Sign in to follow this  
bvm8w

Circuit Sprints

My first try at a bit of real racing(sort of), 2 cars line up side by side, flag drops, tyre squeel and away you go. A great experience had by all, mine being the only car to drive to the track and drive home again, everything else came on a trailer with roll cages, race tyres, numbers etc. It was a bit daunting!

we were split into 3 groups

Open roof

bigger horsepower fast cars (my group), incl. corolla dx 320rwhp (pictured)

smaller cars like starlets etc

We had 2 races of 3 x laps each on 4 different tracks, plenty of variety and a great learning curve for braking and cornering.

At the end of the day we had a result for each group and overall, I came out 1st in class and 5th overall, absolutely stoked, and with a personal best time of 1.42 for the main GP cicuit.

A couple of photos of my car in action.

Jas

post-3684-1278985809.jpg

post-3684-1278985838.jpg

post-3684-1278985874.jpg

post-3684-1278985904.jpg

post-3684-1278985941.jpg

Awesome dude!

Flying the flag for us drive in drive out BMW racers :D

Yea only way to go I reckon, have to get a few more of the christchurch boys out there. Anyone interested?

Yea I would be interested, if I had a car.

Just scored a set of slicks for the next time out, good condition, ex hamilton 400! my other tyres I was running on were 888's (Ex Atta, cheers man, many hours of awesome fun!) on there last legs with a bit of oversteer, so should have some improved lap times, as long as its not too cold!

Damn that's cool! Well done. Would be very interested myself. I know Sammy sure would be as well.

Damn that's cool! Well done. Would be very interested myself. I know Sammy sure would be as well.

A little xtra bonnet modification helped with the times, very subtle but necessary, whats sam peddling these days, hows Automotive axis going?

Car looks great - any chance of a few photos and some comments on the cars spec?

Below is a spec list of my car and Mods, along with a couple of photos.

1996 BMW E36 M Spec Coupe in Black

Engine: Lexus 1uz-fe, K & N air filter and custom alloy cold air box, Hand made Custom Headers, high flow exhaust, Microtech computer. Oil cooler, Harrop HTV1900 supercharger running 10psi, bullet large injectors, 750HP bosch fuel pump, custom dyno tune.

Driveline: Custom Strengthened Toyota R154 5 Speed, custom strengthened Driveshaft/ Quaife Helical LSD, Dallow High HP performance Clutch.

Brakes: AP Racing 4 Pot Calipers and Rotors, custom bells, Pagid road/race pads

Suspension: Adjustable coil over shocks, adjustable camber plates, heavy grade springs, professionally lowered.

Wheels Tyres: 19 inch DTM Penta alloy wheels, Yokohama 235/35R 19 tyres, 17 inch BMW AC scnitzer race wheels with TOYO R888 tyres, now with some slicks.

Exterior: Factory body kit,msport front lip, rear spoiler, M6 Mirrors, Lemans stripes

Driven: Daily driver plus fantastic track car.

Build time: 3 years

Future developments: Quarter roll cage, FIA approved race seats and harnesses.

I had to do a Bonnet modification to allow for the 6 to 10mm needed for the supercharger pully, bonnet wouldn't quite close.

Let me know what you think, your comments would be appreciated guys

post-3684-1279317528.jpg

post-3684-1279317573.jpg

post-3684-1279317607.jpg

post-3684-1279317640.jpg

post-3684-1279317667.jpg

post-3684-1279317779.jpg

post-3684-1279317807.jpg

post-3684-1279317830.jpg

post-3684-1279317846.jpg

Hot damn that's nice!

What was the dyno result?

Last time I read about this car I don't remember the blower :)

Hot damn that's nice!

What was the dyno result?

Last time I read about this car I don't remember the blower :)

Its a new addition, only been on 4 a couple of weeks, I couldnt drive it over 100km/h for the first week cause my bonnet wouldnt close, now had ove 200 down the front staight at ruapuna! I wouldnt be without it, its got soo much torque, on wet/damp days its hard not to drive it sideways constantly, a heap of fun.

Dyno tune at 320rwhp, a change of pully will increase it easily but dont want to risk any engine damage as it is my daily driver.

Hot damn that supercharger is insane!!! Can't imagine how well that hauls now..

Ooo sam has a couple of new toys, we might have to bring them down to your work one day soon :D

Hot damn that supercharger is insane!!! Can't imagine how well that hauls now..

Ooo sam has a couple of new toys, we might have to bring them down to your work one day soon :D

Yea its twice the car it was before, still no where as fast as you around corners, love to see sam's new toys, anytime but sundays.

Guest Simon*

That's pretty awesome.

Bonnet bulge is totally acceptable when it's for accommodating moar powerrrrrrrrrrsssssss!!!!! :D

That's pretty awesome.

Bonnet bulge is totally acceptable when it's for accommodating moar powerrrrrrrrrrsssssss!!!!! :D

Cheers man, I tried to make it as subtle as possible, all good having more power but if you make your car ugly doing it its not worth it.

Some friends were at Ruapuna and were telling me about a V8 supercharged E36.

Looks awesome with the supercharger.

Some friends were at Ruapuna and were telling me about a V8 supercharged E36.

Looks awesome with the supercharger.

Cheers, probably not what they expected from a BMW. It was an awesome day, very happy with the way it went.

Awesome car mate, always been one of my favorites on here. So stealth

Awesome car mate, always been one of my favorites on here. So stealth

Cheers, since the bonnet modification I am not sure whether to restripe it or de stripe the whole car, I dont want to take away from my new"power buldge" but still like the stelth look.

What do you guys think?

Impressed, well done! Maybe asked before, what is diff between M50 and V8 eng weights?

Edited by wayney

Dyno result posted in "Most powerful BMW" thread

Awesome Jason, very nice addition. Missing mine bad!!!

A very tidy conversion Jason... I like it alot and the "bulge" has been done real well

just got some factory clear tail lights and windows been tinted as we speak, this thing has become an addiction I cant stop!

Thinking about some black kidney grills, what do you guys think?