Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

BimmerPerformanceshop names?

Here on some rough as guts concepts of just one quick idea, vary colours etc

Haha. Beats what I did =D can you do one with a black background =D

M technaholics

sht ebm.com, ebm.net everything is taken..

.co.nz?

needa find a hoster that can support the e commerce stuff for me. Which is hard

You can buy it off me.

I lie.

Can I ask how you plan on buying in the stock? I don't know if it's just me but I would think that most of us had no where near that amount of money when we were 15.

You can buy it off me.

I lie.

Can I ask how you plan on buying in the stock? I don't know if it's just me but I would think that most of us had no where near that amount of money when we were 15.

Haha. If i had heaps of $$ I wouldn't needa do this to get my car =)

Nah, to start im selling on behalf of wholesalers in NZ. And getting a commission til i can use the profit to bring in the good stuff =)

I also got round $650 from my iphone ( got it on a plan for $99 ages ago, off my dad cause he was getting a new one of the company ) But im planning on using the $650 on bringing in some sets of brake pads cause did some research and I can do a price on them better than anyone i could find online, and ill have em. here in nz before i sell em and ill do free shipping so if thats not competitive enough then i truly am stuffed.

Edited by Gotheschu

Look don't get discouraged by some of the comments mate, but do listen to the positive they had to say...you have far more to lose then gain if this goes belly up. Good luck what ever you do bud!

Look don't get discouraged by some of the comments mate, but do listen to the positive they had to say...you have far more to lose then gain if this goes belly up. Good luck what ever you do bud!

Not discouraged at all. Off to see some people tomorrow to check out the stuff they're wholesaling to me and hopefully the sites going online tomorrow night. So if anyone wants advertising. PM ME =D

Thanks to RJS for this logo.

post-5250-1278844965.jpg

ebmw? where did the w come from? obviously BMW, but there is no W in your name. you sure thats the domain you want to use? again, you might have the issues with BMW being in it...

ebmw? where did the w come from? obviously BMW, but there is no W in your name. you sure thats the domain you want to use? again, you might have the issues with BMW being in it...

The is seriously no domains available with just ebm or ebmonline or anything unless i want ebm.moari.nz. its easy to remember and pretty simple so all good for now. I can always use another online 9.95 a yr =D

Your saying you don't need that much money from this, just the odd bits and pieces for your race car. Yet you are going to risk a lot and (or at least I guess) put a lot of capital into this. So why bother. It seems a little high risk for a low required rate of return.

Like it has already been said, stuff from overseas is pretty accessable in NZ now. Also, take into account the economic outlook and the fact that Joe Bloggs isn't going to be spending much on his car if the OCR increases and he struggles to pay the rent and faces unemployment. Timing with the said luxury goods would be everything.

Saying it's better than flipping burgers at McD's is great but would you be saying the same thing in a couple years with $$$ of stock in the garage next to your unfinished race car?

Just my opinion. Obviously its your passion so go for it if you rekon it would work and you will have a ball doing it. Good luck dude.

The is seriously no domains available with just ebm or ebmonline or anything unless i want ebm.moari.nz. its easy to remember and pretty simple so all good for now. I can always use another online 9.95 a yr =D

.net.nz?

Your saying you don't need that much money from this, just the odd bits and pieces for your race car. Yet you are going to risk a lot and (or at least I guess) put a lot of capital into this. So why bother. It seems a little high risk for a low required rate of return.

Like it has already been said, stuff from overseas is pretty accessable in NZ now. Also, take into account the economic outlook and the fact that Joe Bloggs isn't going to be spending much on his car if the OCR increases and he struggles to pay the rent and faces unemployment. Timing with the said luxury goods would be everything.

Saying it's better than flipping burgers at McD's is great but would you be saying the same thing in a couple years with $$$ of stock in the garage next to your unfinished race car?

Just my opinion. Obviously its your passion so go for it if you rekon it would work and you will have a ball doing it. Good luck dude.

Race car just needs to be paid =) So it'll go forwards and back. Im not putting much captail in my 700 in and im happy to take the risk. Can't remember where i heard this but ya can't be a entrepreneur without taking risks, so if this isn't a good risk to start me off on a long career haha im going to medical school.

Yea I get all the points. I know from some views it looks like its going to burn to the ground and i see your point. But to start ill experiment. Keep most of my wholesalers in NZ and sell things that will sell ( or else they'd be worse of that me as some of you predict ).

Ill play it safe but I think it could work. I've spoken to heaps of people and been researching for round 2 months now.

Hopefully, you guys might prefer to spend an extra 15-20 bucks with me instead of some guy in the states. Ya never know you could pop on the site and see I have something that you can't find for a cheaper price if you can find it at all! =D

But seriously. Im not gonna screw myself so much i have to flip burgers at some crap shack, and I'd prefer to keep trying than do that. But I won't burn into the ground. Got heaps of help and advice coming from all directions and i really appreciate it all from you guys.

Im going to enjoy it and I hope you guys find the store at least reasonable but ill shut up now cause I needa pay for my bimmersport advertising since dad forgot and if I say more promotional kinda stuff someone will come after me with a shot gun! =)

Give it a go, you have nothing to lose. You will learn enormous amounts, even if you lose all the $700 (won't happen) it'll still be worth it for the experience.

What exactly is your plan for advertising?

Give it a go, you have nothing to lose. You will learn enormous amounts, even if you lose all the $700 (won't happen) it'll still be worth it for the experience.

What exactly is your plan for advertising?

EXACTLY haha.

Umm if it survives. =) the race car will be covered in it. ( dad said he would pay for my bimmersport advertising ) but he keeps forgetting but Im with him this week so Bimmersport advertising will be up soon.

IM not sure. If i get enough hits ill advertise for advertising on my site. Word of mouth hopefully. Ill be on trademe.

One of the bad things bout not having much to lose is not much capital.

But any advertising is good, so Ill sort it out after i have got the site working

Edited by Gotheschu

Why not set up a specific web site called "Bimmer Brake Pads" or bimmerbrakepads.com if that is what you are selling. If that works well, you can start another one with a different product line.

If you were to stock Pagid Brake Pads, I would be expecting you to stock all 3 colours for my beast, not just yellow ones for example. Having a narrow product line also makes you appear to be an expert in the field of brake pads and buyers like me want to have confidence in what you are selling.

Sometimes it pays to focus on a specific market initially rather than taking a shotgun approach to trying have a bit of everything. Start small and specific until you build up a customer base.

Why not set up a specific web site called "Bimmer Brake Pads" or bimmerbrakepads.com if that is what you are selling. If that works well, you can start another one with a different product line.

If you were to stock Pagid Brake Pads, I would be expecting you to stock all 3 colours for my beast, not just yellow ones for example. Having a narrow product line also makes you appear to be an expert in the field of brake pads and buyers like me want to have confidence in what you are selling.

Sometimes it pays to focus on a specific market initially rather than taking a shotgun approach to trying have a bit of everything. Start small and specific until you build up a customer base.

ah crap. I see your point.

Would someone like you, have confidence if a retailer like myself ( hopefully ) who supplied a lot of different brake products but also other products but not as much of it. So heaps of brake pads and kits and a few other things. I say this as I have already got some good deals on other things and look promising. But I see what you mean and I wanna try get a way of establishing that confidence for the customer.

But Ill look into finding a wholesaler for Pagid Brake Pads =D

Ok. Im off to bed =D after that disappointing F1 race =(

Alot of people starting new businesses get wrapped up in the romanticism of a cool name and logo and a flashy website, but don't base the business model on a good foundation.

The right name and branding backed up with effective marketing is important, but if your business model is weak, it's all for nothing.

You say you've been researching this for two months now? Have you done any market research? What is the demand for your product? What mark-up can you get. What are your overheads, operating costs, and profit margins, etc.

If you put the hard (boring) work in at the bottom, you could do well calling yourself just about anything you like. The name won't make your business a success without sound foundations.

My partner is currently looking at the option starting her own business. She has a great idea. I've been spending some time with her recently getting her to write a business plan and do some market research. I think her idea is awesome, but I'm unsure of whether her target market is big enough (it's a service-based business and we live in a rural area = limited population = limited market). She's as enthusiastic as you and has a name sussed and lots of ideas and I've been trying to channel that enthusiasm towards putting in the right groundwork first. I encourage you to do the same.

To start I'm getting a commission for selling wholesalers products and having them install the products for the customer for some things etc.

I'm relying on their secondary research, that they have done which led them to believe that their products sell. ( I went and saw two people they supply to today and they say if I can do a good price which I can, Ill do well in with that product ) Im only bringing a few small things in from the US and Europe to start to experiment with the market. So, if one brand of 3 brake pads I bring it sell really well and say some E30 Guys really like them or something then Ill invest in a little bulk of them and hopefully since they're good, you guys will want them as I saw in the forum Good brakes are hard to get, so if i can establish that I can do Brakes but since im not turning over 60,000 a year I don't have to register yet so the only thing Im putting in concrete is a domain for a year I can change a logo on a site or title easy.

When we bought a miltek system for the M3 from autopassion they said the market was pretty good for the Miltek alone. I'll have miltek not in stock but at the wholesaler so when I sell it, he will ship on my behalf. But Ill be competitive with such places as autopassion because as i can do cheaper prices as I don't need much to satisfy my expenses which are few and I wanna keep it that way. Ill be using retained profit so I won't have any debts or anything. I think the slogan thingy on the logo is a bit silly now, its not going to be a superstore, but I want to have multiple brands for the good stuff. Like for brakes Ill have at least 2 brands but a lot of their products not 2 of each.

Operating costs will be the site hosting and that's it. Dad and the others helping are like me. Working on it and getting their little bit.

It'll probably take a few months for me to earn enough to try out 1 of each of the small things but once I find a good one, the site will start to get busy hopefully with enough of the good stuff from good brands that you guys will like. And I know you all think it'll be hard to be competetive but if I cant do well of brakes Ill try suspension and so on. There will be something I can have here cheapier than having you guys wait weeks and pay round the same.

Keep the opinions coming. All helps =D

Edited by Gotheschu