wouldn't compare one to a HSV GTS, both cars are in a different league & market.

There has to of been a huge amount of engineering to shave 0.6 seconds off that time! They aren't going to make a 335i faster than an M3 due to simplistic marketing.

Marketing at BMW didn't tell the engineers...standard 335i's are MUCH faster than the BMW spec.

http://www.insideline.com/bmw/3-series/200...335i-coupe.html

Edmunds.com:

"Consider the facts: This 2007 BMW 335i test car blazed from zero to 60 in 4.8 seconds. BMW says the new coupe mit twin-turbo engine and Steptronic six-speed autobox should make that trip in 5.5 seconds. Seven-tenths of a second quicker?"

Enjoy your car dude!