Sign in to follow this  
Parabolica

I new level of ugly...

Guest Simon*

Woah easy partner with the sweeping generalisations!!! Opinions are like arseholes, and we're all entitled to have our own. Discussion forums pretty much suck without discussion.

Last time I checked I had been out of the country, a lot. Seen many cars on different continents (in person I hasten to add), not to mention the abundance of international forums, car club sites and the like that we can check into at any time to see what is being done, and where.

I've had plenty of time to develop my own taste, and fine tune it. I can categorically say that these examples above are painfully ugly.

Plenty of appalling ones on TM and about in wider NZ - fortunately I think most of these people grow out of some of their early choices, or more often than not, they've got no particular affinity with the BMW brand, just bought one because they could and it was Euro, then waste their money making it "ricey".

Pretty sure there's at least 3 kinds of BMW owner too :P

You guys really need to get out of NZ and see some real cars...the cars in those pics (even though personally, not my style) are HUGE in the US

I've never seen anything like any in these pics, and I have been to an few car shows here (in fact am going to a Mustang show this weekend).

Woah easy partner with the sweeping generalisations!!! Opinions are like arseholes, and we're all entitled to have our own. Discussion forums pretty much suck without discussion.

Yeah i noticed the sweeping generalisation part after i posted but it's kind of what i meant...I think what i was trying to get across is that this a resonably conservative forum and that most (if not all) would agree that these are ugly looking cars...though can guarantee you on other forums around the world and probably NZ others will be creaming themselves over these

I've never seen anything like any in these pics, and I have been to an few car shows here (in fact am going to a Mustang show this weekend).

In the US i have been to SEMA and NAIS and i think it was called the Southern Califonia Auto show in San Fran...and all those shows had various types of cars similar to those Bimmers....mind you could miss them with everything else going on...but def there! I could almost guarantee you, there will be some chop shopped mustangs at that show you go too...that look just as non conventional as those Bimmers. B)

Guest Simon*

OK then Cliff. Admit it .......... do you like the cars above???? :D

We're all friends here, you can tell us. Will only take the piss for a day or so ;)

In the US i have been to SEMA and NAIS and i think it was called the Southern Califonia Auto show in San Fran...and all those shows had various types of cars similar to those Bimmers....mind you could miss them with everything else going on...but def there! I could almost guarantee you, there will be some chop shopped mustangs at that show you go too...that look just as non conventional as those Bimmers. B)

Yeah, I can imagine SEMA would have some 'odd' creations.

The show in San Fran wouldn't have been referred to as Southern California, that would be like calling a car show held in Christchurch an Auckland event.

No...seriously don't like this style and am definitely a conservative BMW enthusiast.

Im not a "BMW Lover" to be honest.

Alot of you probably knew that. I am a True Blue Ford fanatic thru & thru (all my mates, family & my Mrs think Im mad when they see my room == FORD stuff everywhere!) I only like the E30s (have loved them since I can remember. Not interested in any other BMWs. Only the '30s do it for me. Which is why I dont exactly diss people for what they do to their cars. Ricer or Racer who cares. As long as it tidy & legal (to that countries standards) Im all for it. We're not only "behind" the USA modified cars wises, but even Aussie is ahead of us by a few years! Their style of "showcar" is at least 5times more extreme than that of NZs wildest showcars. I've seen some bizzare sh*t in Hot4s, that makes NZ look like pussies for not attempting to do it.

Edited by Shady

^The free copies of last months mags in the staff room are always an entertaining read on smoko. Some of that sh*t is just outrageous!

I honestly cant understand how or why people are sticking up for the creators of these cars.

the way i see it, there are only two possible explanations for them.

1. The owners were dropped on their heads as kids.

2. they won lotto or something and, for a laugh decided to make the most hideous cars possible.

"each to there own" in this case is bullsh*t. these cars literally hurt my eyes, and its not funny.

look at the guy in the first picture, he has his hand in the 12 oc position, HE IS ACTUALLY PROUD OF HIS CAR, WTF?

i do have to agree with previous posts here...

BURN THEM WITH FIRE

Edited by Wervie67

post-4408-1275590140.jpg

In all seriousness though, what the hell was going through the owner's minds when they thought that modifying theirs cars that way was a good idea?

They have probably spent thousands and thousands of dollars making them 'custom' when they could have been using it for something useful like an education or a house deposit.

AGREED. BURN THEM WITH FIRE. LOTS OF FIRE

Edited by AJ_D

They have probably spent thousands and thousands of dollars making them 'custom' when they could have been using it for something useful like an education or a house deposit.

AGREED. BURN THEM WITH FIRE. LOTS OF FIRE

You could say that for just about anything though.

Everyone has a certain taste, some people have bad taste... for example these guys through our eyes. I'm going to be lame here and say if everyone was the same this World would be boring.

Some people have more money than brains...who's to say they are not already educated and own 10 houses!?

The cars suck. End.