Sign in to follow this  
skyline_400r

Got caught today for my illegal german plates

Thought i might share this with you guys

I was parking my car outside my work this morning when a cop spotted my illegal german plates :P

He was just having a glance at my car at 1st when he suddently noticed something different. He wasn't sure what was different, so he sloooowly walked closer, closer and closer.

At that point i still hvn't turn off my car, and i was thinking if i should jst drive off..... but then even if i drive off i reckon the cop would jst chase me anyway, so i gave myself up

Now I have to change back to my shitty NZ plates, instead of my looovely german plates....

I had them for more than a year now, and I am sure i'd miss them on my car

were these the |D* xxxxxx| type of plates or the black and white ones? I spotted a set of NZ germanplates.com on a e92. Looked quite nice.

Guts u got spotted by the po-po :(

were these the |D* xxxxxx| type of plates or the black and white ones? I spotted a set of NZ germanplates.com on a e92. Looked quite nice.

Guts u got spotted by the po-po :(

mines are the 1's with the EU logo and 'D' on the side

similar to this 1

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3247/247035..._d55a676a2d.jpg

I couldn't afford the real legal ones as they cost like $400 for a set

plus i like the EU logo better than the NZ flag

Stink man, although I hope you dont really mind that much- if we arent allowed them neither are you :P

Theres an A8 driven by some Arab in the city with shamelessly ACTUAL european plates haha... dots, dashes, colours and all

im going to get some of these plates soon... i will just carry my origianals in the boot and plead ignorance..

im going to get some of these plates soon... i will just carry my origianals in the boot and plead ignorance..

let me know when you want to get them. ill help out with shipping and get some too if timing works out

no hurry here either

yeah i gotta get my full 1st, dont really want to draw attention to myself with passengers.

+1, no rush... Doing the interior first :)

Unless you get demerits for it, I don't really care tbh.

I'll just get fined once and not do it again hahaha. I live in Dunedin anyway, have seen tonnes of fake plates.

Pfft, Oli, get your full.

Hahaha, I got mine in 2006... and I'm younger than you.

^sweet. probs sometime during the year.. no idea when tho

I'd be keen on a set too, I already have euro plates but want a set of the oldschool black background ones

I'm thinking of getting a NZ german plate and then sticking a sticker copy of the genuine NZ euro plate logo over the top of the replica ones. That way its cheap and not so obvious lol

^how do you know how old i am?

[DRTE30] - > [View Member Profile]

I'm thinking of getting a NZ german plate and then sticking a sticker copy of the genuine NZ euro plate logo over the top of the replica ones. That way its cheap and not so obvious lol

I was told it's usually the font they look at. The 4's are open and the M's and W's are different on the fake ones etc.

Though with the right colours and logos - you might get away with it. But being stuck in traffic/redlight in front of a cop might become a nervous experience.

I got pulled over for this about two years ago, told to cop I had no idea what the issue was and that as far as I knew they were NZ made ones and I got them for a birthday present - got let go with no fine, however I removed them after that just to be sure.

Edit: Reason he said for pulling me over: font looked different.

Edited by BBS-RS

got done for these last year ... fine and demerits, and that was with fake euro plates that were actually the NZ style with NZ flag on one side and fern on the other ... said that they came with the car and i had no idea ... he didn't buy it. He actually looked for the holographic watermarking.

Highway Patrol in Auckland are aware of them more from the Font.

I'm keen on going in for a couple of sets when you guys get yours...

I talked to a mate of mine (whos a cop) about this but he had no idea, i think it's not so common down here...OR the popo are just behind on the times :lol: