Sign in to follow this  
jpp

Are Kiwi drivers fit to be on the road?

More bad publicity for bimmers <_<

Its funny cause if it had been a Toyota or a Jap car then they wouldn't have mentioned the make. But because it was a BMW they had to say it was.

I used to see that car all the time driving through town... woman driver. Not many Dakar Yellow compacts around.

Probably tried to beat the yellow arrow, too much right foot.

ROFL

Too much juice on that wet corner & no ESP means LOLcorner.

Guest Ari Gold

In one video, a yellow car is seen spinning out of control on Blenheim Rd and careering across the median strip into the path of the 44-tonne rubbish truck.

The car driver manages to accelerate back on to his side of the road, narrowly averting an accident.

The drivecam video cameras were mounted on the dashboards of the company's fleet of 12 truck-and-trailer units two years ago.

They record and overwrite continuously, but if a "g-force" of more than 0.3g is registered – equivalent to braking or swerving sharply – the 10 seconds either side of such incidents are stored.

Er, what? Creative reporting at its finest.

Fake it 'till you make it!

At least she had the brains to steer away from on coming traffic, it could have been worse, it may not even be her fault, there could have been a diesel spill.

I mounted an island the other day, but it was on purpose, got road rage and decided to do a u-turn over the island... it was too high... I had one rear wheel in the air hahaha no damage and I got to my destination on time. Would love to see that on video... crazy girl jumps island.

At least it was only a lame Compact, not a coupe or sedan version with a decent motor.

Wash your mouth out grasshopper :P

Guest Simon*

Wash your mouth out grasshopper :P

That's ok Glenn, he went from an E34 to an E36 so his taste is obviously deteriorating :D

That's ok Glenn, he went from an E34 to an E36 so his taste is obviously deteriorating :D

And its only a 325... probably auto as well :lol:

I don't mean to be picky, but the only one of the highlighted parts of the text which may not be true is the bit about the driver accelerating back to their side of the road. The rest is all spot on, it's a very good system that was originally developed in Japan at dangerous junctions, then adapted for use in heavy vehicles. Works well at modifying driver behaviour and is pretty conclusive in finding out what happened after any accident!

That was hilarious.

At least it was only a lame Compact, not a coupe or sedan version with a decent motor.

the last time i saw that was a pair of e30s

Wellington meets a bit dodge Paul? :ph34r:

only if there is an abundance of testosterone and plenty of E 30 present.Even a few 5 and 7 calms them down a bit

Guest Simon*

only if there is an abundance of testosterone and plenty of E 30 present.Even a few 5 and 7 calms them down a bit

I have found that to be my experience as well <_<

I thaught E30 drivers were very highly regarded upstanding citizens?

they are, just those e30s tend to have a bit of a rebel in them, you gotta keep them on a very tight leash you know. or they just get away with all sorts.

I thaught E30 drivers were very highly regarded upstanding citizens?

no doubt but just like life the little cars need guidance from the bigger uns