Sign in to follow this  
Greg111

Paint restorer.

If anyone is need of a good paint restorer/smoothing kit :lol: then i recommend getting Mothers clay pad kit, comes with two clay pads, "Show time spray Wax" and a micro fiber, got board on Sunday so bought this kit for both cars. What a difference it makes, takes out any little divits and imperfections out of the paint and leaves a like new feeling to it, easy to use, only took half an hour to do the 3, little bit longer for the 5 ;)

I don't sell this by the way ;)

Available at any good Automotive outlet near you.

I can vouch for this. It's great when selling an e36, which we all know like to throw their paint away at any oppoturnity.

Looked brilliant afterwards. Also used it to keep my last bike as immaculate as ever. Awesome stuff

On subject has anyone tried "Grunt", that was good stuff can't find where to buy it.

How much did you get for your coupe dirty?

On subject has anyone tried "Grunt", that was good stuff can't find where to buy it.

How much did you get for your coupe dirty?

3500. Probably could have gotten more, but, it's all in the name of wheeler dealing.

Grunt? Never heard of it

I can vouch for this. It's great when selling an e36, which we all know like to throw their paint away at any oppoturnity.

Looked brilliant afterwards. Also used it to keep my last bike as immaculate as ever. Awesome stuff

The paint on the M3 isn't old at all but just brings a whole new shine to it, the spray on wax is great.

Forgot to mention, the price was $59.00RRP, good buying for the end result IMO.

The paint on the M3 isn't old at all but just brings a whole new shine to it, the spray on wax is great.

Forgot to mention, the price was $59.00RRP, good buying for the end result IMO.

Joolly good in that case. I'm seriously fussy when it comes to paint. Never really happy =P

Tried that and the Meguiar's equivalent. Both are just as good.

This is a product for surface prep prior to "proper" waxing or any corrective work (like polishing).

For best effect, you might want to still wax the car with something that's not "spray on".

Tried that and the Meguiar's equivalent. Both are just as good.

This is a product for surface prep prior to "proper" waxing or any corrective work (like polishing).

For best effect, you might want to still wax the car with something that's not "spray on".

The correct process is to clean the car, polish it then apply the claybar, cleaning gets the dirt etc off, polishing makes it shiny and claybar brings the colour up and removes small divits etc. Carried out this process on the M3 and now the paint is perfect. Even tried a panel on the 530 and that came up brand new, will complete it on the weekend.

The correct process is to clean the car, polish it then apply the claybar, cleaning gets the dirt etc off, polishing makes it shiny and claybar brings the colour up and removes small divits etc.

Really????

I always thought that you washed the car and then used the clay bar to get restore the paint and get rid of the contaminents. :) The polish wax etc

^^ Yep. Thats what i've always done.

After using a clay bar on your paint, you will be left with a surface that is smooth as glass and properly prepped to polish or apply your layers of protection. Not only can you clay your vehicles paint, but glass, wheels, lights and more. A common misconception about using a clay bar is that it has an impact on removing swirls and scratches, it does not. If anything, using a clay bar can actually add minor imperfections in your paint so it's always best to follow up with a polish to remove any added micro-marring.

You don't polish before claying.

Posted Image

Clay. Cut. Polish. Wax.

But yea Mothers is the sh*t.

Can recommend their Reflections Range Spray Wax. Its lush.

I have used all theirs and Meguires products now and if you would like an opinion on any products just ask.

"its lush"?? now i feel like im back in england again.... cant say i have used mothers before, but have heard good things.

$59.00 from Repco.

Ahh Clay bar, good to see people are catching on. People are always amazed by the results, but everyone is always skeptical about it. Really does make a difference and makes drying your car so much better.

I am a little fussy with paint and car cleanliness in general.

This is my routine for good paint...

- Rinse

- Wash (using lambs wool)

- Rinse

- Dry

- Clay bar

- Cutting compound on rougher scuffs and marks if needed

- Megiars 3 step

Paint Cleaner

Paint Polish

Carnuba Wax

- Gard X Paint protection

Stage 1

Stage 2

- Dust off and done

I really should do this to the 307... it's looking a little dull theses days...

Ahh Clay bar, good to see people are catching on. People are always amazed by the results, but everyone is always skeptical about it. Really does make a difference and makes drying your car so much better.

I am a little fussy with paint and car cleanliness in general.

This is my routine for good paint...

- Rinse

- Wash (using lambs wool)

- Rinse

- Dry

- Clay bar

- Cutting compound on rougher scuffs and marks if needed

- Megiars 3 step

Paint Cleaner

Paint Polish

Carnuba Wax

- Gard X Paint protection

Stage 1

Stage 2

- Dust off and done

I shall be doing this on the weekend, had to drive the M3 to work today and it started raining in the arvo. Rain plus dust equals very dirty.

Guest BimmerzE36

Im gona try this, thanks..I need some good wax... was leaning towards Turtle Wax Color Cure...

I shall be doing this on the weekend, had to drive the M3 to work today and it started raining in the arvo. Rain plus dust equals very dirty.

Saw you driving it today, looks good. Haven't seen it around in a long time

Saw you driving it today, looks good. Haven't seen it around in a long time

It gets out of the shed every now and then, Hastings is a big place haha.

hi can i use the rubbing compound as a replacement for clay bar? and then finish of with wax and then polish. will it give the shine that you have?

Rubbing compound is not a replacement for clay bar. Clay bar is a surface prep product that clean contaminants that cling on the paint surface that you can't washed away with normal wash.

Rubbing compound is more or less a polish, making fine scratches less visible.

Wax is a protective barrier, it should be the last step. So you should polish before wax.

If the whole treatment system is done properly, it's easily a full day or even 2 days work. This is why it cost mega-bucks to have a car "detailed". (which is different to "groom")