Sign in to follow this  
1rotty

Thread Flaming-who's sick of it.

It seems to me 2 of our e30 members have been singled out for "special treatment" & its time some of you just buttoned up & let them run their threads-its getting f**king boring!!!

Sure they might sometimes be a bit brash & cocky but who wasnt at their age.

They should be getting credit for having the balls to even take on these projects not getting flamed every time they open a thread.

How did you guys learn your skills?-no doubt from having a go & making plenty of cock ups & I bet you didnt have a bunch of smartarses flaming you at every turn.

And to Mr Domdoos or who ever you are,having met John I would respectfully suggest that his IQ would put yours to shame.

And that is my 2c. :o

EDIT-SMARTARSE COMMENTS DO NOT HELP THE CAUSE GUYS-so leave it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by 1rotty

I seem to think certan people are getting too personal against others, They hadn't been rude at all in a certan thread, but all past crap comes back to haunt them...

I think there should be a new rule, "No sh*t posting in the "technical" section. If you can't help someone, or don't want to don't bloody post.

Just seen a few smart-arsed comments on people who probably should have used the "search" function, but don't know any better.

Edited by antil33t

do i even need to make a comment here?

This forum hardly rates on the flame scale. I know what you're talking about however, and sometimes it's deserved, but often it isn't.

In before lock.

+1, well said 1rotty, seems theres one particular senior member thinks that because he knows alot he can be basically an a**hole, its just petty, people have pride in there cars , if they cock something up and ask nicley for info they should be able to get it from the very knowledgable persons on this forum and not get flamed for cocking up.

my 2c

This forum hardly rates on the flame scale. I know what you're talking about however, and sometimes it's deserved, but often it isn't.

In before lock.

Yeah, there is much worse flaming on other forums, but its a bit different here.

Several of my threads I have made lately have ended up down this route even my want to buy thread I posted today did.

Honestly sick of all the crap on here, would not read on here anymore but 90% of the time I use it as a tool to learn/expand my knowledge/share the passion which still weighs out all the post horing and other crap that goes down on a small percentage of the threads. I joined bimmersport to learn how to do xxxxxx (and I bet a vast percentage of members on here are here for the same reason) not for personal attacks etc.

I reckon the moderators/admin do a pretty good job but really should crack down a little more on post horing and people taking stabs at each other, nobody is perfect and everyone has their bad days but from the point of view of a relatively 'new' member compared to some, a lot of the forum is going downhill and losing a lot of its valued members who are sick of the sh*t i.e Grant, Martyn etc etc

Just my 2c

Keep the comments going .. we need to know how you all think about the forum

I've given up with the frustration of it all and offered my resignation too.. I'm not going to interfear again...ever

And that Mark is precisely the kind of comment that causes this nonsense so think before you post-this is not facebook.

edit: & that goes for you too Andrew having just read your last post

Edited by 1rotty

I've stayed away from the type of threads some of you are complaining about, but I think it's obvious why you get yourselves into the type of thread flaming you do.

You wonder why you get picked on, and then say the type of thing you just have in this thread. What I'm getting sick of is the type of smart arsed comments which have just been posted. If you really want to learn, and have something to offer then grow up and get on with it.

This is a BMW forum, not somewhere for some of you to try to be bigger than you are.

My 2c.

I've deleted my posts. I totally agree with 1rotty. I wasn't helping ha.

Thanks for that mate

If you guys actually read what you wrote before you posted it, and worked out whether it made sense or not, or if it was just a reaction to another post, then this site would be a lot better off, if this offends you, then you're who I'm getting at.

You should be trying to help, and not just posting smart comments trying to wind other people up. Some don't have thick skin like me, and you've got rid of some of the best already, soon there won't be any around who can actually help when you need it.

Think about it.

If you guys want to get the most respected, useful and generous member on here to leave you are going the right way about it. Please don't!

I guess you are right, and I have done a bit of it...which I guess was a bit out of line.

But reeeeaaally, the flaming on these boards is NOTHING compared to others...r3v comes to mind.

Not sure if this is on topic, but i feel that the forum is great when seeking advice and deals or what not. However when it comes to anything off topic or even showing off pictures of cars, people seemed to be getting flamed for it. Everyone seems to be so serious on here, and the mods need to maybe chill out every now and again haha, I know for a fact i always get flamed everytime i run a thread with pictures of my car, it then gets out of hand and then closed. always always always. I just feel that everyone needs to kick back and relax and not take everything so serious! Apart from that, the forum is great. I know that im not alone when i say that i enjoy seeing pictures of other members rides. Rant over/

Edited by brokefromhamilton

If you guys want to get the most respected, useful and generous member on here to leave you are going the right way about it. Please don't!

As 1rotty is pretty much saying, they are next to useless when they use thier knowledge as a way to look down and bag others, rather than use it to help them out. you dont get respected by picking on people. If someone is actually going to help a lesser knowledgable person with thier questions rather than express thier concern of imcompetence which (reality check) noone cares about, then they are going to get respected and not loathed

And to Mr Domdoos or who ever you are,having met John I would respectfully suggest that his IQ would put yours to shame.

With all respect to John who has ALOT of knowledge for some one so young, Domdoos was one of the one's who should still be on here. He knows alot and then some.

With all respect to John who has ALOT of knowledge for some one so young, Domdoos was one of the one's who should still be on here. He knows alot and then some.

Could he please just use this vast knowledge then and not question peoples IQ's?

Well I didnt think it would last long-I can hear the key turning.

Cant say I didnt try-sometimes you guys ARE you're own worst enemies.

As 1rotty is pretty much saying, they are next to useless when they use thier knowledge as a way to look down and bag others, rather than use it to help them out. you dont get respected by picking on people. If someone is actually going to help a lesser knowledgable person with thier questions rather than express thier concern of imcompetence which (reality check) noone cares about, then they are going to get respected and not loathed

They are realistically only being that way because they are getting sick of having to repeat themselves on how to go about doing something. I'm sure I've done it myself with some things that I don't know (which is heaps) but come on, for f**k sake they have been doing this sort of things for longer than anyone on here.

Sure, there are different ways of doing things, which are normally more cost-effective etc but there really is no need to start taking the piss when experts repeat themselves over and over.

Thats really nice...it's a shame really

Ive never seen doos doos post anything useful. Who cares if they have alot of knowledge if they arent going to help anyone.

He was the most useful person on here. Then this sorta sh*t started happening.

Andrew, with many forums, you have to earn respect when you join. Glenn has been on here for years and to anyone who has been on here more than a year will know how much of an asset he is, he has earned respect from others, I think it is apparent that you havn't earn't it. You can't just come on in wanking about how good you are at xxxxx etc and I know everything blah blah blah without earning respect, from people that A have been on this forum far longer than you and B there is always someone with more knowledge or experience than you, otherwise nobody will take you seriously. I for one, when joining the forum didn't post for a month or two just to get the vibe etc and have now got to a point where a few years later, I have heard from several sources that I am respected by all the moderators/admin. You have to earn your stripes, so stop walking over people who are just trying to give advice in the frankest, most efficent way possible, their lives don't revolve around giving advice on a forum to inexperienced people who didn't do enough prior research. Did you ever think the way Glenn gave 'advice' to you in your thread was because of how you reacted in several other threads you made when you were wrong? The flaming can go both ways, deserved or not.