Sign in to follow this  
E30AFFIAR

1UZ OR 1JZGTE INTO E30

Im weighing up engines at the moment to go into my e30 it time to get a bit more power, has anyone experienced any of these conversions and could throw some handy advice, im really leaning towards the 1j as it is easy and cheap to get more power if needed, i know with the 1uz that there will have to be a bit of playing around with the brake booster?? i know im having to make new engine mounts/gearbox mounts for both but thats all piss easy and i have a guy thats a wiring guru so what do you guys think would be the best option??

Cheers, Max

Posted Image

1jz pleeease! wish i had the money/skills/spare E30 to do it

Go with the 1uz. V8 N/A awesomeness is what you want.

I'm guessing the 1jz is a bit lighter, being a straight six? So obviously it'd be way quicker with a lighter, boosted engine, but V8's are where it's at.

How much would a 1jz cost to put into a e30, in terms of modifications with mounts, wiring etc. Was considering repowering the e30 but dont know how much to realistically budget out. - last thing i want is a project car that cant be driven around anywhere.

Edited by westy

How much would a 1jz cost to put into a e30, in terms of modifications with mounts, wiring etc. Was considering repowering the e30 but dont know how much to realistically budget out. - last thing i want is a project car that cant be driven around anywhere.

To do it properly... about 4 X more than what the car would cost to buy... ask a few who have done it

1jz definitley over 1uz they can take a way bigger thrashing and make more power with ease. If I wasn't leaving the country this would definitely be happening to my wagon

it wont be 4 times the cost can get engine and box out of japan for around 1500 and then ive got a mate for mounts which will prob be just shifting the originals or leaning out an angle, and if you didnt know someone to do wiring it get real expensive

it wont be 4 times the cost can get engine and box out of japan for around 1500 and then ive got a mate for mounts which will prob be just shifting the originals or leaning out an angle, and if you didnt know someone to do wiring it get real expensive

Have a read here, Bimmersport project area, there are some really good threads.Take the time and read them. This will tell you that almost always a project of any size will cost more than planned.

Gotta make sure the engine doesn't have broken rocker shaft bridges....

V8... Riley's one sounds so :wub:

Indeed, Everyone is the sucker for the 'It won't cost me much, I have everything set out on a budget'.

1jz takes alot of effort, The oil pan needs to be modified to fit over the subframe. It's not as easy as you would think.

SR20DET is much easier and has been done by a few guys here.

Having done the 1JZ thing, and now redoing it slightly differently...

Next time I'd go for a 3RZ w/turbo or 4G63.

SR20's are too $$$ for what they are IMHO

If I was going the SR20 route, I would pick up a SR20de engine and whack a turbo on it. Hell of a lot cheaper than the DET version and they still make good reliable power. And if they pork it, then its only another ~$400 for another DE engine.

Back OT, 1UZ is where its at. All the cool kids are doing it.

Edited by Gaz

2J zte.supra.or sr20 DET hard tune.can give you over 400 HP felling.

VQ30DET.... If a SR20DET goes in easy then a VQ will go in easy as well with much more potential and the ability to make more power then an SR every will :)

I would go with a vq/vg or 1jz if using a smallish motor on a budget. The 1uzfe go quite nice in an e30, but, that's becoming quite the popular idea now and they are an expensive prick to modify with piss all gains.

Who's keen for an LS1 in an e30? Nom nom nom