Sign in to follow this  
1rotty

Thread Flaming-who's sick of it.

Hes a new member cut him a little slack. sheesh.

He asks 'anyone knw whats going on?' because genuinely he doesn't, cue someone to try and help him. Not take the piss out of him, if this continues it will scare every new member away

+1

Edited by sydwayz e30

No it would be fine if you could take the piss out of them aswell. But it seems you cant without getting a warning / posting permission removed / thread lock / delete.

+1

This is Glenn's reply.

"Yes... it won't start

What have you checked ?, have you any mechanical ability and access to tools & test equipment ???"

The first line is simply his idea of a funny opening, just his sense of humour.

The second line is trying to ascertain and eliminate what's already been checked, and finding out what the guy can check himself.

I don't see anything in this myself, but guess it could be taken the wrong way, but again, it comes down to reading what you want to into something.

I wasn't specifically pointing at that post. But you are right. *dOm DoOs* diagnosis wasn't the best though was it. The poor guy might of even believed him.

That's my thick skin again, I just ignored that one, obvious crap.

This is Glenn's reply.

"Yes... it won't start

What have you checked ?, have you any mechanical ability and access to tools & test equipment ???"

The first line is simply his idea of a funny opening, just his sense of humour.

The second line is trying to ascertain and eliminate what's already been checked, and finding out what the guy can check himself.

I don't see anything in this myself, but guess it could be taken the wrong way, but again, it comes down to reading what you want to into something.

Dom doos comment in particular. Seem to be a tight circle of friends. The ones who were bullied at school and now re-group to reap havoc on teh internetz.

Seriously chill out guys, everyones on here to share their intrest of BMW's. Some community this is turning out to be. Seems to be a rift between the older and younger, If you disaprove of someones methods, can't offer any useful advice to those who SEEK advice in a genuine manner, then keep your opinions to yourself.

I dunno why people show disrepect to those who make mistakes and act like they are perfect. You people are the ones that need to grow up.

Seriously chill out guys, everyones on here to share their intrest of BMW's. Some community this is turning out to be. Seems to be a rift between the older and younger, If you disaprove of someones methods, can't offer any useful advice to those who SEEK advice in a genuine manner, then keep your opinions to yourself.

+1

Everyone needs to take a chill pill . . . as he has said, we all share an interest in cars but it does seem that it is an ongoing battle between the older and younger members. Why cant everyone cut the sh*t and get along, and stop all this pathetic nonsense and generally help out and get along!

Also, i find it very annoying how whenever i photoshop a mod, and ask for an opinion OR link to a trademe auction asking for opinions that i get toasted about my financial situation? All i asked for was an opinion and in return i get all this sh*t about how i shouldnt be looking blah blah i have no money blah f-ing blah. That pisses me off tbh . . . its none of your business if i can or cant afford it. I generally wanted an opinion! little things like that f me off

Edited by brokefromhamilton

+1

Everyone needs to take a chill pill . . . as he has said, we all share an interest in cars but it does seem that it is an ongoing battle between the older and younger members. Why cant everyone cut the sh*t and get along, and stop all this pathetic nonsense and generally help out and get along

Same reason humans have been at war since they existed. it would apear that the human race cannot put there differences aside. As much as it could help the situation...

But yeah everyone just needs to relax a little and not jump and every remark made and have a cry about personal attacks because half the time it is just a miss understanding.

That all makes sense. But why does someone on here have to earn someone elses respect before they get help on there car that doesn't start ( for example )?

From what I have found on the majority of forums ( Kiwibiker, bimmersport, etc ) is that the majority of people who are asking for help with mechanical problems on there are asking because they cannot afford to get it fixed professionally. There is no point telling them they are not experienced because most of them already know that, and there is no point telling them they should take it into the shop because most of them cant afford it. People just want to do a bit of DIY. A little help from some knowledgable people is all they need.

I have to say the person who seems to help the inexperienced out the most on this forum is Silver fox, he sees through the bullshit and just posts helpful comments.

I will gladly help anyone with a problem that I may have an answer to or maybe just a suggestion as to possible remedy.

That said, I have also been known on many ocasions to advise (politely) that if I suspect the person does not have the skills/knowledge/tools to be able to fix a particular problem - then best to get it professionally diagnosed/ repaired. This because it is obvious to me that, for want of a better phraise, they are chasing their tales. This particually with regards to electrics.

I, as Glenn, also tire of the repeated "same" queries - use the search first!

Regards "can't afford" whoopee - join the real world. It does cost money to run a car!

BS without the old guys would be useless.

Glenn is easily the most knowledgable here...

Whilst some of us young guys may know E30's inside out, we wouldn't have a hope in hell working on the likes fo an E60?

Theres no point in all at going "oh you don't know how to do that ect ect" to someone, Just let them try and fail, that's the only way to learn in this existance.

Edited by antil33t

BS without the old guys would be useless.

Glenn is easily the most knowledgable here...

Whilst some of us young guys may know E30's inside out, we wouldn't have a hope in hell working on the likes fo an E60?

Theres no point in all at going "oh you don't know how to do that ect ect" to someone, Just let them try and fail, that's the only way to learn in this existance.

And the majority of cars on here are E30's....

i say we have two options to sort this out.

1. Harden up and get along. Cut the sh*t!

OR

2. Create two BS's! One for older members and another for the younger!

You decide

Again Brook, you don't stop and think do you, who do you think supports BS and pays for it to operate, I doubt it lives on your subscription, or mine.

If you think the young ones can set up their own, and pay for the service, then, go for it.

The first option is obviously the only viable one, so, as you say, harden up and get real.

Brook this has nothing to do with older members versus young members. This is about the mod's having to constantly deal with stupid people who firstly are not able to take advise from those more knowledgable then them (because they think they know it all) and not being able to ingauge their brain before typing.

The reality is that most of the time these are new members who dont bother to adhere to the rules, or younger members just looking to stir the sh*t. It is a shame that so many of the senior members like glenn are feeling forced to leave the site as they are the ones giving up their time for free to help only to be abused by the f**king glueless.

No doubt its time for clean out and or a tidy up of the site. Those people moaning about the heavy hand of the mod stick would do well to reflect on the reasons why they are warned, banned etc.

And the majority of cars on here are E30's....

And actually you'd be wrong -they're just the most vocal-not that theres anything wrong with that.

listen, you guys just need to weld your doors up and get over it. Edited by bmw3

i say we have two options to sort this out.

1. Harden up and get along. Cut the sh*t!

OR

2. Create two BS's! One for older members and another for the younger!

You decide

Love to see where the hint of sarcasm is in this reply. Looks pretty clear cut to me

Fair call, point taken. Was this attack necessary "Again Brook, you don't stop and think do you"

My god harden the f**k up, that was hardly an attack.

the sarcasm is clear? why the hell would anyone seriously create 2 BS's? Dont get your kickers in a twist

i was simple making it clear that we need to take option one, and get over it!

Dunno -you said it!

And, still dont see a hint of sarcasm.

Dave summed you up perfectly

Hey Brooke,

r3v & the bimmerfest e30 forum do have a lot of good info-if you dont mind wading thro the sh*t to find it.

And I dont think we want that here.

Personally I think the mods here are pretty relaxed

Hi Marcus,

Each to there own.

Tbh i dont even care anymore aye, im so over this all. How old are you all, arguing over what? close the thread, harden up and move on. . .

im out, peace

Brook go back and read through your posts you muppet. You have pretty much summed up the point of the thread. YOUR sarcasm (or attempt) has resulted in other members pointing out your short comings now you want a mod to step in and close the thread? now it suits you for the mods not to let things go

Refer to my previous post and have a think about it

Hey Brook, it's all good mate, what you're feeling now is what the Mods feel sometimes as well, as you said, let's all just harden up a bit, I for one don't want to see this forum go the way of some of the others.

ps, I'm really only here for the racing, and to help when I can.