Sign in to follow this  
hamish5

BMW M3 raffle

Joining when I get home. Should this go ahead, I'll def be purchasing a number of tickets!

Mint thanks, just as long as everyone is aware that this will go ahead providing I reach the 2500 people who will definitely buy 1 or more tickets. Until this time I will not be selling any tickets. (needing to work the best way for this any ideas?? Trademe is my thoughts so far)

Edited by Hamish_m3

haha yea there's always loopholes :)

good luck with this, I really want to have a crack at winning a M3 for virtually nothing

At 2500 tickets sold 1 ticket gives you a 0.0004% Chance of winning.

To get a 1% Chance (1 in 100) you need to buy 250 tickets lol

At 2500 tickets sold 1 ticket gives you a 0.0004% Chance of winning.

To get a 1% Chance (1 in 100) you need to buy 250 tickets lol

There's always one to crank out stats haha. But without a ticket there's no chance :)

I would definatly buy 5-10 tickets......no facebook though :rolleyes:

if you are going to do it properly you have to sell a limited number of tickets. ie 1000 tickets at $25 each.. that way theres a better chance of winning

if you are going to do it properly you have to sell a limited number of tickets. ie 1000 tickets at $25 each.. that way theres a better chance of winning

Ill buy a few =)

haha guess the guy from wellington fell through?

Mean idea Hamish I'll def buy 5 tickets

Make the prize a tank of gas and you get the M3 for free

haha guess the guy from wellington fell through?

Mean idea Hamish I'll def buy 5 tickets

Make the prize a tank of gas and you get the M3 for free

Yea he decided against it all good tho I'm still having fun.

Does anyone know the ins and outs for this sort of thing? Do I sell something to you and you go in the draw for the car? (researching at the moment)

Sell lollipops for $10 each.. you get a free ticket to go into the free M3 BMW draw. You would have to send the lollipops & ticket to the buyers to keep it legal though... check it out further ... I'm no lawyer

Edited by *Glenn*

At 2500 tickets sold 1 ticket gives you a 0.04% Chance of winning.

To get a 1% Chance (1 in 100) you need to buy 25 tickets lol

Fixed.

Sell lollipops for $10 each.. you get a free ticket to go into the free M3 BMW draw. You would have to send the lollipops & ticket to the buyers to keep it legal though... check it out further ... I'm no lawyer

Thanks Glen, thats what I'm thinking might have to happen aye!? Meet with the lawyer Saturday morning hope she can shed some light on it for me.

We could make this a good event! Ticket numbers may be capped but at this stage not to sure.. The aim is for profit but also to give away a decent donation.

Charity I'm thinking of is guild dog appeal... thoughts?

My epic fail at maths

Haha hadn't even stopped to think to do the numbers. better chances than big wednesday huh?

Have got a good amount of people on the facebook page today, and noted the ones who don't want to be part of it. So if this keeps up over the next few days this might happen!

Definitely keen on the guild dogs to get the money, have a meeting with a guy at bayleys in the morning so will quiz him after our meeting.

Cheers for that, but its not really the idea sure I want to sell my car for X amount but to gain some profit on top is the secondary agenda and I want to achieve that to make it worth while.

braeden is good at maths get him to help you out in calculating how many "lollipops" you need to buy to go in the draw ;)

Joined, I would definitely buy a couple.

Cheers for that, but its not really the idea sure I want to sell my car for X amount but to gain some profit on top is the secondary agenda and I want to achieve that to make it worth while.

I think you would need to cap the number of tickets so peeps would know what odds they're buying into.

Joined, I would definitely buy a couple.

I think you would need to cap the number of tickets so peeps would know what odds they're buying into.

haha cool good on you.

If I was to cap it at 3000 tickets how much would people be willing to pay?

I've got my reserve in mind for the value of the car and costs that I will incur for this raffle and profit is for charity, this will be done as legit as because it needs to be for my move to the UAE I can't risk my job on a few extra dollars .

Isn't it amazing what a few drinks can do to spark ideas.

Very clever idea.

Edited by MS BM

Isn't it amazing what a few drinks can do to spark ideas.

Very clever idea.

Thanks for that, yea and we only had a couple had to drive see ;)

But everyones support will help this go ahead, I'm excited at the possibility of being abl to hand someone my keys for $X that'd be the strangest but best feeling.

Can I put it out there and say for all the mucking around to do this would it not me easier to sell your car for a bit less?

3000 is alot of tickets to sell, It would be different if it was a new car etc.I would think that when it came down to it you would sell hundreds on here as opposed to thousands..

Can I put it out there and say for all the mucking around to do this would it not me easier to sell your car for a bit less?

3000 is alot of tickets to sell, It would be different if it was a new car etc.I would think that when it came down to it you would sell hundreds on here as opposed to thousands..

probably, but I never do things easy haha.

I'm just putting it out there to see how it goes, I am

sure I can get the numbers there's ways and means. (time is my only constraint)

In saying that the car is still for sale if anyones keen..

Edited by Hamish_m3

i wonder what my insurance company will say when i rock up asking them to insure me to drive it haha looks like its chilling in my garage for 7 years if i get it.. makes it a classic :D

Something similar to that was done on Kiwibiker, buy a poster of a race bike and you go in the draw to buy the race bike for $1. As far as I am aware that was totally legit.