Sign in to follow this  
Venatus

E30 springs

Need a set of 318 e30 lowering springs for cheap, gotta be a legal height though, the current ones didn't pass wof. Cheers

Took it to the shell on pioneer highway, only place that could do it today, going wellington tomorrow so wanted to get parts if i had to.

Failed on wipers + washer fluid, headlights not adjusted, driver seat adjustment and too low.

Its got compressed springs and shortened shocks, would have to get pretty big rubber pads i would think.

I've got a pair of rear rubber pads and set of std springs in Palmy if that helps to get you through the WoF and mobile?

I've got a pair of rear rubber pads and set of std springs in Palmy if that helps to get you through the WoF and mobile?

yeah may end up having to do that until I can find a set of lowering springs to go in it, reckon they'd work ok with the shortened shocks in it?

yeah may end up having to do that until I can find a set of lowering springs to go in it, reckon they'd work ok with the shortened shocks in it?

I think they would work ok but not the best, just be an absolute b@##$d to get the things on there, would need some good spring compressors and a lot of pushing and shoving!

Haha, not keen on trying to force them on, Cheers for the offer though, will just have to wait till I see some come up

bump, still looking. Dont have to be ultra cheap haha, just legal and not brand new price i guess. :(

You could always try find some 6 cyl ones that have a bigger drop than you wanted in the equivelent 4cyl spring to offset the weight difference ;)

Hi Ven,

have standard springs if you can't find lowering ones

cheers

Jon

Just jam some standards in it to get WOF then put the compressed ones in (which is dodgy & pretty much illegal due to reasons someone else can indulge into). My sump cleared the 110mm rails the WOF guys at "Hamilton WOF Centre" drive it over so they didnt care about the springs.

As for the headlights, thats a pain to adjust (do your best then ask them if you can do it in their light tester thing).

That's some crap advice right there.

You're not ment to go and get a warrant with legal springs then swap them out for some Illegal ones <.< That's unsafe.

Yeah I really just want to get legal height lowering springs straight away and only have to pull it all apart once lol.

The ones in it are so low the front wheels clip the guards going into driveways etc

still haven't found any suitable second hand ones, may have to go new I guess

Go for superlow king springs. They sit pretty high and are pretty firm too. I have some spare but they have been cut 1 coil up front hah..

I can vouch for Superlow King springs being almost a waste of money, unless you want to spend the price of the springs getting them compressed to a decent height, like I had to do.

Yeah king spring superlows are the same as other brand lows.. like 40mm drop.. Most other superlows are 60mm drop and pretty low.

Edited by e30ftw

Have some Jamex Lows if you want them. Are you after the rears only or the fronts too? The fronts arent Jamex they are ///M Springs.

Posted Image

Old as photo but no recent photos of the overall car (all recent photos are of the Engine haha), but those are the springs installed

Make an offer