Sign in to follow this  
318Touring

You don't see this everyday coming up for sale

I'm not sure if I like it, or hate it. Its like a cross between a porsche Boxter, a Jaguar and a BMW.

Im sure its a great car, Rare and would go very well etc.

But I also think it is a hideous looking car, Espcially with that price tag!!

Was going to say that looks like an Auto shifter..

Sacrilege throwing an auto in an M5 engine, surly that lowered the Rev limit also.

They do look good in the steel, from behind anyway, have only seen it once.

Seriously cool.

Yep, Alpina actually auto'd and made it slower than the BMW version. BMW used the S62 4.9 while Alpina used a tuned 4.8. But Alpina's intentions where to change it from a hardcore street car to a tourer.

Dream car, but not with the hardtop. I think it looks silly :o

Ah so it has a 5/750i engine and six speed Auto.. Makes no sense to me what so ever, the fact it had the M5 engine was why I liked it.

Was still quite quick around the Top Gear track though -_-

Ive never understood Alpina's need to strap Auto's to a lot of their "tuned" cars. Why!

Edited by QuickSilver

4 Door ? am i blind <_<

Why can't dealers ever get their listings accurate? For a $200,000 car you'd think they would spend a couple more minutes and actually think about what they are doing.

Why can't dealers ever get their listings accurate? For a $200,000 car you'd think they would spend a couple more minutes and actually think about what they are doing.

And a little more information wouldn't hurt them either.

How are they selling a registered LHD? I was under the impression that you had to convert it if it wasn't considered a classic car (i.e: 30 years old or whatever the rule is).

Any car can either have the conversion when they come into the country or you can pay for an exemption.

That's why there's many LHD vipers and American cars.

Any car can either have the conversion when they come into the country or you can pay for an exemption.

That's why there's many LHD vipers and American cars.

Yeah that's true - but doesn't that only apply for the first owner until it is a classic car? I thought the second owner of a non-classic LHD couldn't register it.

That's horrible. Could have quite a nice collection of E30s with $189,900.

xD That would make my dads day.

I this one of the I-hug founder's cars? There was one of these at NZ concours 2-3 years ago? From what I can recall if it is the same vehicle, he bought it while he lived there for a while and shipped it over.

It was on t/me a year a go for $200k and was being sold privately. If it is the same car, maybe TMBMW are selling it on behalf or maybe they have done a trade with the owner.

Irrespective, it is seriously cool car imho, paying homage to the iconic 507.

I'd rather have this - that car is hideous & LHD? Who would pay 200 slides for it?

post-2864-1260765343.jpg

I don't care what any of you guys say! Its amazing!

I dropped into Team McMillan this morning to check it out. Only one I've ever seen in the flesh so couldn't miss the opportunity.

It was stunning. It had a sort of presence. It was next to e46 M3's and even a e92 M3 and an M5 and it stood out as the more special one. And it actually looks like a 200k car in person. The quality and the materials were 5 steps above any bimmer I've ever seen before, it was solid and the level of workmanship was amazing.

I could go on forever but I won't bore you haters! <_<

Posted Image Edited by Brent HARTGE535i