Sign in to follow this  
Sudo

Pod filter on 318

How do I fit these?

Do I need to get new piping made up, etc, I have a brand new pod filter lying around, that was meant to go in my subaru but that was gona cost like $150 to fit(new piping and all that)

just gotta mac it onto your afm by way of an adaptor or if it will slip straight on then do that.... just have a look.

really need to do a full cold air induction thing, and heat sheilding for it to be of merit, but yeah

Just go for aK&N flat panel filter, save yourself the time and trouble for what will be a guaranteed small improvement. There's every change that the pod filter won't improve your performance at all.

Bdogg had a pod filter connected without any heatshielding etc, and was having problems with loosing revs..

i have a pod filter ... dont think it makes any difference, no better no worse.

bit more induction noise but thats all.

depending on what filter you have you can prob go to repco and get a adaptor to fit thats all i did

not sure what the later engines are like but if you remove your filter box you may need to make a bracket to support the weight of the intake .(in my e30 the filter box is bolted onto the chasey).

i only chucked a pod on because it worked out cheaper than buying a standard filter,but now i wish i had left it as it was- all it seemed to do was suck more gas.

give it a miss.....ive had one before and they seem to cause more problems than i can be bothered with...already got K&N panel anyway

Im surprises they have no game on BMWs.

On a turbo jappa they make HEAPS of difference. I reckon like 5-8 hp

Im surprises they have no game on BMWs.

On a turbo jappa they make HEAPS of difference. I reckon like 5-8 hp

You'll probably find that they have designed with max performance in mind already ... thats why the factory ones are designed better than japa's ..

hahahaha, thats the funniest sh*t i've heard all day... apparently japanese cars are designed without performance in mind

wtf

hahahaha, thats the funniest sh*t i've heard all day... apparently japanese cars are designed without performance in mind

wtf

well no they are not manufactured with max performance in mind .. that is why with tiny little tweaks in the likes of GTR can have such big boost of power ... they actually detune all the sports car to fall within a certain HP limit ...

Where as us BMW cars require a lot more effort for the same 100hp or whatever ..

wtf

They are designed with performance in mind but the end user doesn't get the performance-in-mind results as Ali has stated. Why would they sell cars with performance filters when that's just an additional cost they can save on by using mass produced replaceable filters.

Economy of scale my friend