Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

More Engine Swap Woes.

Disconnect the starter from the engine and pull it away a bit, but keep it wired up and see if it turns over freely. If it goes wizzzzz then you know it's wired up properly and it's either not the correct starter, or you have a more serious problemo.

EDIT: You haven't connected up the earths? OH COME ON RICHARD lol.

Can't run the starter unattached to engine - how does it earth? :rolleyes: Unless you run a jumper lead from starter body to engine. This assuming the engine earth was hooked up in the first place of course

Can't run the starter unattached to engine - how does it earth? :rolleyes: Unless you run a jumper lead from starter body to engine. This assuming the engine earth was hooked up in the first place of course

I'm pretty sure I did that. I just held it again the block, but made sure it wasn't touching the gear.

At least someone knows what they are doing :rolleyes:

At least someone knows what they are doing :rolleyes:

Try beeping your horn and see what happens. When we put my M50 in we forgot a few earths and when I pushed the horn the indicators would go etc etc because everything was earthing through something else lol.

Basically if you have forgotten all the earths, it wont just be the starter that does not work!

Try beeping your horn and see what happens. When we put my M50 in we forgot a few earths and when I pushed the horn the indicators would go etc etc because everything was earthing through something else lol.

Basically if you have forgotten all the earths, it wont just be the starter that does not work!

To do the swap I had only removed the engine earths, the big one on the sump, and the small one on the rocker cover.

but will check tomorrow

The one on the sump is the main ground. Bad ground or not connected will cause the same issue. Even having the greasy side attached can cause issues. Clean it and even sand it abit so its fleshing some metal then attach it to the chassis.

Wewwt, Tightened up the main ground and it started first pop.

I'm a certan kind of special to forget the main ground :facepalm:

Reckon it'll pass under 95 db if I leave the exaust off and just have headers? :P

Hmm... Now it's not working...

Turns over, attempts to start starts for a few seconds, and you're unable to do anything to make it go.

fuel is fine, just checked that dizzy cap, and rotor.

maybe AFM?

Hmm, starting now, but missfiring. (new set of plugs) trying different leads different dizzy cap, and will try another rotor.

3 pistons aren't firing 1, 3, 5

have changed crank sensor.

check the injector harness plug that is under the intake manifold on the passenger side, I unpluged mine one day and when i pluged it back in it pushed the female conector out so it wasnt contiacting and lost power to 2 4 and 6 injector.

Put a metal screwdriver on each injector when the car is running and put your ear to it each time to see if the injector is ticking/ fireing

Right, the Fuel Pressure Regulator had a bung hose, so I fixed it up and the missfire is gone!

None of the water temp sensors work :( thinks it's cold.

and there must be vac leaks somewhere as it idled at 2,000revs and slowly came down.

and the tranny light is on :( does that have a low fluid sensor?

Okay, the gearbox won't even go into any gears. grrrrrrrrrr

Meh, broken transmission, I think it needs a new trans pump. f**king horrible gearbox to remove.

Possibly, Even though I soldered/Shrinked it, it may still be an issue.... The local wrecker said he may have one on a car that is coming in that I can grab, Which I will do and redo that.

1. Ask your dad for a manual conversion for xmas

2. Pay it off next year with student loan money

3. No problems.

three words haha "course related costs"

Yeah, That's what I'm using my corse related costs for in feburary. but that's in feburary.

I've allready loaned money to replace the motor. so Can't really borrow more till I've paid that back.

I just want my car back :( - was ment to goto central on tuesday, guess not now.

Edited by antil33t