Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

This or that?

Cmon, 10k for a 900hp car... anyone would. Hell I'd pay 20k for a daihatsu charade with 900hp. I agree that it's not worth anywhere near 85k, but who couldn't resist 900hp... In anything.

Its got too much accessories and stereo equipment for a racecar, and, imho, too much power for a daily.. (would be a bitch to drive! One look at the dyno sheet shows you its tuned for all out HP not for useable power dlivery).. so that means its a show car, of which I cant see the point in spending all that money if you arent going to enjoy driving it

The porsche however is something that will be worth far more in 20 years than the price its at now. The Stagea will, lets be honest, probably be stripped out and the bits put in something else.

my $.02

Cmon, 10k for a 900hp car... anyone would. Hell I'd pay 20k for a daihatsu charade with 900hp. I agree that it's not worth anywhere near 85k, but who couldn't resist 900hp... In anything.

I still wouldn't.

Maybe this is my old 28 years old age talking, I'm just so distantly interested in these kind of cars. The Porsche YES, the Neeesan, NO. I really just can't understand why someone would need a car like that Nissan in their lives, what purpose it would serve other than unreliability & severely poor fuel consumption.

Dyno queen??

You'd spend more time maintaining it than driving it prolly.

Which could be s good thing considering..

I wouldn't touch it for 10k. The stagea's are pretty much the ugliest a jap wagon can get.

And not to mention I wouldn't be seen anywhere near it.

You can't give a blanket assumption the Stagea would be unreliable (it seems to have been well built and it makes a lot of power on relatively low boost as its made to rev). If anything the issue is that it would be tough to get it on-boost in normal driving (ironically fuel consumption therefore probably not THAT bad).

The Porsche, however, could have massive repair bills associated with it (and certainly would have hefty service bills). I'd choose the Porsche every day but I don't think the Stagea is a bad car, just a questionable looking one. What else would you choose if you wanted a really fast station wagon?

You can't give a blanket assumption the Stagea would be unreliable

Possibly, but 900hp from 2.8lts??

Generally speaking such things often don't live up to expectations.

What else would you choose if you wanted a really fast station wagon?

RS6 :ph34r:

What else would you choose if you wanted a really fast station wagon?

An RS6 is a little more coin, unless an older one pops up, not going to stretch to a new model for the same money, looking at $120k+

However, this RS4, new model is only a little above it price wise...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-264242217.htm

But do you really need a wagon? The M5 is big, and comfy (probably bigger in the back seats than the RS4 actually) and goes like stink!

arent we missing the whole point of a station wagon? Picking up and dropping stuff off... going on holiday with the family.. taking the dog to the river.. all of which are not going to enjoy 900hp

Possibly, but 900hp from 2.8lts??

Generally speaking such things often don't live up to expectations.

Agreed. That's a greater power to displacement ratio than the current F1 engines and we all know how much maintenance and care they require. Obviously turbo charging in this instance makes the nissan engine more reliable than an F1 V8, but you get my point.

So turn the wick down to 600hp?

An older RS6 could teach the Stagea a thing or two about servicing/repair costs and bad fuel economy too!

Don't get me wrong - I don't particularly like it, but there are some great bits in there.

So turn the wick down to 600hp?

An older RS6 could teach the Stagea a thing or two about servicing/repair costs and bad fuel economy too!

Don't get me wrong - I don't particularly like it, but there are some great bits in there.

You said what other really fast station wagon would you want.

I said RS6.... because well I would have one over the Stagea. Would you really NEED that extra 300hp? I think not, and John yeh I was talking about an older one like this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-270099597.htm.

I agree with Andy aswell

Edited by An E30 Fan

arent we missing the whole point of a station wagon? Picking up and dropping stuff off... going on holiday with the family.. taking the dog to the river..

All of which can, and quite frankly are much more fun, done very, very quickly :D