Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Guest Ari Gold

As an aside to anyone who knows the down low on M3 4 doors, are there any in the country in hell red or any kind of red?

I drove one about three years ago. It wasn't actually that bad, but I would much rather have either a normal auto or manual. It felt like you could count to three before it changed up or down and auto mode is very jerky. What really puts me off them is the horror stories relating to maintenance!

Fair call I would rather a manual too. Have to say I don't dislike mine and on the track it's actually pretty good. It might seem strange but I find it more involved than SMG 2

Edited by M3 Cab

MMmmmmm if only I didn't need to tow my race car. -_-

Rather rare car, I wonder why they never sold more 4 doors? Was it a limitation thing?

I can see that thing being worth big bucks in 10-20 years time.

Rather rare car, I wonder why they never sold more 4 doors? Was it a limitation thing?

I can see that thing being worth big bucks in 10-20 years time.

I'm not so sure that it will be worth big bux in the future, mainly because it's a 4-door and partly because the 4-doors weren't raced.

Coupes and convertibles will generally rate way above a 4-door value-wise as a general rule, and I suspect that the M3 will follow the same pattern. Just because it's a practical option and already rare doesn't necessarily mean that it will be valuable in $$$ terms. It will no doubt be desirable to a few enthusiasts, but "rare", "desirable" and "valuable" are very different things.

As an example, an E3 3.0Si was arguably a better handling car and as quick as the mechanically identical E9 3.0CSi sold at the same time. It's a very rare vehicle these days, but the difference in prices is huge. An E9 will consistently sell for 5 - 10 times the price of an E3.

A noticeable exception to the rule of expensive collectible 4-doors would be the Falcon XY Phase 3 GT-HO which was also extremely rare but it was raced (and only available at that time) as a 4-door.

$0.02

partly because the 4-doors weren't raced.

E36 Supertourers were all 4 doors - not sure I can even think of an E36 coupe factory racer.

But that's beside the point - I agree with you. I can't see any decent reason for a sedan to be worth more than the generally more attractive coupe. Its a supply / demand thing.

E36 M3 and rare shouldn't be put in the same sentence unless the word aren't is in between. Green slime.

The four doors will always be worth more than the coupes because they are practical and quick, best of both worlds.