Sign in to follow this  
tire

More chinese car imitations

An email I got.

fayle

Edited by tastic

THere are a few phantom- esque chinese cars out there! Also they did a blatant copy of the X5 with a different rear side window. The rest of those cars arent so interesting or consequential as copies.

The Great Wall cars are fun to spot whos parts bins they raided to make the utes!

Honda Odyssey gone BMW, haha.

Posted Image

kinda cool imo? Better than Jeff Gray BMW in town... they have a Sign written Toyota Esitma van with a BMW badge on the back. god knows why they need a 7 seater van, surely one of the SUVs in the BMW range have 7 seats??

The X-trail copy isn't meant to look like an X-trail it looks more like a 2004 Nissan Navara

hahahahahahahaha

that's f'd up... cant they get copyright lawsuits?? im sure they could??

hahahahahahahaha

that's f'd up... cant they get copyright lawsuits?? im sure they could??

Even if they did, the Chinese would just ROFL.

I bet the build quality on them is absolute crap too.

Even if they did, the Chinese would just ROFL.

I bet the build quality on them is absolute crap too.

have you guys seen the top gear episode when they where in japan and the rolls rolls immitation? the build quality was nothing compared to the real thing. think it was season 11.. when they where testing the gtr.

These car you see are more for internal consumption (not export). Laugh all you like but for the people there, they are actually pretty good. (especially for the price)

Chinese car industry is still more or less a start up industry, give them 10 more year and you won't be laughing anymore.

edit: typo

Edited by my_e36

These car you see are more for internal consumption (not export). Laugh all you like but for the people there, they are actually pretty good. (especially for the price)

Chinese car industry is still more or less a start up industry, give them 10 more year and you won't be laughing anymore.

edit: typo

I agree.

The Chinese don't do things by halves, i would love to tour one of thier car factories. They would put the USA and MAYBE even european car makers to shame with output and efficiancy(sp?)

And all you guys going on about chinese build quality........walk 'round your house, check all your electrical appliances and come back and tell us how many are NOT made in China.

And all you guys going on about chinese build quality........walk 'round your house, check all your electrical appliances and come back and tell us how many are NOT made in China.

I always point this out when people say China has crap build quality. Probably a good 80% of the tangible items you rely on come from there for a typical household

yea and all those items break within a year

but all the stuff I had when growing up is still going ... ooo and it's stuff made in Japan, USA, NZ, Australia, England

^^ This - I was thinking it...

I can't believe how short a lifespan consumer goods have these days. Sure it's cheaper, but manufacturing methods and materials are cheaper too, so that is as it should be. Problem is everything breaks too soon. But the quality stuff from years gone by is still going strong.

There was a time when Japanese stuff was considered crap (cars included) but they got their act together - the Chinese will too. They're too determined to be a world player to not listen to their market.

To be fair, Pagani Zonda debut in 1999. Zonda Bus has been around since 1994. Zonda in chinese is Zhong Da Bus which is short for China Big Bus. So it's not a name they took from Pagani Zonda.

Sure the quality & reliability is probably crap because the chinese doesn't have the know how compared to Japan, Europe or even Korea.

and As crap as they maybe I think they might be one of the top bus manufacturers in China. People buy their buses :)

Edited by tonylauno1

and on the quality of Chinese products, they can make $0.10 battery or a $1 battery. It all depends on what the consumer wants to pay. Same goes for every other product, electronic, plumbing, vehicles etc You go to a trade show in China and you start talking about discount, they will happily oblige and the saying "You get what you pay for certainly applies here"

Big brand companies starts to cut cost and use cheaper parts to increase share price & profit and at the same time reduce cost to consumers and yes you get sh*t quality but that is not due to the chinese making them. Big brand companies also do not invest a lot of money on consumers good because they know majority will replace them in a couple of years. No point in making a tv that last 20 years...

WTF? Do some research before you show your ignorance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_inventions

This is quoted from an interview with Li Shufu the CEO of Geely cars. One of the biggest and most promising car manufacturer in China. This is only one of two Chinese manufacturer who has International backing from well respected financier and investors. This is the same CEO who is looking to buy Volvo because he wants China to catch up to the rest of the world and certainly think China maybe on par with Korea.

+ I am talking about automotive, not inventions in general. If talking about inventions then it's the Chinese that invented gun powder not Americans. It's the Chinese that invested swords not Romans. But we are not talking about inventions.

Edited by tonylauno1

the stereotyping of chinese products came from the cheap toys and home appliances a few years ago when china was just starting to industrialise. such as toys $2 toys that would break after 2 uses, shoddy workmanship on some home appliances. - usually from warehouse that was really cheaply priced and other examples that i cant think of right now.

but right now, it is a industrial powerhouse, most of the worlds top brands being manufactured or designed there for instance nike, and i believe fisher and paykel moved their manufacturing there now. with big name brands having set up shop, quality control on their products have changed the way china manufacture some goods.

your $200 nike would probably have a made in china tag on it. mine does and ive been playing basketball with it for just a little over a year now and its still in one piece.

it is not the cheap sweatshop labour but that of the lack of quality control on the products