Sign in to follow this  
antony

Top Gear Live. Did you go? What did you think?

Hey

Is anyone else going?

I'm flying up in an hour :)

Going to the 3pm show on sat.

April and my parents are going to the 3pm one on Saturday but I'm going to play cricket instead :)

weeeee heeeee , a realy good mate of mine has given me a ticket .

should be fun

April and my parents are going to the 3pm one on Saturday but I'm going to play cricket instead :)

I had to stop playing this year as I work weekends at my new job. :(.

My numbers 0274265996 if anyone wants to catch up. My first trip to Auckland outside of the airport lol.

I went last year and was not overly impressed so decided to skip it this year as there is no "Hampster".

200% humidity inside the tent didn't help either :(

Yeah went last year was ok but cbf'd going again this year

I'm going Sat too, 7.30 show and I've got tickets for back stage as well :D

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from Top Gear Live and of cause seeing Clarkson and May was great but Im wondering if anyone else went and what ya thought.

I thought the show was very much the same as last years with the soccer and the same cars on the cool wall?

It was a great show seeing the personalities but yea what did you all think if you went.

I enjoyed it but thought the whole show seemed very scripted.

The cool wall was excellent - especially when Clarkson told a guy in the audience that he didn't own a Ferrari because firstly he was fat, and secondly that he had a Ferarri hat (a Ferrari owner wouldn't wear Ferrari mechandise).

The Carmageddon part was a bit lame though and the back stage passes were a waste of money.

All in all, definately worth going to though!

Went to the Friday 8pm show. Considering they had a small "stage", they couldn't really do much. The expensive cars drive thru was a nice touch. The jokes were good. Show felt a bit scripted in parts.

Out of curiosity, in the other shows, did NZ come second to Sth Africa in the yelling match leader board as well ? Not sure if the camera stunt with the green & red cards was just a fabrication or the real thing ... Seemed a bit scripted too.

Real question ... would I go again ... probably not. Drifting Red Bull car was fantastic though outside.

cheese,with more cheese on the side.

but,i'm guessing its difficult to produce a stage show that incorparates all the faces of 'top gear'

was impressed with the size of the stage/how many moving cars at once,without too many tail lights flying

was it me or was it LOUD on saterday nite? or am i getting to old for this sh*t?

got free tickets,but wouldnt go if i had to buy 'em.

m out

I agree with all of the above. Had an awesome weekend tho, and was surprisingly impressed with Auckland.

over all I enjoyed it it was my first time,

Yeah do know what you guys mean about it being a bit scripted.

But the funniest parts of the day had to be,

the 80+ year old lady driving a 1806 Blue racing car. Which was awesome. a whole 14,250cc $ cylinder engine.

then One of the red bull Holden Utes popped in engine, did his bit, drove off got to the Reb Bull Holden Stand, And next thing you know a POP sound and all this smoke belowwing out from under the hood.

Oops comes to mind here.

Went up for the weekend on Saturday. I enjoyed the stage show but the highlight for me was looking at all the different cars - cobra's, a lambo, some nice ferraris, all very nice. The flight out of and back into Queenstown was the second highlight - Spectacular!!!