Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

BMW 1M revealed

Know engine spec?

Sweet paint job on this 1 :wacko:

Wow.

Makes me wonder if there's really much point in paying the extra cash for an M3. Sure the 1 is a bit of a minga, but performance wise I imagine they're very similar. The 135i isn't too far off the pace of the M3 so you imagine 1M vs M3 would be very close.

What's the point of the curve masking psychedelic paint? We all know what a 1 series looks like, surely this isn't a lot different. It hardly hides the hugely flared wheel arches.

God, those rear treads are X5 width almost D-:

edit- I think the engines just a higher tuned version of the 3.0 twin turbo in the 135i

Edited by kingkarl

That would be one sweet whip.

But definite paint job failure.

The paint job is what all test mules come out as. Its to disguise the true lines of the car until its launched. Its to stop the japs copying their body styling before release. Notice also around the bumper there are plastic blanking plates around the lines .. to hide the curves and true look of the mouth .. which I might add has a suspsious intercooler look to it :) .. not too sure about that as the rumors have been something a long the lines of a s54 engine.. probably just a boosted n55 to around 360-380hp.

This will be insane. 1 series is the new E30

It easily is- parking my e30 beside mums 1, the 1 has a way longer wheelbase, so its not like it is really much of an emasculating micro- car

The best M cars are the ones without V8s...(Yes, driven them all. The V8s are just a bit lazier than the hyper 4, 6s and the knuts V10)

This one is going to be a blast.

Here is a nice pic from BMW. Shows where they are thinking...

post-2746-1278832443.jpg

^^^You've missed the point.

I've always though of the 1 as the new e30 so interesting to see others think the same.

Its to stop the japs copying their body styling before release.

Chinese more of a threat I'd say.

The best M cars are the ones without V8s...(Yes, driven them all. The V8s are just a bit lazier than the hyper 4, 6s and the knuts V10)

I beg to differ, went for a good run today in an E92 M3 six speed manual, with the M button pushed (as always) it definitely is no slouch, was insane really. Makes mine fail in comparison. :(

And a video:

And an onboard video too!

Hmmm like a smaller E46...

Probable almost the same size - new 3 series = old 5 series in size lol

from looks anyway

check these photos: M1 Coupe