Sign in to follow this  
3 SERIES

1990 E30 325i

Sorry guys. I know every single E30 listed on Trade Me makes it on here but im keen as a bean on this one as I will soon be needing a daily.

1990 E30 325i

I know its hard to make a call without seeing the car but is it worth the 3k buy now price?

Would anyone buy it sight unseen? Or is this too risky? Not normally what I do but Wgtn/ChCh is a bit of a distance and im picking it'll get snaped up quickly.

Can a Tech II kit be fitted to it or is it a mission?

Advice please.

Its a fair price for what it is, but i still would not be buying it without being able to see it especially for rust.

Tech II will fit but will be very hard to find and cost $$ when you find it.

I can go take a look at it for you if you like?

Looks pretty tidy... wanna swap the leather for my cloth sports interior? :D

Ring the guy & ask all yr questions-get boot & engine bay pics.

Or ask one of the chch members to have a look for you.

If it checks out ok I'd buy it sight unseen-the price is pretty good.

I can go take a look at it for you if you like?

Looks pretty tidy... wanna swap the leather for my cloth sports interior? :D

Ha ha, the recaro leather is one of my must hav's.

The guy has no contact number on his listing. I will try to get hold of him and ask him all my q's.

If it seems ok I might take you up on your offer on going to take a look. Cheers

Awesome buying that, but I'd want to have a geezer at it before placing a bid & being in Christchurch makes it a pain in the ass!

Was I more pissed than I thought last night or has this suddenly changed from $3000 ono to an auction?WTF-greedy guy :lol:

Was I more pissed than I thought last night or has this suddenly changed from $3000 ono to an auction?WTF-greedy guy :lol:

Nope was always an auction. 2.5k reserve & 3k buy now.

Im pi$$ed!!

After finally speaking to the guy and finding out everything about it I went back onto Trade Me

to hit the 3k buy now only to find someone bid 5mins previously!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by 3 SERIES

I wouldn't buy it sight unseen. It' not that cheap if maintenance is a bit behind.

My car was the same as this when i bought it (SA 325i in auto), so yes tech-II can be fitted, but they are extraordinarily difficult to find in 4-door, and take some time and care to fit. Not "hard" though, but does involve drilling holes in the body (which then need to be rust-proofed) for clips.

I only paid similar money for mine a few years back, and it needed maintenance (a wheel bearing, engine mounts, gearbox was tired, cambelt, and other usual fluids etc). It is well priced if it does't require anything or much.

The SA cars are great, but often suffer a little more from rust for some reason (mine is fairly good, but I've seen some bad ones).

You need to look at the car in person for rust - around the boot (including under the seal), behind and around the tail lights, in the bottom of the battery tray and same place on the other side of the boot, around the fuel filler, bottom of all door, behind the window trims (especially the trim behind the rear doors on the body), the sills, the floor (under the carpet if you can!), around the sunroof if it has one, and behind the fuse box in the engine bay.

I'll bet you a beer the adjustable headlights don't work (I've only heard of one car on here that had them working). Everything else should work.

I'll bet you a beer the adjustable headlights don't work (I've only heard of one car on here that had them working). Everything else should work.

I heard they use water, and the water evaporites after time... Possible to refill... But mine were disconnected anyway so I chopped them out because they annoyed me when I was doing an engine swap.