Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

After information on someone

End of last year a lady who wasn't watching were she was going reversed into the side of my 540. She was about to drive off when she spotted my mate watching. She said no problem I will pay. Went and got three quotes for her with an average of $1200 to fix.

Her response was "F off you white C word, I ain't paying that much, I am only going to pay $400 and you have to get it fixed by my mate". Her mate works from his run down house garage so no thanks.

So I need to put it through small claims.

I have her Rego and Address. But I need her name etc.. Just wanting to make sure I obtain all the details legally.

What is my best avenue?

The name I gave on the small claims form for her last year does not exist. Which does not surprise me.

Edited by driftit

Unfortunately i have a feeling given her attitude, even if you do get a ruling against her you will be waiting years for full payment, $5pw = 4.6 years :angry:

I'm not condoning illegal activities but..........................i know some people :ph34r:

Sit outside her house and wait for the mail man ooop's mail person then run an check the names on the envelopes :D kidding I know you NOT ALLOWED to do that. Not saying you shouldn't

Get a private detective ??

$5pw = 4.6 years

Thats what my mate did :D, but he's actually that poor. Do you have full insurance?

Guest Simon*

Go to your insurer, pass on all the details you have on her - they will pay your costs and go after her for their pound of flesh.

Go to your insurer, pass on all the details you have on her - they will pay your costs and go after her for their pound of flesh.

+1

Avoid small claims at all costs. I know for a fact it is incredibly easy to delay the whole process for almost a year. And then if you finally do get a ruling as said above, you'll get one peanut a week for the rest of your life.

had some unfriendly characters reversed into my car when i was in the parking lot queued up in traffic looking for a park. the "unfriendly" woman reversed her odessey into my rear side 1/4 panel and said that it was my fault that she could not see my car... .... ... ... ... i was standing there baffled about what she said as i looked into the massive dent she left on my car...

told her that i would park my car first then sort it out.. took the plate number down and looked for a parking. got one close by and called her over. she was furious as a rabid dog.ranting about how its my fault... and then her husband came and said "%*&$ its not even that big and visible.. what are you on about you %&%& ^**%$! "

told them are you guys %*&$ blind. the dent is like 10cm deep 40 cm wide!!... then some good ole bystanders said "you want me to call the police. i'll be your witness"

well story goes on from that.. but in the end since i only have 3rd party insurance on that car, and the fact that they dont have insurance or the lady was driving without a license, they ended up paying only $10 a week to me FFS!!...

I already realise I am going to get $5pw from her. She is on the dole. Though she has around 6 cars on the property.

I am paying for the repairs myself due to not being covered in this situation by my stupid 3rd party insurance. My last policy covered this sort of thing but this one does not apparently. Don't know why on earth I got 3rd party on a car like this.

Looks like I have found her details through the title for the house. And she is not the owner of the car. Surprise surprise.

No job at the moment. Def once I have one.

if you need owners details dan just pm me the plate or alternatively the address and i can see who lives there and try find her name that way.

End of last year a lady who wasn't watching were she was going reversed into the side of my 540. She was about to drive off when she spotted my mate watching. She said no problem I will pay. Went and got three quotes for her with an average of $1200 to fix.

Her response was "F off you white C word, I ain't paying that much, I am only going to pay $400 and you have to get it fixed by my mate". Her mate works from his run down house garage so no thanks.

So I need to put it through small claims.

I have her Rego and Address. But I need her name etc.. Just wanting to make sure I obtain all the details legally.

I gave on the small claims form for her last year does not exist. Which does not surprise me.

Jeez Danno, you don't half seem to get yourself into some scrapes! Are you just unlucky, or a bit of a gangsta on the side :ph34r:

Hope you get it all sorted mate, but I don't rate your chances of getting any cash soon.

then some good ole bystanders said "you want me to call the police. i'll be your witness"

I witnessed an accident from 2nd storey office window a year ago. Watched the 2 parties argue and afterward went down and spoke to the poor lady who had her car rammed (other womans fault and she had been a total bitch and refused to admit fault). Gave her my card expecting nothing more.

Both insurance companies contacted me a few weeks later - woman at fault had fabricated a totally bullshit story and even drew a diagram to back it up. Hope she got done for insurance fraud too.

I'm not sure how you plan to find our the name of the person from the address TarrBaby - I very much doubt they own the land (so not listed on land records), and the Landlord isn't allowed to give out their details - privacy act. Might be worth calling the landlord though in case.

Tarrbaby (Andrew) has a very good database to use. ;)

I have not had the best of luck with my 540. While it is getting its damage repaired I am getting the bonnet and boot repainted which turned to sh*t thanks to an extremely half assed repair.

Edited by driftit

Claim against the owner of the vehicle first ... they'll soon reveal the driver that's liable (hopefully).

The insurance company does the same if the not at fault party can't provide driver details or only have a rego from hit and run.

Edited by M3_Power

Some 3rd party insurance companies have innocence protection.

Some f**king retard in his van stoved into the side of my Camry (he had no insurance). My insurance companie paid out market value and I bought an E30.

Some f**king retard in his van stoved into the side of my Camry (he had no insurance). My insurance companie paid out market value and I bought an E30.

awesome upgrade mate !!! :)

The funniest thing about it all is, I'm going to court about it next month.

The accident happened on April 17th 2009.

he's refused to pay a cent since they started asking him for money. Idiot.

While it is getting its damage repaired I am getting the bonnet and boot repainted which turned to sh*t thanks to an extremely half assed repair.

I go to Greig at Jordan Panels, opposite to BM workshop. He did my rust repairs, and did an awesome job. Extremely professional service and excellent workmanship.