Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

My stupid car.

Motivation, I seemingly lack it.

Anyways.

This is my 1991 BMW 320i.

It's not really 2L.

I bought it a year ago, Was all good untill the radiator came off and it overheated blowing the headgasket.

So, I decided to replace said ****ed engine with a 2.5L edition. This all went fine and dandy till the motors lack of mantinence caught up with me and random sh*t started breaking.

So I replaced all the bits, It went fine and dandy for 2000km and my BRAND NEW Cambelt tensioner

Here it is.... where it has sat for the last 2 months hahah.

Posted Image

And a few pict0rs of the engine... Might do the intake manifold... whilst I'm here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

To start this weekends project... I decided to clean up the garage a little... not that the car will actually fit in here, but It's nice to be able to find all the tools without major issues...

Posted Image

Posted Image

would so much rather be working under this carport... but... Obviously something large and American is in the way.

Posted Image

Now I'm just waiting for someone to come home to help me get the car on ramps. Whilst the car sits in the sun...

Posted Image

Several Hours Past....

Yay progress....

Posted Image

As you can tell I'm being a lazy ass mofo and not removing the bonnet.

Turns out you don't have to remove the bonnet to remove the radiator...

Also, it's ****iiing cooold.

Cock I forgot to disconnect the tranny cooler....

About 30 minutes lat0r... and some pie and coke.

Got this far, so I backed off that retention nut and turned the motor around a few times, and hopefully that's made it retention properly.

It's still in bits I'm going to put it back together tomorrow, I need to tighten the Torque convertor bolts up because something rattles on engine shutdown.

But I don't feel like getting wet from cleaning up the tranny fluid and coolant :P

Posted Image

And I'm thinking the cam seal might be leaking.

Edited by antil33t

To start this weekends project... I decided to clean up the garage a little... not that the car will actually fit in here, but It's nice to be able to find all the tools without major issues...

Lucky it going to be a long weekend :D

so whats the project :P engine recon? M30? Holden V6? :P

Just general fix up and tidy up nao, will be looking for a manual swap soon. I want to build an 2.8 M20. but will need another M20 first.

WTF is that thing in the carport?

Ohh it's a lawnmower my bad.

Edited by e30ftw

Thaaat, is a 1948 Chevrolet Loadmaster Chassis. and it has a wee motorbike that I rode around when I got bored whilst doing an engine conversion.

atleast it looks tidy, best of luck! E30's are love hate for sure, we all know how you feel at some stage or another

Cheers! only issues are some scratches on the back and a cracked rear bumper. (bodywise) and my ACS isn't on, but that makes it easier to work on.

Anyways, sorted the nasty noise out. was the cambelt, must have been overtensioned... now it's sweet hopefully.

Next issue is the knocking noise when you turn the car off.... Might have to video that.

atleast it looks tidy, best of luck! E30's are love hate for sure, we all know how you feel at some stage or another

+1

Two thumbs up to Enterprise Upholstery

Posted Image

An update.

Installed 3.64 diff, - Cheers Jono.

Got my seats back -

Posted Image

Annndd... I've finaly got around to fixing this thing... It's now my little weekend project, let's hope this weather keeps up :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Done. sh*t camera is sh*t.

Edited by antil33t

Tidy, how many coats of each did you end up doing?

My mate did it for me, he ended up just using all three cans up to make it as thick as possible(lots of light coats)... Ahh it looks SOOO much better than with no lip <.<

edit - just text him, "about half a dozen light coats of each, would have done more primer, but ran out"

Edited by antil33t

Oyea cool, did you use plastic specific primer too?

I'll be painting my Mtech bumper for the 36 soon

Nope, I told the guy at the paint shop it was panting a plastic bodykit, not a fibreglass one. And he said it's fine.

Good to see you won that auction! its going to look good once done.

Yeah man, I'm stoaked... probably paid a bit much.. but I'd probably never see one of these for sale ever again.

The rear is perfect, just all the paint is stuffed lol. no cracks in any of the plastic ect, probably could fix it up myself easy enough...

one of the Sideskirts has a kink in it... not sure how I'll go about that.. gonna go down to the panelbeater and get them to look at it.

Nope, I told the guy at the paint shop it was panting a plastic bodykit, not a fibreglass one. And he said it's fine.

A little word of caution, there are very many types of plastic that bodykits can be made out of, some are very easy to paint and it will stick like whatname to a blanket, other types especially polyurethane are a bitch to paint and need much more work and special primers. It will look ok to start with but start to peel after a short period of time if the wrong paint is used on the wrong plastic.

one of the Sideskirts has a kink in it... not sure how I'll go about that.. gonna go down to the panelbeater and get them to look at it.

The simplest way to do it is to mount it up on the car the best you can and then use a heat gun to warm the distorted area, then pull it back into shape and hold it there until it cools down with clamps or tape etc. Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Yeah, the front is very badly stone chipped(but only the paint has chipped off), but I lent my car to my mother and she scuffed it up, so... I'm thinking of just getting it done professionally.

When I had it repaired 150 bucks, on top of getting the crack fixed just to paint the front apron. - Beginning to think I should've, cost 80 in paint to turn around and do again.

I'm going to get the lot professionally done, I'm over it not being good :P

Would like to get the kink out before taking it down, as it would be cheaper... I tried to heat it up with a heatgun, and make a makeshift jig, but it's very hard.

The side skirts are a rubbery material, quite heavy. - different to the front/rear.

Cheers for the advice though!

Edited by antil33t

Posted Image

Removed my towbar today, test fitted the bodykit, pretty stoaked with it, just needs PAINT!

and here's a picture of my interior today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

no passenger vanity mirror for me ty...