Sign in to follow this  
sxctme

CCFL angel eyes

Just gauging interest in CCFL angel eyes as a group buy

I have been in contact with a manufacturer in china that makes the CCFL angel eye rings. They will supply rings for E30 E32 E34, E36,E38, E39,E39(OEM),E46A+B,E46 2D/E87,E46 Compact(X3) ,E53(X5),Z3 for around 20USD which is just under $30nzd i think, plus shipping .This price is based on buying 30 units

Available colors: White /Red /Blue /Green /Purple /Yellow/orange

Each set is consist of following items :

4 CCFL rings

2 CCFL inverters

Clips and tapes to fit the rings and inverters

Installation manual

And have a one year warranty

They also do them for Toyota Corolla 2001-2004,Mazda 3, Mazda 5. Mazda 6

Honda CRV 2005, CRV2003, Honda FIT, TAZZ ,FIT (2008)

Ford Focus 2005 ,Mondeo 2002-2005,

CAMRY02-03, CAMRY 03-06,Camry 2007

Volkswagen GOLF4 and Volkswagen GOLF5

The cheapist i have found for bmw is $100 -$120 on trademe so would be a big saving

If there is enough interest i will find out the shipping costs shouldnt be too much extra per unit tho

Blue for E34

Im just waiting to hear back if there are any taxes\gst or anything ontop of it dont know how it all works over there

Customs / IRD will not chase GST if the GST is under NZ$50

So, your 30 sets at NZ $30 each WILL be over $50 GST, so what you can do is ask the supplier to put the declared value at a low enough value to go under the IRD value ( i.e. under NZ$400 which is about US$ 280, so ask them to say US$250 )

--- Didn't hear this from me B)

Customs / IRD will not chase GST if the GST is under NZ$50

So, your 30 sets at NZ $30 each WILL be over $50 GST, so what you can do is ask the supplier to put the declared value at a low enough value to go under the IRD value ( i.e. under NZ$400 which is about US$ 280, so ask them to say US$250 )

--- Didn't hear this from me B)

Cool thanks for this info i have explained it to them and they said no prob :)

Good question, I will find out for you

Ok if there is a faulty item we send them a picture of the item destroyed eg cut wires and they will send a replacement

Question, How hard are these to fit and do the run off your main lights or is there a switch to turn them on

Question, How hard are these to fit and do the run off your main lights or is there a switch to turn them on

I was meaning to ask the same question myself.

They work of the park lights. I fitted mine through a relay. You need to be able to strip your headlights to fit them... about an hour a headlight

These cheap units can only be wired to the park lights.

Quality sets have a harness which is independent to the lights and then you can wire them anyway you could ever dream of. Also a lot safer seeing as these kits will have inverters.

Ok if there is a faulty item we send them a picture of the item destroyed eg cut wires and they will send a replacement

Ok. Cheers mate :)

Could everyone that want some pm me the details \ colours just so i know how many we are up to. Might try a couple other forums if there isnt enough from here

Could everyone that want some pm me the details \ colours just so i know how many we are up to. Might try a couple other forums if there isnt enough from here

PMed... :) please confirm. 2 sets for E36 one purple one blue cheers.

PM sent also. Hopefully I'm not too late?

So far i have 20 sets including 2 for myself i will try posting on some other forums see if i can ge tthe remaing ten we need before i can place the order

Can you edit original post and add a list of who you have so far?

To let people know if they've been included etc? ;)