Sign in to follow this  
hamish5

BMW M3 raffle

Heres a thought.. I'm leaving the country in a little over a month and need to get rid of my car, after work one night the bar crew and I over a drink came up with the idea of selling raffle tickets with the grand prize being my car! For this to work over 2500 tickets would need to be sold. Who's up for it? Do you want a ticket?

There's almost 5000 members on this site who all love BMW's and I'm sure you could afford a $10 in the hopes of getting your hands on a 1999 BMW M3 Evo.

This is no joke, I'm keen to go ahead with this BUT only if I can get enough support. After trying to sell my car on trademe with many tyre kickers flaking out on the purchase I search for an alternative.

I'm wanting over 2500 people to join this group by the end of the month if we achieve this tickets will go on sale, you will be able to buy as many as you like :)

Comments are welcome on the facebook page or on here.

Please get involved guys if this is a huge success then profit will go to charity.

Link

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&a...id=298632397788

Edited by Hamish_m3

You may want to check out the legality of what you're doing. It's actually illegal to run a raffle unless all the prizes are new and unused. Also, you require a license to run the raffle if the total value of prizes is more than $5000

Check the rules out here:

Lotteries and raffles rules

Guest Simon*

Provided it checks out ok I'd be keen Hamish

Will join the group later when I can get on fb

Didn't a Chch family raffle their house this way?

Thanks Mark, I've got people looking into it for me. At this stage I'm gauging interest to see if it were worthwhile.

Edited by Hamish_m3

a couple a bit before, raffled their million dollar home in queenstown.. bought a ticket for $25 bucks. but ending not winning :(

Edited by Docile

Lots of people leaving the country at the moment?

Yea gota job that takes me to the sand for 3 years, don't want to leave my car in storage. Will buy a new one upon return heres hoping anyway.

Am still very much looking into the possibility of doing this, and whether I will have the time to complete.

If anyone is already in a society and has done raffles before I would like to hear from you.

Cheers

joined thats awesome idea! define profit though :P isnt that the whole point of this? theres the potential to make far more than the car is worth this way too probably

joined thats awesome idea! define profit though :P isnt that the whole point of this? theres the potential to make far more than the car is worth this way too probably

Yea your right there, I am concerned by the time I have left in the country. But there is potential to make money and I'm happy for that to go to charity legal reasons and all that I couldn't personally keep it.

I would buy 1.

Not joining facebook tho!

that's fair enough, if I can pull this off ill be sure to let you know.

Guest Ari Gold

Tell all your friends on FB kids!

(you know, all those random people you met drunk one night in town and sent you a friend request)

I'd be keen to buy at least 5 tickets :)

I'm not on facebook though sorry, but I'd join if it meant having a chance at winning a M3 for dirt cheap :)

Tell all your friends on FB kids!

(you know, all those random people you met drunk one night in town and sent you a friend request)

cheers dude, word of mouth will be the success of this idea!! If I get a huge response by next week I'll go hard with the lotteries commisson and get this sused out.

Bit of a twist on selling a car aye??

I know there was a couple that raffled off their house

But wasn't there another one recently where they sold paintings or something like that and if you bought one you went into a draw to win their house?

Potential loophole you could use perhaps?

You could call the raffle tickets art :)

I know there was a couple that raffled off their house

But wasn't there another one recently where they sold paintings or something like that and if you bought one you went into a draw to win their house?

Potential loophole you could use perhaps?

You could call the raffle tickets art :)

there's always loopholes I just need to find it. Got a couple of days off work coming up so will do my research then.

During which time get people involved and joining the group!

haha yea there's always loopholes :)

good luck with this, I really want to have a crack at winning a M3 for virtually nothing

Joining when I get home. Should this go ahead, I'll def be purchasing a number of tickets!