Sign in to follow this  
e30guydownunder

Cronic E30itis sufferer from across the pond

Gday Guys,

e30guydownunder (Chris) checking in here. I'm from Australia in case you didn't pickup. I currently have 2 E30's in my possession.

A 1990 318iS as a daily:

Posted Image

It steadily gets mods, but the money spent on it severely reduced when i picked up this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The car started life as a 1987 325i and came to me as a rolling shell. I put the spare 318iS mechanicls I had lying around in it, replaced the rusty bonnet and boot with the black ones I had and sprayed the roof black to match after I deleted the sunroof. Caged it out and put some suspension in it. So now it is the only 1987 318iS in existence I'm fairly certain. I'm currently in the process of turboing the baby M42 and will be rebuilding it ready for a diet of much boost and E85.

I finally joined the forum after seeing westy's bastard child "Alice". The amount of effort he is putting into that car is insane and I think the result will be very much worth it. A modern, creature comforts E30, can't go wrong.

Anyway thats the intro, I'll have a plod around and start my project thread in due time :)

Edited by e30guydownunder

Welcome!

E30guydownunder from M42club.com perchance?

Welcome. Have seen you on eurocca.

Gday Guys,

I finally joined the forum after seeing westy's bastard child "Alice". The amount of effort he is putting into that car is insane and I think the result will be very much worth it. A modern, creature comforts E30, can't go wrong.

Thanks!

I've seen your build around. Lotsa good work going on there.

318is turbos' are damn fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy yours.

Welcome.

Welcome Chris,

It's great to see new members that are obviously going to be making some worthy contributions to the forum. Great stuff mate. Look forward to the project threads.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. And yup same username on all the forums, makes life easy. I got nothing to hide ;)

The roady is pretty good but far from perfect, it has been a long hard slog...battling the typical electrical bugs at the moment. Central Locking is a bit tempermental and had an alternator die a couple of weeks ago. I have some Simmons B45's tucked up under the house awaiting a coat of paint and some wider outer lips, but other than the wheels I just want to tidy the road car up more. Oh and the roof racks...gotta have somewhere to put the bike.

The race car is certainly fun. Its great being faster round the tracks than guys spending more money on tyres than I have the whole car. Currently the straights are whats holding me back on track, even stripped out 95hp has trouble getting an E30 to accelerate <_<

Welcome Chris, 2 lovely looking E30's there and i like how you use the term "E30itis"

Looking forward to following your projects