Sign in to follow this  
Wom

ticket fell behind dash

Ok, so I parked in a pay and display parking building today.

Went away and did my stuff, then came back to my car.

When I went to grab the pay and display ticket off the dash, it slipped just out of my reach.

I tried to claw it back up but it slipped down behind the dash.

Not the aircon vent but further behind that in the dash right under where the windscreen meets the bodywork of the car.

How the heck am I going to get it out?

Do I have to take the whole dash off or is there another way?

Or could I just leave it in there?

I'm worried that it's going to block a vent somewhere behind the dash, or maybe sit on some wires, heat up and start a fire.

E36, pre-facelift coupe

Cheers

lol sweet as

yea it's the first time it's ever happened to me

if it didnt go down a vent then there is nothing to worry about, just leave it, unless you enjoy removing dashboards ofcourse

heck no, I heard the E36 dash is quite a tricky one to take off and put back on too

ah well, I'll leave it there as sort of a piece of history for a mechanic to find one day lol

you would be supprised what i have found behind dashes in my time as a mechaninc. lol

My cars a uk import and when I've been taking things apart I've found a fair bit of british currency and tube tickets etc. The car was imported well over a decade ago too.

my urS4 had 50c parking tickets and the like stuck down the dash.... pretty much forgot about them....

my moms Mazda MPV had japanese childrens stickers and a food wraper in the rear passengers compartment... MAF/customs fail

I got about 6 gym passes and 3+ pay and display tickets in my dash haha, no fire yet.

i had 1000 japanese yen note in mine.. was kinda weird when toiling around under the dashboard...

I did the same thing in a rental car in Brisbane...I ended up having to pay from the time the parking garage opened till that point... 7am-1.30pm didn't sound too bad apart from it was $25 an hour to park...talk about an expensive photo pick up!!!

i have found currency, parking tickets, chocolate bar wrappers, lollies, hair clips, sticky notes, even found plastic chopped up and siliconed over the heaterbox to stop air to the screen..... only on singapore import focuses for some reason.