Sign in to follow this  
curryinahurry

Rude and Ignorant Seller

The seller of this listing (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=258216850) claims that the Jap SatNav System will work once you apply the correct CD. But I pretty much know for a fact that it wouldn't work unless you change the SatNav computer. So I left him a question to let him know:

Hi there, are you aware that the Japanese sat nav computer is completely different to the rest of the world? Unless you have changed the sat nav computer to one compatible with NZ, it would not work even if you have the correct CD. I don't mean to be rude or imply that you're lying but just wanted to make sure.

Then he blacklists me and retaliates on my listings saying :

"Hurry Curry be careful who you call a lire I fully explain all details with all cars the trademe advert is a guide only, information is provided via CIN cards and at the yard looking at what you are selling this car is out of you reach any how so please don''t post false Actuations"

He's now edited and added to his listing to say "Nav system will work in NZ with CD and configuration of the system..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-258271960.htm ".

I'm just feeling a bit disgruntled that the seller would be so rude over this matter. What do you guys think?

Edited by curryinahurry

Isn't that guy "hotwire" from here?

Isn't that guy "hotwire" from here?

Na, hes just made a link to his listing, absolutely no problems there. Its the seller I'm pee'd off with.

Edited by curryinahurry

Oooooh, I get it now xD

My bad...

I just sent him this to wind him up :P

"I would suggest changing your advertisement. TV, Nav & radio will not work in NZ without an expensive upgrade.... I know how ? I'm a BMW technician"

I just sent him this to wind him up :P

"I would suggest changing your advertisement. TV, Nav & radio will not work in NZ without an expensive upgrade.... I know how ? I'm a BMW technician"

LOL read his answer to you Glen, what a cock.

LOL read his answer to you Glen, what a cock.

+1 on him being a cock, Little does he know or more probably to the point does not want to tell the expense of the change.

I asked him why he's bein' so rude to people that know. It seems he knows more than most of us lol.

I can't be bothered taking any further... maybe some else wants to wind him up.. lol...we could all ring him and wish him merry xmas

I guess the TV and Radio do work tho, even if you do need a band expander, it's only the nav which won't work.

Bam!

"Hiya, can you please upload a photo of the TV on a NZ channel? Also, I was interested in this car but with the unanswered question and the other Q&A's, I am doubtful I will follow it up now."

Its a nice touring :P

Thats true...but what a rude prick he was to the original poster (Andrew)

Is anyone even genuinly interested in buying the car???

Don't lose any sleep over the way he answered you curryinahurry

Bam!

"Hiya, can you please upload a photo of the TV on a NZ channel? Also, I was interested in this car but with the unanswered question and the other Q&A's, I am doubtful I will follow it up now."

Now there's not that many bmw wagon for sale let alone a e39 wagon, surely if you are interested you would go have a look and make an inform decision rather than base it on not seeing the tv work and the unanswered questions.

If you like the car and want to buy it, does not having a tv and seller not answering online questions bother you?

Is having a tv as a standard item in a car the utmost priority; even if it is, i'm sure you would have move it down to the bottom of the list as 99.9% of cars do not have tv...

If anything him acting the way that he does, you might have some bargaining power, as everyone here expects no public interest in the car from any potential buyers.

Edited by tonylauno1

Haha this definitely lightened up my day, cheers Glenn and the rest of the boys.

As far as I know, the TV and Radio should work once its been reprogrammed, but SatNav wouldn't unless you replace the SatNav computer - and that thing aint cheap!

Anyway, it is a nice car though!

Haha this definitely lightened up my day, cheers Glenn and the rest of the boys.

As far as I know, the TV and Radio should work once its been reprogrammed, but SatNav wouldn't unless you replace the SatNav computer - and that thing aint cheap!

Anyway, it is a nice car though!

You still interested ??

I only did the wind up with him because he was so rude to you.. I obviously got the right reaction. Radio & Tv should be all world system.. Nav is a different story... he bit hook, line & sinker

I dunno whats been done to my TV but it gets all stations, radio has band expander, only need NZ radio which arnt too bad

You still interested ??

Not interested. Even if i was, I wouldn't buy from a prick like that!

However, he'd just answered my original question, "Please read all info... on the listing" after editing his listing... thats about as low as it gets. I've reported him to TM and thankfully they've already removed all his rude comments lol.

Edited by curryinahurry

Something I noticed is that in the auction he states "Excellent Condition Grade-5 (like new )". I thought, and I'm sure a dealer on here will be able to correct me, that the grading system went from 1 to 5, with 5 being brand new, 4 being anything "used" (so with 1000km's or more). Is it odd that a car with 130,000ish km's has been graded a 5?

yeah, went I went to japan, only new cars were grade 5 with very nice second hand cars coming in the 4's

Confirming facts:

TV is a world tuner. May or may not have NZ as an option in programming menu (some do, some don't) but if not - can still be programmed to suit NZ by selecting Pal Europe or Switzeland in the country menu.

Radio - if car is post 09/01 in build - it should have a world radio tuner which can be reprogrammed for Oceania (us). Pre 09/01 cars were market specific with radio tuners.

Nav - CANNOT work without retrofitting of a Euro nav unit - conversion pioneered by Jochen & I a few years ago.

Yes, he has linked the nav to my TM nav listing.

See also this listing I was introduced to today by a bidder on it - 256839259. Selling a Jap nav unit that is only good as a boat anchor outside Japan. I have politely informed the seller it is of no use here & that it may be prudent to update the listing to notify bidders - my question still unanswered

Needless to say I informed the bidder that aproached me about it of the facts.

Hi one and all have joined the fray on this one just sent this to him so wait and see what reply if any I get back

Hi how did you come by the price you have set for this vehicle?. The five series has taken a big hit price wise plus the k's yours has done even with it being a tourer and a sport model. Not sure where you got your info from but the SAT NAV GPS unit on E39 Japanese imports will not work in NEW Zealand without changing the Sat NAV computer. How do I know because I own one but please provide me proof of your claims

The last bits a little porky but mine was from Singapore so almost correct :P