Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

I really like the look of this.

I really like the look of this , Caught my eye awhile ago, I have been umming and ahhhrrrring for awhile now. Guess i should ring the guy and go have a look.

What do you's think ??. Price ?? . I see it does not have the mulitfunction steering wheel, What would be involved in putting one in. Would have to take stereo back to oem of course.

Glenn or anybody what would be some things to really look at that are common problems

>>Trademe auction<<

I'm not speaking from experience with e46, but t usually pays to wait for the car that has all (or at least nearly all) of the options you want rather than try and retrofit them. The only proviso would be if it was the ONLY car you you could find that was in good enough condition.

Josh (hybrid) added a lot of options to his e46 after he bought it including multi-function wheel I believe so he could talk you through it, but if I recall he said if he did it again he'd buy a car already kitted out.

I'm not speaking from experience with e46, but t usually pays to wait for the car that has all (or at least nearly all) of the options you want rather than try and retrofit them. The only proviso would be if it was the ONLY car you you could find that was in good enough condition.

Josh (hybrid) added a lot of options to his e46 after he bought it including multi-function wheel I believe so he could talk you through it, but if I recall he said if he did it again he'd buy a car already kitted out.

You may be spot on, I think i might hold off until i come across something that is already at least 99% kitted out to what i want i think. The more i look though the more i want to stay with my current car as i have just not seen anything that is in my price range that ticks all the boxes, A few that ticks some of them but not all of them.

Edited by M-Spec

It's a good move to wait for the right spec car.

In the meantime go drive some including the 330. Get a handle for what they're like, the 3lt is a cracker.

It's a good move to wait for the right spec car.

In the meantime go drive some including the 330. Get a handle for what they're like, the 3lt is a cracker.

Interestingly enough i have been looking at those as well, This one here ticks 99% of all my boxes.

>>Clicky<<

Edited by M-Spec

I like.

Would prefer that in a 4dr. but oh I wouldn't complain.

They look best in Red Imo.

I like.

Would prefer that in a 4dr. but oh I wouldn't complain.

They look best in Red Imo.

Hehehehe, yes as i said ticks 99% of the boxes i would like bar the colour one. , But i will just do what a famous quote says "And the little boy waits"

That and i am waiting to hear back from the bank on my maximum approved amount on vehicle approved finance.

This one has been on before & sold through Team Hutchinson in Christchurch, he's not owned it long at all and he's asking about 2-3k more than what he paid for it. He's even had the cheek to use the same photos on the Team Hutchinson Ford auction. You can tell this by the fact that the pictures are lower in height and are not consistant as he's chopped the bottom of the pic off to hide the previous sellers credentials/signature/watermark.

It's still a bloody nice looking car to me though.

Edited by Clinton

How about this one. Anybody seen it in person or knows of it ?? >>Clicky<< Ticks most of my boxes. I know its down on power but to be honest i don't need anything with 1000000hp lol

Edited by M-Spec

I'd rather have the NZ new one (second auction on this topic).

Proper engine - tick

Proper spec (MF steering wheel etc.) - tick

NZ new - tick

Low ks - tick

Proper engine - tick

NZ new - tick

Low ks - tick

Yes i agree but its 5k out of my price range is the only problem.

Yes i agree but its 5k out of my price range is the only problem.

Negotiate - prices are rarely firm - use the 'lots of Jap import around with higher specs (some of them)' argument

Negotiate - with the finance company or bank - for both rates and amount. Get parents/family members to help put a little bit of pressure.

Good luck

Yup i am with you on that. That last one i was going to look at i just shot into BMW and grabbed a build sheet and its a Singapore version so that is a straight away no for me anyway.

Edited by M-Spec

The more and more i see the 330 the more and more i am intrested, B)

Get a 330 .. you wont regret it.

Also get a motorsport .. saves you having to mod it later for all the bits you wished you got.

for the 4-5k more you'd spend .. its worth it. Bumper shells are still 2k each :) if you get what I mean.

The more and more i see the 330 the more and more i am intrested, B)

Mate, the more I click on that TM link, the more I want to buy that car. I wasn't even looking to buy a car!!

Edited by 318Touring

Proper engine - tick

NZ new - tick

Low ks - tick

110%

Your going to get more for it once selling, it's more than likely to have a service history, less of a chance of it spending most of it's k's in traffic jams, no radio or sat-nav issues.

NZ New where you can.

What about this?

Not as sexy as the Ci but ticks all, and lower ks to boot!

Pity there are no interior pics could be very interested.

Question ... what exactly is a 'sat-nav' issue ?

Would be rather hard getting a Jap import's sat-nav to work in NZ (easily and cheaply). For E65, E6x, E9x, E8x etc.

In context for the e46 as the

If so it very hard to find one NZ New with Satnav full stop, It was a $7000 option new.

If you get a Jap one with a 16:9 screen and jap nav computer then youre half way there. Talking to someone like Hotwire here onbimmersport and buying one of his looms, purchasing a nav computer and BM54 / gps aerial / brackets and your there.

I hate to say it but in a lot of circumstances the jap cars are better equiped if your looking at 00-03's They are also priced more reasonably than the NZ models.

You can tell a lot from a pre purchase inspection and checking all the usual e46 issues.

Most of the problems of the e46 happen across the board except singapore import models which suffer environmental issues.

A e46 thats serviced in Auckland and drives the every day commute is the same as an e46 from japan doing the same thing that has had its service record followed. This also again has been stored in the BMW database and should be picked up on a the pre purchase.

So generally speaking with the excemption of Singpore, the Jap vs NZ debate is a bit of a over hyped fizzer that came from the trademe fanboy rumor mill.

Whats the budget we're talking here.

No one has mentioned a 330d which would probably blow a 330i off the road?

Whats the budget we're talking here.

It sounds as if the budget is around 15k.

If there wasnt one id be looking at this. Slightly over priced IMO.

I am now looking at at full m-spec 325i, I grabbed the chassis number and took it into the dealer who gave me the build sheet (which i now can't find for the life of me) but everything checks out, In absolute mint condition with 17" alloys and all the guff, 56k on the clock, Jap import just arrived, Took for a test drive and very impressed. Problem is its over my budget but i am working on that. Will keep you's posted. What will be will be :P

Posted Image

Edited by M-Spec