Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

What a find!

Holy sh*t haha someone was a rich papa back when they brought them!

MUTHA %*$#$#!!.... when i win lotto........

Think Sam or someone posted a link to this a few days ago. Pretty sweet.

omfg!!!!! drooooolllll!! son of a b with an itch damn the lucky sod who found them

Can read all about it here.

Link

Just read that whole topic on e30Zone. Everyone was doubting him. Then he went and bought 2x Evo Sports 1x Merc 190e Evo 2 1xFord RS200. With pics. Apparently the Billionaire bought them for his kids(evo sports) and forgot about them!!! All Brand new with delivery km's!!!!!

Can read all about it here.

Link

Just read that whole topic on e30Zone. Everyone was doubting him. Then he went and bought 2x Evo Sports 1x Merc 190e Evo 2 1xFord RS200. With pics. Apparently the Billionaire bought them for his kids(evo sports) and forgot about them!!! All Brand new with delivery km's!!!!!

Can't see the link uless your signed up :(. If only i have Billionaire parents!

Worth signing up to read the thread. 2 m3's an RS200 and 190E Evo - too much awesome for me for one morning!

dont wanna sign up and read it.. just makes me more jealous !! FFS....

wonder how much someone would pay for the m3 if he was to sell it :D

Here we go. More pics on E30zone.

A few people have asked how did i come to own the cars? well like life its self we all need a bit of luck from time to time!! i was in a hospitality suite at the Silverstone GP last year and got talking to a chap there about cars i mentioned that i collect cars and he took an interest in the subject and went on to say that he had a couple of cars himself and went on to tell me that he bought 2 m3's for his son's when they were kids for future investments there now 21 and 22, that's why there are 2 red ones (save's the arguments i guess we all know what kids are like) and he also went on to say that he also owns a merc evo 2 and an RS200 and there all brand new and unregistered, you can imagine how i reacted my chin hit the floor lol!

So we swapped telephone numbers and he said if he ever wants to sell the he would give me first refusal i thought that's the last i would ever hear from him,then in January i got a phone call out of the blue from him to ask if i wanted to have a look at the cars and see if we could come to an agreement on price if i was interested so we made arrangements to view the cars and it turned out the guy is a very very wealthy business man so much so he's a billionaire, you would never know he's very down to earth!!! so we agreed a price and the rest is history!!! Well chuffed!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Does anybody else wonder about what modern current cars would get this much excitement in 20 years time? IMO I think those days are gone. Can't think of any current cars that have the Hero status.

Does anybody else wonder about what modern current cars would get this much excitement in 20 years time? IMO I think those days are gone. Can't think of any current cars that have the Hero status.

Back in the late 80s early 90s there was an "investment" boom and after the stock market went tits up a lot of people were convinced to swap their investments into other things, property, art, fine wine and even classic or collectable cars. It is quite surprising how many and what cars were put into storage for investments like this guy has with these.

There are very few limited numbers editions being made now, as homologation rules for Group A, or B, etc. have been pretty much forgotten and any Limited Editions are now down to a few stripes and a set of rims. In terms of production cars I would say locally the HSV W427 could be in this category, I know many of them were bought for collections / investments. World wide, maybe a couple of the high-end Ferraris, Enzos, etc. or possibly some limited edition American Muscle, like a limited edition Mustang or the new model GT40. Other than that not a lot...although I would get pretty excited if I found an E90 M3 with only 57kms on the clock in 20 years time!!

Guest Ari Gold

E46 M3 CSL

360 Challenge Stradale

430 Scuderia

996 GT3 RS Mk1

HSV W427

R34 Nismo Z-Tune

NSX-R (02 model)

Lamborghini Gallardo LP-560-2 Balboni

Diablo GTR

Anything with low mileage and low production really.

I'm sort of wondering what Japanese cars (if any) will gain herotic classic status... like the Datsun 240Z, HR31 Skylines ect...

Nothing really nowdays seems to me that they're gonna last that long.

Too much.

I rember one for like 15k at least?

Too much. I remember one for like 15k at least?

I think you are looking in a different price bracket for the cars mentioned in this case, even if the 15k was in Pounds Sterling rather than NZD. No official prices have been listed for either the whole sale or car-by-car. Estimates for the M3 Sport Evos range from GBP45k - GBP75k EACH! As for the RS200, pick a figure and double it I guess.

Guest Simon*

Wasn't trying to make a comparison there JTP - just curious when Jappas were mentioned.

Low mileage unmolested NSX on the other hand ....

3 RS200 sold last year, 2 in europe and 1 in the states.

Lowest priced one was $145,000 and it had 1100 miles on it.

Wouldn't be to surprised if Ford or Malcolm Wilson buy this one ( the one found with the M3s ) to put it on display.

I do wonder and if I knew I would be a fortune teller, remembering when the Sport Evo came out and they were actually hard to sell, as were the Walkinshaw Group A SS’s and other Homologation specials like the R32 GTR in certain markets... The Group B RS200 was a sh*t load more desireable.

We didn’t know Group A was near dead and special cars like that were going to be a thing of the past.

The Group-A Touring and Rally car error was my favourite and I don’t think it will be replicated.

I don’t think there is a modern equivalent to Group A cars but there are defiantly a lot of collectable cars still being produced today, but what will be collectable im unsure, look to the mid to late 90's for an idea. Anyone seen a EB EF Ford Falcon GT for sale recentlly?? How about a HSV GTS-R?? These are growing in value.

It’s going to come back to personal preference as well, look at my own car for example, it’s one of 10 in NZ and is a limited number car to celebrate Renault winning the drivers and constructers championship, in ten years time I guaranty it will be very sort after, more so looking at how soft cars are quickly becoming. Unfortunately being French it won’t actually last 10 years in original condition so I will predict the collectors in the UK who are purchasing low KM cars now (as well as R26.R’s) could be onto something.

Disclaimer: Im not directly comparing a Megane to the M3 just using it as an example ^_^